Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Are Mythic dungeons harder this expac? Yes, yes they are

I've only done a couple Mythics and im already impressed by how much i need to know for each of them.
    Compared to Legion, where i've never watched a video explaining tactics (lol)
    In BfA im doing raid level mechanics in the majority of Dungeons and sometimes even in trash mobs.
    Not Freehold.
    Freehold is...well...free loot

But so far what i've seen:
    Underrot: Only the first boss is easy, the rest have raid level mechanics
    Waycrest Manor: The 3 Witches were a pain and the last boss requires constant CC on adds and to burn them. One missplay and is a wipe.
    The Motherlode: Only the last boss is hard. If the DPS'ers dont know the tactic for second phase is a wipe.
    Temple of Sethraliss: Last 2 bosses also require to know tactics.

I like it.
    Loving having to study tactics, wipe on some tries and eventually down the boss nice feeling of progression

-------

"They are not harder, you are just a noob" -everyone

Well, ok?
    But i never bothered to study Dungeon tactic (in most dungeons) of Legion and i was clearing them no problem.
    In BfA, thats pretty much impossible.
    I think its great dungeons are harder this expac

What do you guys think?

Are you doing this from a pug perspective? Because I've literally never noticed any of the dungeons being overtly hard. ESPECIALLY the bosses.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I've only done a couple Mythics and im already impressed by how much i need to know for each of them.
    Compared to Legion, where i've never watched a video explaining tactics (lol)
    In BfA im doing raid level mechanics in the majority of Dungeons and sometimes even in trash mobs.
    Not Freehold.
    Freehold is...well...free loot

But so far what i've seen:
    Underrot: Only the first boss is easy, the rest have raid level mechanics
    Waycrest Manor: The 3 Witches were a pain and the last boss requires constant CC on adds and to burn them. One missplay and is a wipe.
    The Motherlode: Only the last boss is hard. If the DPS'ers dont know the tactic for second phase is a wipe.
    Temple of Sethraliss: Last 2 bosses also require to know tactics.

I like it.
    Loving having to study tactics, wipe on some tries and eventually down the boss nice feeling of progression

-------

"They are not harder, you are just a noob" -everyone

Well, ok?
    But i never bothered to study Dungeon tactic (in most dungeons) of Legion and i was clearing them no problem.
    In BfA, thats pretty much impossible.
    I think its great dungeons are harder this expac

What do you guys think?
    I thought that the Motherlode trash was very hard, as a tank. You Need to be "sneaky" and especially the Mobs between the 2nd and 3rd boss were a pain.
    Underrot also had hard trash, but the bosses were super easy.
    Waycrest Manor and Temple of Sethraliss were ez pez.

I get Underrot is a pain and even the trash's mechanics need to be understood, but Waycrest and Motherlode are just so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Are you doing this from a pug perspective? Because I've literally never noticed any of the dungeons being overtly hard. ESPECIALLY the bosses.
    Same. I ran them week 1 with guild - almost no deaths in any of them. Now i am currently running them with one friend and three pugs (new players each dungeon) and while you certainly can wipe if nobody pays attention to mechanics, our highest wipe count on any single boss was 2 so far.

I think dying 2 times on the hardest bosses with PUGs that do not know mechanics, pull mediocre DPS and are undergeared is definetely not too much. I think the dungeons are extremely average. Both in quality and in difficulty.

Edit:
    Question @ OP: Did you run the Legion dungeons you found to be easier in week 1/2 of the expansion, too? Or could it be you ran them much later, when everybody already overgeared them, simply because Legion offered you much more other content to do in the first month that is painfully missing from BFA? Honest question.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-08-27 at 12:00 AM.

I was just thinking that the bosses this expansion seem simpler and easier. Probably tuned with high mythic+ in mind.

There's Underrot and King's Rest, and then there's Manor and Atal'Dazar.

speaking from a tanking and dps respective bosses are easy trash is the only hard part and this will be amplified in m+ since fortified starts from +2

Literally none of them are harder. There might be one difficult trash pull in each one.

they're not harder,you're not brutally overgeared

Mythics were challening in Legion when you were doing them in Blues and Greens too. It's just that nobody remembers because you overgear them within 2 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Waycrest Manor and Temple of Sethraliss were ez pez.
    In waycrest manor
    The 3 witches were a wipe fest for me the first time
    And the last boss if you dont burn and CC the adds is GG surrender.

My group was a bit undergeared though

Underrot is the only slightly difficult one with the randomness of where the patches go down during tantrum. Also that platform pack before the first boss I actually use CC on, I'm a prot pally.

Other than that the lightning pillar/beam boss guy can suck if your DPS is all hur dur meters but that's a person problem not a difficulty thing. Similarly shrine last boss if the DPS can't find their interrupt on the drowning phase that can be a little challenging, again a person problem not difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Edit:
    Question @ OP: Did you run the Legion dungeons you found to be easier in week 1/2 of the expansion, too? Or could i be you ran them much later, when everybody already outgeared them, simply because Legion offered you much more other content to do in the first month that is painfully missing from BFA. Honest question.
    I cant remember when i started doing Mythics in Legion....but i played since day 1 of the expac.
    Maybe ive only done them on week 2?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I thought that the Motherlode trash was very hard, as a tank.
    Yes it is, especially if your mobility and mitigations are mediocre. Our tank already hates that dungeon, I had to heal him like a maniac on packs, and bosses were easier.

I can say for sure that we had more deaths on packs than bosses. Most bosses were quite easy for me to heal.

I watched a video on waycrest the other day, didn't realise half the bosses had that mechanic and I did them all at appropriate illvl, maybe I should play an elemental shaman to feel a challenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    First week? Yes.

Second week? No.

We’re just not used to having so little gear. Most people who started farming Mythics in week one are 340 now. Thus they’ve become significantly easier.

They don't really feel all that different to me to be honest. A smidgen harder maybe in a few cases. It does feel that they are designed around mythic plus more though.

The first week they were a challenge when I limped into them slightly under geared and everyone in the party being in the same boat. This week now that I am geared for and likely over them and most people are at least at a legit entry level to walk in it has gotten a lot easier. I will admit a few bosses do have things people have to actually do besides get out of the colored circle and pew pew but they are mostly things you figure out pretty quick. The one thing I noticed with a few bosses and trash this go around is interrupts are pretty critical. In the past it was a nice bonus for a lot of things in 5 mans to interrupt but you just pushed though without. This go around it seems like if people don't try you can get fucked quick. Although I know in another 5-10 item levels average for the playerbase it wont matter again.

Our guild did all the mythic dungeons at 287 on the second day of the expansion....lul... most of the bosses barely have any mechanics. We wiped to trash quite a few times, but bosses we rarely wipe to.