Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will a 3rd warfront ever actually exist?

So I just read an article summing up warfronts, and assuming beta impressions remain true, the contribution dailies are apparently in the BFA faction capital!

Well then... this furthers my theory that we’re only getting two warfronts: one per continent, one canonical, eventual victory per faction, and keeping each faction simultaneously in both phases at once!

I mean where would the contribution quest NPCs for a 3rd or 4th warfront go? Would warfronts and their rewards close after a time to make room for the 3rd or 4th, thus making them a dreaded “temporary content” addition?

I’ll be watching these details and their implications as to how quickly we potentially leave the faction war behind us in BFA very closely!

Seriously though... how would a 3rd warfront even work if all of this is true?
    Last edited by Omedon; 2018-08-31 at 03:33 PM.

I think I've read somewhere that the 3rd Warfront will be in Southern Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I think I've read somewhere that the 3rd Warfront will be in Southern Barrens.
    Then what’s the second? Everything I’ve heard assumes that one is the barrens!

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz have said that they can pretty much make a warfront in any contested zone, so they have a pretty big pool to go from

And it really all depends on how popular and effective warfronts are.

Edit: The 3rd/2nd could be in Ashenvale, Silverpine forrest, Silithus and so on.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

We don't know yet.

But I believe so, yes. The southern barrens are next after Arathi Highlands, and after that we could get any zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Then what’s the second? Everything I’ve heard assumes that one is the barrens!
    Oh maybe you're right! I always assumed it would be Humans vs Undead in Stromgarde, Night Elves vs Orcs somewhere in Northern Kalimdor and then Dwarves/Gnomes vs Goblins/Tauren/Trolls in the Barrens.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    We have no confirmation there will even be a second one, aside from some map names.

My impression of Warfronts is that they will be incremental patch content. So while I doubt we'll get a new one for 8.1 we'll probably get one for 8.3 which will fill a month or three until the next raid comes out.

So if we have three raid tiers that'll hopefully mean three warfronts.

All sorts of candidates, southern barrens, stranglethorn, a new island, heck they could even go back and repurpose wintergrasp!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    We have no confirmation there will even be a second one, aside from some map names.
    I think an even number is a safe bet for as long as they remain alliance vs horde. Being a 100% PVE feature, there’s no law saying they can’t ever be Vs... oh I don’t know... some former highborne who grew gills and fins in the service of some super hottie out to conquer the world...

So I just read an article summing up warfronts, and assuming beta impressions remain true, the contribution dailies are apparently in the BFA faction capital!

Well then... this furthers my theory that we’re only getting two warfronts: one per continent, one canonical, eventual victory per faction, and keeping each faction simultaneously in both phases at once!

I mean where would the contribution quest NPCs for a 3rd or 4th warfront go? Would warfronts and their rewards close after a time to make room for the 3rd or 4th, thus making them a dreaded “temporary content” addition?

I’ll be watching these details and their implications as to how quickly we potentially leave the faction war behind us in BFA very closely!

AFAIK Warfronts aren't going to be temporary Content, but more like legion invasions, except that instead of Lasting only a couple hours they'll last for 1 or 2 weeks. I guess they're just gonna add warfronts with Patches and we'll always have 1 warfront up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    AFAIK Warfronts aren't going to be temporary Content, but more like legion invasions, except that instead of Lasting only a couple hours they'll last for 1 or 2 weeks. I guess they're just gonna add warfronts with Patches and we'll always have 1 warfront up all the time.

This is the best answer I’ve heard yet! Sounds good, makes sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think an even number is a safe bet for as long as they remain alliance vs horde. Being a 100% PVE feature, there’s no law saying they can’t ever be Vs... oh I don’t know... some former highborne who grew gills and fins in the service of some super hottie out to conquer the world...
    I'd be all for that, and all for using different races for the buildings and style of things, but I don't think we'll see them put that much work into it. I'm a cynic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I believe they will make a warfront and/or battleground in the future for ruins of Lordaeron once they have amassed the army they needed.

They might have one in Pandaria once they have done scout mission in that area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    My impression of Warfronts is that they will be incremental patch content. So while I doubt we'll get a new one for 8.1 we'll probably get one for 8.3 which will fill a month or three until the next raid comes out.

So if we have three raid tiers that'll hopefully mean three warfronts.

All sorts of candidates, southern barrens, stranglethorn, a new island, heck they could even go back and repurpose wintergrasp!
    I have a haunch they might update Tol Barad too since that island was suppose to be tied to Kul'tiras.

They could update the phased version with Legion bosses replacing old ones or they could make one wing a council type of 2 out of 3 boss from the 85 version or they may completely replace the three with a new set of boss.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-31 at 09:58 PM.

I believe that future warfronts and the possibility of their implementation depend entirely on how the first one will perform. If it doesn't perform well, I wouldn't be surprised if we get an additional one for the sake of parity, after which they'd ditch this feature. If there's to be more warfronts, the first one has to be a huge success.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The third is probably going to be Ashenvale. If we get a third, I think they cut their losses on a bad feature after 2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They last 72 hours everytime. It should be something like this since horde is attacking 1st.
    1- the horde gathering resources and preparing to attack stromgarde for about a week.
    2- horde will have wf access for 72hrs
    3- alliance prepares to attack for a week or so
    4- alliance will have access to wf for 3 days.
    I'm not sure about the 1 week tho, just an estimate based on what i remember from beta.
    You will have access to bunch of quests are rares on arathi when opposite faction is preparing to attack as well.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I think Blizzard said that there would be more than one at Blizzcon. That might be old information however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think Blizzard said that there would be more than one at Blizzcon. That might be old information however.
    They advertised 'Warfronts' (plural), I think that's the big reason why people think there will be more than one. I honestly hope so, but am not expecting it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vale of Eternal Blossom has a 8.0.1 tag with zone ID9105...No available map yet though.

Shrine of 2 Moons vs. Shrine of 7 Stars perhaps?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-31 at 11:34 PM.

They advertised 'Warfronts' (plural), I think that's the big reason why people think there will be more than one. I honestly hope so, but am not expecting it.
    Blizz could just go oo0oOo we meant the alliance warfront and the horde warfront. see guys? warfrontS.