Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All the elf races should join a single faction and exterminate all other races.

Even if you could make this work on the basis of Lore and gameplay... this would be terrible in terms of war for those factions. The 2 smaller factions would be weaker and have another enemy.

So as a blood elf paladin I just wouldn't play with my guild anymore?? lol.. yeh okay.. blizzard would totally do this.

If you want to split the Horde how about we split the Alliance too. Night elves and worgen and Draenai on one side and dwarves, gnomes, humans on the other.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-09-03 at 12:32 AM.

They should honestly just get rid of factions for gameplay reasons. You can still have them in the story but just let Ally and Horde group together for PVE.

It makes a lot of sense for the Horde to split, though that'll never happen due to gameplay reasons. Blizzard would also have to create an artificial rift within the Alliance and split it appart too because the whining and complaing over the Horde split would be unparalleled in the history of the franchise.

The races are stuck where they are and Blizzard is stuck with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you want to split the Horde how about we split the Alliance too. Night elves and worgen and Draenai on one side and dwarves, gnomes, humans on the other.
    That's the issue here. There's no story elements upon which the Alliance can be divided the way the Horde can. This can result in only two things; diametrically opposed races staying together in the Horde or the Alliance being split up artificially because the Horde is being split too.

I have a better idea, its mainly aimed at the players suggesting these things. Paid Faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They should honestly just get rid of factions for gameplay reasons. You can still have them in the story but just let Ally and Horde group together for PVE.
    No, I’d rather kill the Alliance instead

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It makes a lot of sense for the Horde to split, though that'll never happen due to gameplay reasons. Blizzard would also have to create an artificial rift within the Alliance and split it appart too because the whining and complaing over the Horde split would be unparalleled in the history of the franchise.

The races are stuck where they are and Blizzard is stuck with them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the issue here. There's no story elements upon which the Alliance can be divided the way the Horde can. This can result in only two things; diametrically opposed races staying together in the Horde or the Alliance being split up artificially because the Horde is being split too.
    Well yeah.. if you are going to split up guilds on one side I am not going down without alliance guilds being split up too. fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be (overly) surprised if the Horde's current schism resulted in a third faction, but not along the racial lines; that would murder any and all guilds on the Horde side that aren't created alongside racial lines (and that's almost exclusively RP guilds), it would prevent friends used to playing together (even if they are in different guilds) from doing so, etc.
    The way it could happen would be that the player's character would be given a choice to follow one leader or the other, either upon reaching a certain level, or directly at inception. It simply can't be forced upon players based on what they created before the split happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    I wouldn't be (overly) surprised if the Horde's current schism resulted in a third faction, but not along the racial lines; that would murder any and all guilds on the Horde side that aren't created alongside racial lines (and that's almost exclusively RP guilds), it would prevent friends used to playing together (even if they are in different guilds) from doing so, etc.
    The way it could happen would be that the player's character would be given a choice to follow one leader or the other, either upon reaching a certain level, or directly at inception. It simply can't be forced upon players based on what they created before the split happened.
    So.. would the Horde not have a demon hunter class? When people say "let's split the horde'.. it really just means give Alliacne High elves REEEEEE!

I am all up for it if one of the factions is called nazi horde xD

Blizzard just needs to bring better storytelling as well as more BELIEVABLE stories.

So far it is borderline impossible to actually believe or give a fck about what sylvanas or her fuckboy are saying.
    Nathanos says yes to everything so he is pretty much irrelevant and the dialogues and schemes sylvanas has are just poor and not funny.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2018-09-03 at 05:59 AM.

Faction war never gonna make sense if horde still are heroes, just deal with that. After al this years alliance hating undead also dont have sense.

Deleted
    it could happen but not factions races like taurens have nothing to do with horde trolls aswel

if The Horde split up they would be wiped out by the Alliance: https://youtu.be/qIS4X9TTcqQ?t=55s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So.. would the Horde not have a demon hunter class? When people say "let's split the horde'.. it really just means give Alliacne High elves REEEEEE!
    *sigh* Please, do show where in my post I implied any of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Never going to happen. Horde already has fewer players,

Lol, I've read the exact opposite on other threads. You people don't even know what you're talking about. It's about 50-50 or 48-52 max...

There could be some faction changes, but I don't see playable races changing unless a sequel happens. It would take some extensive lore event to explain that.

Remove the fake 2 sides force enslavement of all player characters. (perfectly do-able)
    Split the NPC faction of the horde in half. (Player characters alignment is irrelevant at this point)

Then let the 3 way wars begin. Population on each side is also irrelevant as the concept of 3 sides is to let the player balance out the conflict, all you need is an incentive for the winning 1 side to play defense, while the losing 2 sides to play offense.

Also in this set up, the "evil" horde and the "primitive" horde naturally would join force just because they are out numbered by the "alliance". This is natural on most server, not some stupid druid listening to undead queen to kill wisp or dumb ass shit assuming the player choose to stay with their OG faction.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-09-03 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    There could be some faction changes, but I don't see playable races changing unless a sequel happens. It would take some extensive lore event to explain that.
    I've recently considered that we might already have that lore event on our hands. What if Azeroth actually dies in this or the next expansion, or 'awakens', and the planet becomes uninhabitable? As a result of that we are forced to leave for a 'new' Azeroth formed for us by the Pantheon, or AU Azeroth, or whatever. Or we all die and our souls just part on to the next World, or whatever.

And they use this as an excuse to remake the world in a new engine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    if The Horde split up they would be wiped out by the Alliance: https://youtu.be/qIS4X9TTcqQ?t=55s
    In a similar vein, if the Horde were gone the Alliance would be wiped out by the next big threat. The undeniable truth from Day 1 is that if they did not help each other, neither would survive - Ahn Qiraj, the Lich King, Deathwing, the Iron Horde, the Burning Legion: all of these have required the collective might of both Horde and Alliance forces to defeat. So when extremist faction fans come saying "wipe out the Alliance/Horde" they should realise they are signing their own death warrant for whenever the next inevitable big evil emerges. It's the way WoW has always worked