Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Not the same situation at all. The Night Elves were openly antagonistic to the Nightborne. There is nothing like that in the slightest with the Horde and the Faithful Sethrak.
    The Horde being led by a genocide loving maniac seems like a good enough reason for the Sethrak to join the Alliance to me. Besides, we've only seen a fraction of the story so far, and the allied races to come after Kul'Tirans and Zandalari is probably a year away.

Anyways, I'd be ecstatic if the Sethrak joined the Alliance. They need a piece of that dinosuar/Loa action that the Horde get so much of. They'd also be an excellent Druid option.

I don't want them at all but I don't see what else the Alliance could get as a counterpart to Vulpera unless they go back to the main continents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    They go to the faction that makes lore sense, not gameplay equality. And no, Night Elves aren't the Alliance Trolls.
    Just like the Voidelves amirite?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    The Horde being led by a genocide loving maniac seems like a good enough reason for the Sethrak to join the Alliance to me. Besides, we've only seen a fraction of the story so far, and the allied races to come after Kul'Tirans and Zandalari is probably a year away.

Anyways, I'd be ecstatic if the Sethrak joined the Alliance. They need a piece of that dinosuar/Loa action that the Horde get so much of. They'd also be an excellent Druid option.
    Right, and the Sethrak would somehow know what Sylvanas is like but every other Horde Allied Race doesn’t? Yeah, that’s not likely. Sethrak have infinitely more in common with the Horde and Zandalari than the Alliance. If they went Alliance they’d have to give up their entire civilization and loa, since the Horde would probably smack her back down out of spite.

This is the reason I think we will get one of them, not both. And I would much rather have the snakebois than the foxgals.

- - - Updated - - -

Nightborne and Night Elves WERE the same race, then the Nightborne were mutated into something else. Same reason she bemoans the High Elves and the Blood Elves. Also no again, you are collectivising everything. Not ALL races are racist, individuals are and not ALL Highborne were ok with Azshara and the Legion.
    The high elves and the night elves are separated by generations. None of the original Highbornes that change to high elves are still alive, not the same case with the nightborne. Also the nightborne consider themselves to be Kaldorai tho they also don’t consider the nightelves to be true kaldorai since they abondoned their heritage for the new tree hugging hippy shit.

Not all gnomes are smart, some individuals are quite dumb, but as a whole we consider gnomes smart
    Not all blood elves practice magic yet we consider blood elves a magical race
    Not goblins are greedy backstabbing assholes, yet....
    You get the point
    And yes in general the individuals may not always be racist but as a group they very much tend to be, short of Tauren, just about every other race in Warcraft are racist.

- - - Updated - - -

They go to the faction that makes lore sense, not gameplay equality. And no, Night Elves aren't the Alliance Trolls.
    We both know that with blizzard, gameplay trumps lore every time. It’s completely idiotic and I’d much prefer the sethrak over the vulpera (was very dissapointed by them) but blizzard can and would make up some stupid idea why they would jump to alliance. I doubt anyone expected nightborne to join the horde when we started questing at the beginning of legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Never.

/10 chars
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Oh, hey, is that yet another new Avatar, Veluren? And wow, do we have some necromancers in these forums. I thought this thread was so dead that it had decomposed to nothing.

I really don't see Sethrak going anywhere, to be honest. From a lore standpoint, Sethrak have greater interaction and debt to the Horde (Horde saved Vorrik, helped him assault the Faithless, helped him kill Korthek, tried to help him stop Mythrax, and then freed his Loa. Not sure how much more debt you need at this point.). From a tactical standpoint, it makes even less sense for them to be going to the Alliance, due to sharing a continent with the Zandalari. Two very prominent Zandalari warrior NPCs nearly die defending his temple and even go after the General and Mythrax upholding their promise to Vorrik to defend the temple with their lives. And the Vulpera aren't going to do any crazy shit to Vorrik and his group either. They openly acknowledge him as different, an ally, and Vorrik has the same warm regards. Vorrik's world quests go straight into Voldundai rep.

Having the Sethrak go Alliance would require a literal 180 degreee adjustment in attitude that would come out of nowhere. Or the worst asspull in history. So the Sethrak are going to stay neutral. We never saw any of those updated features that would remotely suggest an allied race.

