Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cauldrons in the end arent worth using because of the imbalance of flasks needed compared to the raid comp. If my other tank and I bring our own flasks for our raids, together we will use 6 for the entire week, but that's only enough to make 1 cauldron.

And yes, your raiders should be contributing to the guild for you to be able to craft these

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the people taking your cauldron flasks at least show their love for it

Transmutation: Expulsom gives you 35 Expulsom a week for fairly cheap compared to the traditional way of getting expulsom. So I'm not sure this is actually a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's just gotten way more out of hand every single expansion. Food use to cost 1 fish. Pots were 3 herbs each.

BLIZZARD FUCK OFF.
    use to only get 1 herb per node too, same with fish

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Unfortunately, it's what Indie Company Blizzard has decided to do. Best way to get around it, assuming you're in a legitimate raiding guild, is to have all the unnecessary loot (ESPECIALLY trinkets) going to the lead alchemist instead of the lead disenchanter.

This is why ML/Loot Council is so vital, especially when Cauldrons cost BoP mats.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    use to only get 1 herb per node too, same with fish
    ??? Herbs were 2-4 on every node except the uncommon/rare ones ("Anchor Weed" in this case), except they were WAY more common than AW and took only 1 per flask in some cases. Ore was 1 ore per hit and possibly gems, but you could hit it 3-7 times (depending if rich or not and RNG). I'm also referring to the pre-Cata(?) days, unless you're referring to Legion with Starlight Rose which AT LEAST EXISTED.

Fish are still 1 per catch, what are you insinuating? This isn't like Legion where you can fish up a whole pool in one cast and you have nothing like the Sleeping Murloc to throw you more. Legion's system was way better than this boring ass mess of both Herbalism and Fishing.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-09-02 at 02:14 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Krovicz View Post
    I am really angry about this. After being in charge as a Raidleader for so many years this is the first time i am very upset when it comes to consumables.

I always crafted all the Cauldrons needed and starting with Uldir next week its the first time i need to manage to have enough Expulsoms.

So why do i as a RL have to spend my Expulsoms to the cauldron while everyone else is making money with it?

Will be hard time to get others to craft cauldrons for raids.

This needs to be fixed as fast as possible!

as you can see here its the first time it costs so much special material.

this is just meh.
    Get LW or tailoring on one of ur chars. Craft the bracers. Send them to ur main. Scrap them for expulsom. Now expulsom is just gold for you.

Our guild has been providing our BoE greens to the bank to contribute the Expulsom.
    Some of us are crafting gear and putting it into the bank as well.
    Working out well, because our members aren't really greedy and we want to be ready for next week.

My only complaint is the Hydrocores.

Expulsom are the least of the problems when it come so consumables at the moment. The sheer cost of the herbs to make them is so astromonical that it is too expensive to make them for the average raid group. Expulsom is easy to create. Buy cheap cloth, make bracers, scrap bracers, get expulsom. Hydrocores are also pretty easy since most raiders will be running Mythic dungeons every week anyway.

Ignoring the other herbs, just Anchor Weed alone costs in excess of 600 gold each and each cauldron requires 80 of them. Typical Raid night you might go through 2-3 cauldrons, Typical raid group raids three nights a week. That's 432K per week, just on Anchor Weed. Then add in the other mats as well and you are looking at around 600-650K per week and that's just flasks. Potions are an entirely other problem (2 of each herb per pot for the last 4 expansions, now 10 of one and 8 of another).

Blizz really needs to fix this and it needs to be done before the raid starts or people who spend big in the first week are going to be pissed that they spent more than they needed to.

Is it too much to ask your raiders to just sort their own damn flasks ?

Deleted

So why do i as a RL have to spend my Expulsoms to the cauldron while everyone else is making money with it?
    I havent seen a single copper from all the expulsom that i funneled into making blue/epic gear for our enchanters to disenchant or the monelite fish finder that we handed out across our raidmembers, do i complain that i didnt made any money? no

on top, if you are the raidlead and cant even bring anyone of your raid to support their own raid, then you are not in a position to complain, excessive mats or not.

Expulsom isn't even really a thing. Sure it takes a bit of time to get, but it can be done mostly while AFK and requires very little effort/gold. I made 42 of them earlier in about 20 minutes for ~50k gold, and it would be less gold if I wasn't paying more for stacks of 200.

As long as you have a random level 110 (which you do, let's be honest) you can easily get expulsom dirt cheap with either Tailoring or Leatherworking.

The fact they require Hydrocores is pretty annoying though, considering you don't get them from mythic+ to my knowledge and you'll need around 6 of them per week. It's fine now but in a couple months nobody is going to want run mythics solely for Hydrocores.

It should cost 1 expulsom and also flasks should cost 1 anchor weed.. not 5. (Or increase the spawn of weeds)

In EU the token is a bit below 180k gold right now. Flasks on my realm cost about 3k gold. So if you raid 3x3 hours you can get flasks for more than 6 weeks of raiding with 1 token.

Deleted
    I agree. That is way to high man, Like that is a joke.

I am really angry about this. After being in charge as a Raidleader for so many years this is the first time i am very upset when it comes to consumables.

I always crafted all the Cauldrons needed and starting with Uldir next week its the first time i need to manage to have enough Expulsoms.

this is just meh.
    You're only telling half the story. Transmute for Blood of Sargeras only gave 1 Blood of Sargeras, Transmute for Expulsom gives 5 Expulsom.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

They should 100% remove the Expulsom and Hydrocore mats, or make the Cauldrons sell/tradeable.

A good alternative to get more Expulsom however, is to have guildies send you any BOE greens they get so that you can scrap and get more expulsom!

Yea this sucks. Alchemists have no way to use expulsom. low ilvl trinkets? Not worth.

Cauldron should be trade-able. I will have tons of expulsom before they finally add npc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have a like a 30 man raid, make people bring their own flasks.

If you DO have a 30 person raid, maybe ask 3 of them to contribute to raid flasks.

Also as someone has said, you can transmute expulsom to the tune of x5 a day, that's 1 cauldron right there.

this is just meh.
    The costs are perfectly fine. You have some choices here. You can either craft a cauldron, craft individual flasks, ask everyone to provide their own or just don't care and ask them to do whatever. Cauldrons are a convenience item and there are alternatives to them. Getting Expulsom isn't a hard thing either. Trinkets give them 100% of the time and there are some craftables giving them at about ~10% chance and only cost a couple cloth.

All you did in your example is show that cauldron's have been cheap for too long. In Legion you provided 20 flasks and you could have the cauldron make 20-40 (possibly 60 if it had no cap) since essentially people could grab 1 flask, pop it and then grab another. So you were definitely saving way more than they should have been.

You could just tell people to pay for their own flasks.