Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So, this is supposed to be a "PVP" expansion yet pvp does not award gear

The only pvp in the game currently is randoms, skirmishes and war mode. War mode does not offer gear. Randoms offer 295 ilvl. With that you just get destroyed by people in mythic gear.

So, in order to play pvp I have to run a ton of dungeons, then heroic dungeons, whilst doing a ton of world quests?

I'm really mystified by this. BFA was heavily promoted as a PVP expansion, yet it penalizes pvp-ers way harder than at any time I can remember since I started playing in BC. I'm genuinely confused as to what the selling point of PVE is: it seems to be targetted at pvpers who like doing more pve than pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trendlast View Post
    The only pvp in the game currently is randoms, skirmishes and war mode. War mode does not offer gear. Randoms offer 295 ilvl. With that you just get destroyed by people in mythic gear.

So, in order to play pvp I have to run a ton of dungeons, then heroic dungeons, whilst doing a ton of world quests?

I'm really mystified by this. BFA was heavily promoted as a PVP expansion, yet it penalizes pvp-ers way harder than at any time I can remember since I started playing in BC. I'm genuinely confused as to what the selling point of PVE is: it seems to be targetted at pvpers who like doing more pve than pvp.
    PvP gear starts on September 4th, just like raid gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm wondering what I'm paying for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    It sure does but thats a tad odd, is it not? Why not just have at least HC level PvP gear from BGs from start?
    Not that I care much about PvP but still, it's odd.

I truly wish there was a "max 10% stat difference" or something similar. So that someone now with 340+ ilvl can max have 10% more stats than someone with low ilvl.

I was against templates when they were introduced, but now in hindsight I miss them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It sure does but thats a tad odd, is it not? Why not just have at least HC level PvP gear from BGs from start?
    Not that I care much about PvP but still, it's odd.
    I wouldn't even mind if it was just normal dungeon level personally, but it is basically questing gear. You are not remotely competitive with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Zyalo wrote "PvP gear starts on September 4th, just like raid gear."

Which is irrelevant as to the point clearly stated, which is that it is necessary to do a ton of pve before becoming competitive in pvp.

It's not a PvP expansion at all, World PvP has been around a long time, just that now you have an option for it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    It's not a PvP expansion at all, World PvP has been around a long time, just that now you have an option for it or not...
    I've played this game for 12 years and this is the first time there has ever been consistent world pvp with more than 1 player ganking another one.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I wouldn't even mind if it was just normal dungeon level personally, but it is basically questing gear. You are not remotely competitive with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Zyalo wrote "PvP gear starts on September 4th, just like raid gear."

Which is irrelevant as to the point clearly stated, which is that it is necessary to do a ton of pve before becoming competitive in pvp.
    Yeah, it's a bit silly. I don't want to PvP in order to PvE. I guess it's the other way around for you and your really should not have to in my opinion.

If you want to be competitive in PvP at the start of the season, you're going to have to PvE. There's no other way around it. And then after the season starts, you're still going to have to PvE because PvP won't give you nearly as much gear as PvE because if it did, the PvE'ers would cry that it's too easy to get raid gear from PvP. Blizz can't seem to fix this problem that they've had since the very beginning of the game. Back in vanilla, the best PvP'ers were also the best PvE'ers. We've gone from PvP stats to gear hardly mattering at all, right back to the vanilla style. Full circle. Maybe it's time for me to invest in Camelot Unchained. If all I want is to PvP, then why keep playing a game that treats PvP'ers like second class citizens?
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Yeah, it's a bit silly. I don't want to PvP in order to PvE. I guess it's the other way around for you and your really should not have to in my opinion.
    That doesn't makes any sense.

PvP items are seasonal items. Season 1 begins with Uldir.

This is why I wont level my rogue before we can obtain pvp gear :P

Atleast theres tons of world pvp going on without the focus on just getting gear, but out of fun and faction pride.

Deleted
    Its understandable but you dont buy a game thats 95% focused on PVE and complain when you cant to that 5% part without touching the other bit.

Ppl only really have themself to blame. Blizzard tried normalizing gear so PvP was 95% about skill rather than gear, but people dont want to have to be skillfull they want to bring a rocket launcher to a sword fight. So we're back to the situation where you get melted by people in better gear which inevitably will always be PvE gear unless theres PvP only stats

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Its understandable but you dont buy a game thats 95% focused on PVE and complain when you cant to that 5% part without touching the other bit.

Ppl only really have themself to blame. Blizzard tried normalizing gear so PvP was 95% about skill rather than gear, but people dont want to have to be skillfull they want to bring a rocket launcher to a sword fight. So we're back to the situation where you get melted by people in better gear which inevitably will always be PvE gear unless theres PvP only stats
    True, but they did try to sell this as a more PvP-focused expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't makes any sense.
    What do you mean? I don't want to PvP, you don't want to PvE, none of us shoudl ahve to. I'm agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I've played this game for 12 years and this is the first time there has ever been consistent world pvp with more than 1 player ganking another one.
    LOL, then you obviously never played on a PvP server then, I played on Mal'Ganis for years, ganking was standard day in-day out stuff, where it was 1v1 or groups roaming to grief....

True, but they did try to sell this as a more PvP-focused expansion.
    No, they sold it as a Horde v Alliance-focused expansion. There are Horde and Alliance NPCs, they could have completely removed PvP from the game, it would still be a "HvA" expac.

Because putting HC-level gear in random BGs would have forced all PvE players to do PvP to be efficient.

You see ? Your solution = the problem the other way around. Instead that, you'd piss off 95% of the population instead of the current 5% who are approximately crying because they can't gank lowbies (and people AFKing near dungeon entrances) efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No, they sold it as a Horde v Alliance-focused expansion. There are Horde and Alliance NPCs, they could have completely removed PvP from the game, it would still be a "HvA" expac.

Because putting HC-level gear in random BGs would have forced all PvE players to do PvP to be efficient.

You see ? Your solution = the problem the other way around. Instead that, you'd piss off 95% of the population instead of the current 5% who are approximately crying because they can't gank lowbies (and people AFKing near dungeon entrances) efficiently.
    Well, yes. But they sure put more effort into making it sound like PvP was more in the focus. The gear issue is fixed by having stats that only work in PvP. Worked befor, would work now.

In any case, I'm not into PvP and having mostly PvE works great for me.