For all of the quizzical Alliance, I think the pairing is going to be this: Vulpera -> Horde, Clockwerk gnomes -> Alliance. There is supposedly a town in Kul'tiras that belonged to gnomes that all disappeared. Clockwerk gnomes have been a race that has been requested for a long time, and with the clear Old God and Titan interference storylines, I think that we'll see them in the next content update. Yup, that's right. You're not going to see anything that might be an Alliance allied race until the next content update. And nothing stops them from bringing in the Drust as an Allied race now that their king is dead. There were supposed to only be a handful of void elves, and now look at them!

I think taking the Sethrak off of neutral status will cause too much shit in the playerbase. The Alliance want them too much, and the Horde have too much interaction with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The high elves and the night elves are separated by generations. None of the original Highbornes that change to high elves are still alive, not the same case with the nightborne. Also the nightborne consider themselves to be Kaldorai tho they also don’t consider the nightelves to be true kaldorai since they abondoned their heritage for the new tree hugging hippy shit.

Not all gnomes are smart, some individuals are quite dumb, but as a whole we consider gnomes smart
    Not all blood elves practice magic yet we consider blood elves a magical race
    Not goblins are greedy backstabbing assholes, yet....
    You get the point
    And yes in general the individuals may not always be racist but as a group they very much tend to be, short of Tauren, just about every other race in Warcraft are racist.

- - - Updated - - -

We both know that with blizzard, gameplay trumps lore every time. It’s completely idiotic and I’d much prefer the sethrak over the vulpera (was very dissapointed by them) but blizzard can and would make up some stupid idea why they would jump to alliance. I doubt anyone expected nightborne to join the horde when we started questing at the beginning of legion.
    Maybe not at the beginning of Legion, but when we started the Nighthold quest chains, I very clearly got a hostile feeling from the Alliance side towards the Nightborne, and given how it was only Tyrande and Liadrin there as representatives. . . . let's just say I wasn't surprised. If Anduin was the main liason, it might have been very different.

Right, and the Sethrak would somehow know what Sylvanas is like but every other Horde Allied Race doesn’t? Yeah, that’s not likely. Sethrak have infinitely more in common with the Horde and Zandalari than the Alliance. If they went Alliance they’d have to give up their entire civilization and loa, since the Horde would probably smack her back down out of spite.
    Why would the Sethrak have to give up their Loa and civilization if they joined the Alliance?

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay but what if the conclusion of this all-out faction war is that the factions just get dissolved at the end of the expansion and then Sethrak don't have to be Alliance or Horde.

If Lightforged Undead could be a thing on the Alliance side, I think the Alliance-Horde distinction will get too blurry to mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Okay but what if the conclusion of this all-out faction war is that the factions just get dissolved at the end of the expansion and then Sethrak don't have to be Alliance or Horde.

If Lightforged Undead could be a thing on the Alliance side, I think the Alliance-Horde distinction will get too blurry to mean anything.
    Dissolving the factions entirely makes too much sense. Blizzard won't do it. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Having the Sethrak go Alliance would require a literal 180 degreee adjustment in attitude that would come out of nowhere. Or the worst asspull in history. So the Sethrak are going to stay neutral. We never saw any of those updated features that would remotely suggest an allied race.

For all of the quizzical Alliance, I think the pairing is going to be this: Vulpera -> Horde, Clockwerk gnomes -> Alliance. There is supposedly a town in Kul'tiras that belonged to gnomes that all disappeared. Clockwerk gnomes have been a race that has been requested for a long time, and with the clear Old God and Titan interference storylines, I think that we'll see them in the next content update. Yup, that's right. You're not going to see anything that might be an Alliance allied race until the next content update. And nothing stops them from bringing in the Drust as an Allied race now that their king is dead. There were supposed to only be a handful of void elves, and now look at them!
    Mecha gnomes...? in the Naga raid patch? and Sethrak doing a 180? the sethrak aren't that far gone from Alliance ideals that It would be a 180, especially considering we do help them some... Drust is a pointless addition after kul'tirans considering the few that remain are the ones who teach the Kul'tirans druidism (their humanoid model is most likely the moonkin form).

