Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The AH spammers won't be touched by the deposit, because it is refundable.

And getting weaker relevant to mobs as your ilevel increases until a point you are starting to get stronger instead is silly and feels bad.

Nobody is asking to faceroll content, people are asking for getting upgrades to make sense.

Deleted
    Oh boy, I expected more from the AH fix. Well 1000 stack of 2 items incoming ...

Can anyone explain to me why people list items one by one? I mean I don't get it. It made sense when AH listed by price and not by item per unit and you'd put it at higher price and it would show up on top. But I see pages and pages of 1 that are actually cheaper than if you would buy a stack. So I don't get it? I mean if you put it cheaper than the rest why wouldn't you put an entire stack cheaper? I make gold by buying off 1s and selling them in more expensive stacks so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why people list items one by one? I mean I don't get it. It made sense when AH listed by price and not by item per unit and you'd put it at higher price and it would show up on top. But I see pages and pages of 1 that are actually cheaper than if you would buy a stack. So I don't get it? I mean if you put it cheaper than the rest why wouldn't you put an entire stack cheaper? I make gold by buying off 1s and selling them in more expensive stacks so...
    They probably want to push the orders from the competition further behind, so people who are too lazy to scroll will buy their stuff first. I don't know. While having various stacks is sometimes nice to have as a buyer (because sometimes you just need a small amount to get one item done, or a handful of items, and sometimes you need a huge amount because you have to craft much more), I found it quite a hassle to list many offers as a seller. Though, I have not been selling much in the AH since the beginning of Legion...

But people still buy the 100x1 item stacks if they are at a good price. This will do absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Yea people did do that meanwhile they also complained why i curb stomp everything quick and old content is irreverent so fast. Now its not so fast people complain its so slow.
    Yes. I remember from beta, people moaning leveling is too easy and they should make everything harder. How people want to feel like the world is 'dangerous' and need to group up etc.
    You'll get complaints either way, though I think most people actually like things being easier. That's why automated grouping tools are so popular - quests are a means to an end, not a lot of people like slogging through killing 250k life mobs (that scale) to suck some 15% progress for your WQ.

Deleted
    How are you supposed to sell expensive shit like enchanting crystals, if you are only allowed to sell them in stacks of 10? How many people are looking to buy enchanting mats for 50k at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    They probably want to push the orders from the competition further behind, so people who are too lazy to scroll will buy their stuff first
    Maybe. Myself, even before I used an addon, would scroll through pages and buy the first stack. And a lot of my friends did / do the same. I'd actually like to see the person who says - I'm lazy to click through the 36 pages, but I'll buy the 70 cloth I need one by one. I'd wager the only ones who buy the 1s are people who use TSM, but I may well be mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Maybe. Myself, even before I used an addon, would scroll through pages and buy the first stack. And a lot of my friends did / do the same. I'd actually like to see the person who says - I'm lazy to click through the 36 pages, but I'll buy the 70 cloth I need one by one. I'd wager the only ones who buy the 1s are people who use TSM, but I may well be mistaken.
    I'm using standard AH and macro to speed up buying out (basically buying out without confirmation). I can buy the entire page pretty fast. But my realm is not huge like Draenor, so each buyout takes few seconds to approve and entire page takes 1-2 minutes. Honestly, Auctionator is overhyped and it could do a better job without all those rescannings.

The default auction house UI won't display the cheapest auction first regardless of your column sort preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long should the ban be? The time they gained so if it takes a few weeks to get all that reputation and gear etc, plus an added penalty for exploiting based on account standing.

So 2 months missing the entire end game content start seems a fair start point. Will prevent them from trying the same stuff next expansion.

How about finally updating the AH itself? Pretty please?
    P.S.
    And no selling that as a new feature...

Guild wars 2 auction house system is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    Or or or just add a filter (quantity range) for players to remove seeing those walls.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    exactly my thought ! the simplest solution

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Trade goods should sell on a stockmarket-like system, like in Guild Wars 2 or EVE Online.

If you're selling 2000 Tidespray Linen for 10g each.. you're selling 2000 Tidespray Linen for 10g each. Whether that's 10 stacks of 200 or 2000 stacks of 1 should not even be a question. It should simply be "2000 x Tidespray Linen". And buyers should be able to buy any quantity from that, from 1 to 2000.

Next step, allow people to set up buy orders for tradegoods. Now you've got a real market.
    That's too much common sense for them. If it took them this long to recognise a problem with 1 stack auction botters how long will it take for a proper market system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The AH spammers won't be touched by the deposit, because it is refundable.
    They will when people are undercutting them.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khama View Post
    Guild wars 2 auction house system is so much better.
    Yes. Yes it is. That Blizz hasn't incorporated it into WoW is all the more surprising: taking good mechanics from other games is something Blizzard generally does pretty well.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the AH gets truly revamped someday I might be happy.

Short-Term solution like this is years too late.

This change shouldve been implemented whenever they increased the stack sizes to 200.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    How are you supposed to sell expensive shit like enchanting crystals, if you are only allowed to sell them in stacks of 10? How many people are looking to buy enchanting mats for 50k at a time?
    did you not read the change? you can still thing sell things 1 by 1 but it'll cost slightly more to list them

also in the case of enchanting this change would be aimed at the dust and not the shards. only certain materials are being affected, things like Dust and Ore that you need in larger quantities
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2018-08-28 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    My 290 DH is destroying mobs, I can take packs of 5-8 enemies and kill them in under 5 seconds

Doing WQs on a Shadow Priest is depressingly slow.
    Im so happy I ain't playing. It's like Blizz is making the same mistake over and over again. Do they believe that shadows are masochistic or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Im so happy I ain't playing. It's like Blizz is making the same mistake over and over again. Do they believe that shadows are masochistic or something?
    It's not that they made the same mistake.

It's that they didn't listen to Beta feedback yet again and now we have to wait until 8.1 for any major overhauls.

Just for once they need to stop using Beta as a platform for self promotion and actually use it for proper testing.