Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not liking the rng traits you can get on gear that is already rng. This is pure cancer in gaming form, it's like the vanilla D3 devs were brought in to make BfA, yea cause the whole getting caster gear as a Barb player was pure cancer the first two years of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Traits are not random.
    Drop chance is, but traits are set and you can check what dungeon/raid boss drops what piece with what traits
    You know, without random traits it's even worse, that it would be with them.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I think the trait idea is cool, but I hate the artifact leveling part. Rather see traits have been maybe gems we could add to certain pieces of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder which traits the raid pieces will have.

But for Mythic pieces it can be a real pain if the RNG is against you and you get upgrades with useless or bad traits which gimp your playstyle.

As as Holy Paladin I really love to have: Holy Schock to leave a hot on the target, Light of Dawn 40yrds + bonus heal, Flash of Light bonus heal on beacon targets.... those are just the first traids to unlock and probably really gameplay dependant. But for me, especially the LoD is mandatory, so it would be better if people could choose their traits by themself, like from a big pool of all traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheldin View Post
    You can already watch then in game, in the raid journal.
    hey are visible since the release of BfA .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Lol... "it is shit because its random." "It is even more shit because it is not random"

This community

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you hate artifact leveling, wasn't it already promised in the expansion title "Battle for Azerite"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheldin View Post

But for Mythic pieces it can be a real pain if the RNG is against you and you get upgrades with useless or bad traits which gimp your playstyle.

As as Holy Paladin I really love to have: Holy Schock to leave a hot on the target, Light of Dawn 40yrds + bonus heal, Flash of Light bonus heal on beacon targets.... those are just the first traids to unlock and probably really gameplay dependant. But for me, especially the LoD is mandatory, so it would be better if people could choose their traits by themself, like from a big pool of all traits.
    You can look that up. Lol it is static, not random

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked, lets say I get 3 different Mythic head pieces, they all have different traits available... no?

You mean it's static that boss X will always drop azerit armor with the same traits - yes. But you still need THAT drop then... wonder how it will be in Uldir.

Deleted
    As usual, the starting idea is not bad, but again, is really, really bad designed.

Once again, devs did not listen to players, especially the ones playing through the beta. We told them how it should be reworked, and they did not listen.
    The main issue with azerite traits & azerite is that we once again have to infinitely grind. This is boring. What's the point?
    Azerite traits do not add gameplay. 99% of the time it's " Spell X adds X% dmg ". Once again, there is no theorycrafting and no choice, since trait X is better than any other traits.

Deleted
    It replaces tier set bonuses (fundamental for any RPG-game of sorts), artifacts, the possibility of new talents and legendaries from legion with actual impact. For that it's absolutely garbage. I don't care if I have some passive trait that makes me shoot watery waves at people and slow them at random.

Worst system ever. Especially when compared to what it replaces.

It would be meh for me if they continiued on with tier set bonuses and a new ability (be it through new spell, talent row or granted by artifact) as it was in every expansion before.

The fact that Azerite traits replaced all of the above is scandalous and only proves that the devs either cant come up with more ideas or just grew lazy. Even with pruning in previous expansion you got something new that kind of changed how you play your spec, if even a little. BfA classes feel like we took two steps backwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    How is having multiple systems working by probability better than just one? In what way?

I'd rather be able to say to my raid leader this helm is best in slot rather than I'll roll on whatever looks good at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It would be meh for me if they continiued on with tier set bonuses and a new ability (be it through new spell, talent row or granted by artifact) as it was in every expansion before.

The fact that Azerite traits replaced all of the above is scandalous and only proves that the devs either cant come up with more ideas or just grew lazy. Even with pruning in previous expansion you got something new that kind of changed how you play your spec, if even a little. BfA classes feel like we took two steps backwards.
    Blizzard ALWAYS take the path of least resistance with their balance changes. Some of the tier bonuses were incredible and some of them are so shit you don't even want the set. Removing sets eliminates this issue.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2018-08-31 at 12:16 PM.

Yeah, it's not random. The traits are set. You can have an Azerite-gear BiS-list. You can check every item and see which traits it got. The only rng is if it's dropping or not. And that rng has been here since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    For Outlaw Rogue the traits can change your gameplay quite a lot depending on what you like.
    No.

Even the RtB paradise trait doesnt change shit.

the only 'change' is the meme spec, which will be nerfed, also uses the worst trait for the spec until you 3 stack it, and generally is only a dps gain for people with crap gear. or you want to afk with a 2 button drool spec.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    No.

Even the RtB paradise trait doesnt change shit.

the only 'change' is the meme spec, which will be nerfed, also uses the worst trait for the spec until you 3 stack it, and generally is only a dps gain for people with crap gear. or you want to afk with a 2 button drool spec.
    I can only speak for myself. My ilvl is 341. When I changed my traits to 2x Paradise lost and 1x Deadshot my ST dps increased significantly and became much more stable. With this build i don't have to reroll because I get ~400 agility when I use RtB. For me atleast the RNG aspect is not a problem anymore and it is all because of the azerite traits. I hope I'm allowed to have this opinion and it is also backed by some data atleast.

For all Outlaw Rogues who has an open mind, I recommend trying to 2x Paradise Lost and see the difference.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-08-31 at 01:45 PM.

Think about this. Compare the current state of BfA (Pre-Uldir) to Pre-Emerald Nightmare Legion. It's honestly not all that different in terms of available complexity, unless you got lucky with legendaries. The only difference is we knew what to expect with Legion, whereas the Azerite system's future is purposefully unclear. I'm holding judgement till I see the Azshara raid traits.

"Lets look at some of the worst elements of legendary weapons from LOTRO back in the day, and copy just those features."

I wouldn't so much call it a failure as, mediocre and lackluster.

It's just so boring and the traits feel like they have zero impact on anything.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

It's boring because a lot of the non-class specific traits are actually BiS. Just aiming for something that procs damage on your abilities is rather lame.