I think taking the Sethrak off of neutral status will cause too much shit in the playerbase. The Alliance want them too much, and the Horde have too much interaction with them.
    S***? almost as much as the NB had when they joined the Horde? Hell you yourself pointed out that a patch added interactions between the Nightelves and Nightborn that helped them pick a side, it would be just as easy for them to do the same for the Sethrak, and it can't be any more petty then why the NB joined the Horde....
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-08-27 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Mecha gnomes...? in the Naga raid patch? and Sethrak doing a 180? the sethrak aren't that far gone from Alliance ideals that It would be a 180, especially considering we do help them some... Drust is a pointless addition after kul'tirans considering the few that remain are the ones who teach the Kul'tirans druidism (their humanoid model is most likely the moonkin form).

S***? almost as much as the NB had when they joined the Horde? Hell you yourself pointed out that a patch added interactions between the Nightelves and Nightborn that helped them pick a side, it would be just as easy for them to do the same for the Sethrak, and it can't be any more petty then why the NB joined the Horde....
    Yeah, mecha gnomes. BFA isn't really about faction war. It's about N'zoth. And as the most Warbringer short has clearly shown us, Azshara is working with N'zoth. The Titans imprisoned N'zoth. The mecha gnomes are also an assistant creation of the Titans. There have already been quests and dungeons relating to gnomes attempting to go back to their original Titan form. It could be the naga raid patch, or it could be a different patch, because we're going to see N'zoth's prison eventually. N'zoth's TITAN prison. It's not so far fetched to believe that such a prison would be maintained by an army of mecha gnomes.

Yes and no. With the Nightborne, Horde and Alliance players had equal amount of interactions with them. Then the official representatives came. And then the allied races happened. And that's when the shit hit the fan. I don't think Blizzard is going to do that again, which is what would happen if they they made Sethrak a part of either faction. You're kind of giving me additional ammunition by mentioning the fall out from the Nightborne because that's EXACTLY why I don't think they'll join either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, mecha gnomes. BFA isn't really about faction war. It's about N'zoth. And as the most Warbringer short has clearly shown us, Azshara is working with N'zoth. The Titans imprisoned N'zoth. The mecha gnomes are also an assistant creation of the Titans. There have already been quests and dungeons relating to gnomes attempting to go back to their original Titan form. It could be the naga raid patch, or it could be a different patch, because we're going to see N'zoth's prison eventually. N'zoth's TITAN prison. It's not so far fetched to believe that such a prison would be maintained by an army of mecha gnomes.

Yes and no. With the Nightborne, Horde and Alliance players had equal amount of interactions with them. Then the official representatives came. And then the allied races happened. And that's when the shit hit the fan. I don't think Blizzard is going to do that again, which is what would happen if they they made Sethrak a part of either faction. You're kind of giving me additional ammunition by mentioning the fall out from the Nightborne because that's EXACTLY why I don't think they'll join either side.
    Trouble is we are lacking anything near as unique as Vulpra to give to the Alliance, and from what I have seen most people who list Mecha gnomes as a possibility usually do it because they can't think of anyone else for the gnomes to recruit, more so then people actually wanting them... Lastly the lead in for the Allied race needs to be soon other wise Blizz will catch just as much S*** for the out of nowhere pull yet AGAIN for the Alliance.

Also something funny of note. All most all the flack they got so far for allied races (aside from the more Elf bellyachers on both ends) is from the Alliance who where on the bad end of all the controversies, this could just be the spiteful side of me , but I wouldn't mind if the Horde ended up being the ones stuck with some poor explanation and a resounding "get over it" for once...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-08-27 at 04:30 AM.

Mechagnomes have a history, and would at least make some sense.

But the issues with them is that they're literally programmed, only Mimir has active sentience and that's because he's a keeper, not to mention they don't have females because, I mean, literally why would they need them? Making them playable would involve a lot of re-writing their pre-existing lore and logical roundabouting (again, females), to a point they'd feel like an ass-pull anyway.

I want Sethrak playable, I don't care about faction (I don't "main" either, I have an equal spread of Ally and Horde), I'm mostly pulling for Alliance first for that exact reason, what else can they have that isn't a completely new, out of nowhere race that will feel extremely contrived? Meanwhile having Sethrak go Alliance would be literally as easy as "Sylvanas fucked up, again."
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-08-27 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Why would the Sethrak have to give up their Loa and civilization if they joined the Alliance?
    You honestly think the Horde or Zandalari would allow them to stay in Vol'dun if they went Alliance? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, hey, is that yet another new Avatar, Veluren? And wow, do we have some necromancers in these forums. I thought this thread was so dead that it had decomposed to nothing.

I really don't see Sethrak going anywhere, to be honest. From a lore standpoint, Sethrak have greater interaction and debt to the Horde (Horde saved Vorrik, helped him assault the Faithless, helped him kill Korthek, tried to help him stop Mythrax, and then freed his Loa. Not sure how much more debt you need at this point.). From a tactical standpoint, it makes even less sense for them to be going to the Alliance, due to sharing a continent with the Zandalari. Two very prominent Zandalari warrior NPCs nearly die defending his temple and even go after the General and Mythrax upholding their promise to Vorrik to defend the temple with their lives. And the Vulpera aren't going to do any crazy shit to Vorrik and his group either. They openly acknowledge him as different, an ally, and Vorrik has the same warm regards. Vorrik's world quests go straight into Voldundai rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not at the beginning of Legion, but when we started the Nighthold quest chains, I very clearly got a hostile feeling from the Alliance side towards the Nightborne, and given how it was only Tyrande and Liadrin there as representatives. . . . let's just say I wasn't surprised. If Anduin was the main liason, it might have been very different.
    These are my thoughts as well. It would have to be the biggest 180 and asspull that Blizzard has ever done if they made Sethrak go Alliance. All the evidence points them towards Horde or neutral, it just wouldn't make any sense.

I don't think they're going to be playable anyways because they don't even have a female model, which is kinda important. And before anyone says it: No, Sethraliss isn't a female Sethrak model. She's a Loa, she isn't like the other Sethrak. You literally run into female Sethrak while questing and they look exactly like the males.

I don't think they're going to be playable anyways because they don't even have a female model, which is kinda important. And before anyone says it: No, Sethraliss isn't a female Sethrak model. She's a Loa, she isn't like the other Sethrak. You literally run into female Sethrak while questing and they look exactly like the males.
    I think this is less of an issue then you're making it to be in particular, because if they did get made playable they'd probably get retro-actively updated to whichever new female model came out for them. That or Blizzard makes a bold choice by having them be a completely androgynous race where the gender icon only changes voice/how skanky gear is worn.

Edit: Also I just saw that, yep it's a new one @Scrysis , cost me like 35 bucks from a good artist who does too much fetish stuff to say in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    You honestly think the Horde or Zandalari would allow them to stay in Vol'dun if they went Alliance? Lol.
    we all know the Horde can't win a fair fight as long as we move our troops there before horde show up we are fine.

All jokeing aside, It would actually make a really good spot for the 3rd or 4th War front, considering the second will be in the Barrens, and we will most likely get one every major patch. Horde camp can be a Troll and Vulpera keep around Atul'aman, Alliance can set up shop at the temple gates.

we all know the Horde can't win a fair fight as long as we move our troops there before horde show up we are fine.

All jokeing aside, It would actually make a really good spot for the 3rd or 4th War front, considering the second will be in the Barrens, and we will most likely get one every major patch. Horde camp can be a Troll and Vulpera keep around Atul'aman, Alliance can set up shop at the temple gates.
    As someone on the Gen thread pointed out, Vol'Dun has a LOT of dead space in it, and while it makes sense because I mean, yeah, sand desert, it also means that there's prime real-estate to put a bunch of new stuff in there. I could see both continents getting warfronts, one in Stormsong and one in Vol'dun, since that's where the opposite factions have the most established bases. It would also give a chance for the Vulpera to prove themselves worthy of the Horde, and the Sethrak to get spooked into picking a side.

Trouble is we are lacking anything near as unique as Vulpra to give to the Alliance, and from what I have seen most people who list Mecha gnomes as a possibility usually do it because they can't think of anyone else for the gnomes to recruit, more so then people actually wanting them... Lastly the lead in for the Allied race needs to be soon other wise Blizz will catch just as much S*** for the out of nowhere pull yet AGAIN for the Alliance.

Also something funny of note. All most all the flack they got so far for allied races (aside from the more Elf bellyachers on both ends) is from the Alliance who where on the bad end of all the controversies, this could just be the spiteful side of me , but I wouldn't mind if the Horde ended up being the ones stuck with some poor explanation and a resounding "get over it" for once...
    Vulpera are almost literally furry goblins. They have no real established history or lore, and their culture is a slightly watered down version of that of the goblins. There are no vulpera monuments, no organized leadership, no written or verbal histories. Nothing. The quests you get from them are things like "I have a pet snake, go save his clutchmates from vultures," or "Faithless stole all of our trinkets. Please get them back while you rescue our three buddies from cages." I wouldn't say that they're unique at this point other than goblins getting a different face and a tail, and less culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Mechagnomes have a history, and would at least make some sense.

But the issues with them is that they're literally programmed, only Mimir has active sentience and that's because he's a keeper, not to mention they don't have females because, I mean, literally why would they need them? Making them playable would involve a lot of re-writing their pre-existing lore and logical roundabouting (again, females), to a point they'd feel like an ass-pull anyway.

I want Sethrak playable, I don't care about faction (I don't "main" either, I have an equal spread of Ally and Horde), I'm mostly pulling for Alliance first for that exact reason, what else can they have that isn't a completely new, out of nowhere race that will feel extremely contrived? Meanwhile having Sethrak go Alliance would be literally as easy as "Sylvanas fucked up, again."
    It wouldn't take much for them to give mecha gnomes sentience/sapience. Hell, they could even tie it to Mimiron. Maybe he decided to implement a back up plan and figured out how to distribute a new set of programming to pre-existing mecha gnomes. "Female" or even "male" mecha gnomes could very well be different versions/models that are designed to complement one another.

Having Sethrak go alliance would be more difficult -- their ties aren't to Sylvanas. Their primary ties are to the Zandalari. It's Zandalari that go and help Vorrik out, not anyone else. And Baine is the Horde representative on Zandalar. I think Blizzard has done that strategically. Of course Sylvanas is going to fuck up. But why wouldn't a race that we already have officially confirmed, the Zandalari, not turn away when it happens (literally the same thing you're proposing)? Baine. Baine is the official voice, face, and representation of the Horde in Zandalar. They don't bind themselves to Sylvanas; they bind themselves to Baine. Nathanos, Sylvanas chief representation, is ON THE BOAT. He's literally the farthest he can be away he can be from the main seat of power. The same thing literally applies to all of the new allied races, and you have the added pressure of the Zandalari being part of the Horde to boot. It wouldn't make logical sense for the Sethrak to screw themselves over by joining the opposite faction when their giant neighbors are making googly eyes at the Horde.

If anything, it would be easier for the Vulpera to go to the Alliance than the Sethrak to turn against the Horde. We already know that the Ashvane are evil jerks. All it would take would be Anduin coming in, disavowing the actions of the Ashvane, and then offering to make a deal with the Vulpera in return for them to join the Alliance. The vulpera are all about deals and contracts, not about ties of honor. Not only that, but the Vulpera are nomadic. They don't have a set location in Zandalar like the Sethrak do. Voldundai rep applies to everyone in Voldun, as the name suggests, because the Horde WQ in the zone are split between Vorrik and the Vulpera.

A) I don't think Sethrak will be an allied race, and B) it wouldn't be logical for them to be Alliance anyways.

There are a lot of other more logical allied races to give to Alliance than Sethrak.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of other more logical allied races to give to Alliance than Sethrak.
    None that would act as a natural foil to Vulpera, which if they become an allied race, they're 100% going Horde.
    'If' we get more allied races during BfA, and 'if' those races are part of the BfA story arc, they're going to be Vulpera and Sethrak. Won't be Blood Trolls, or Turtle folk, or Quillbors, Drust, or anyone of the other minor NPC races. I very much doubt they open up Vulpera as an allied race for the Horde and give the Alliance some non BfA related race, like Broken or High Elves or Arrakoa, or whatever.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect