Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've been playing casually and I'm 19. Only things I put heavy focus on were unlocking Mag'har Orcs and getting Champions to revered for the final ilvl bump.
    I hate to tell you this, but if you think that’s casual, my road to raiding isn’t surmountable. 3 weeks in and that’s already clear.

I’ve not played every day, but have most; my rep focus was/is on Void Elves and Lightforged so I suppose not playing last expansion has already put me way behind. I’ve done almost all the questing and stuff to see the world and unlocked the world quests. I’ve yet to do any dungeons because I wanted that out the way first.

I guess my approach is wrong, I haven’t min-maxed enough, and I should have blasted my way through to 120 in 48 hours like I did for previous expansions.

Too late now. Shame I enjoyed the story.

Deleted
    I saw this happening miles away as soon as the azerite system was explained. Blizzard has this hardon for "endless grind". It keeps people more engaged but for all the wrong reasons. I knew this would happen so i didn't buy the expansion. I'll play at the last patch for a month or two when it's on sale to see the content.

Untill Blizzard starts designing the game as an art instead of spreadsheets and statistics i'll stick to final fantasy14, which isn't perfect but it's damn well less toxic on me, my time and my patience.

Mines saying 340 for raiding. Nothing about neck level, but getting your 3 outside traits should be a must.

But yeah, welcome to Legion 2.0, at least now you can offspec where before you were either a jack of multiple specs, or an ace of one.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I saw this happening miles away as soon as the azerite system was explained. Blizzard has this hardon for "endless grind". It keeps people more engaged but for all the wrong reasons. I knew this would happen so i didn't buy the expansion. I'll play at the last patch for a month or two when it's on sale to see the content.

Untill Blizzard starts designing the game as an art instead of spreadsheets and statistics i'll stick to final fantasy14, which isn't perfect but it's damn well less toxic on me, my time and my patience.
    You mean the same FF14 that implemented a mindless mob/fate grind instance?

Sorry but FF14 has done the exact same shit Blizzard has done with AP in fact worse and the only reason Eureka is popular is because it has the carrot on the stick that is the relic weapon.

You claim it's less toxic and Eureka has been the subject of much criticism due to their handling of it. Mainly because people were expecting something brand new and instead they just threw the exact same content we've been doing for years in an instance and put what will be our most powerful weapon at the end of Stormblood behind it.

It's literally Diadem 3.0 which was criticised twice.

FF14 is a good game and I love it don't get me wrong. But claiming there aren't timesinks as bad as WoW is downright disingenuous.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    You mean the same FF14 that implemented a mindless mob/fate grind instance?

Sorry but FF14 has done the exact same shit Blizzard has done with AP in fact worse and the only reason Eureka is popular is because it has the carrot on the stick that is the relic weapon.

You claim it's less toxic and Eureka has been the subject of much criticism due to their handling of it. Mainly because people were expecting something brand new and instead they just threw the exact same content we've been doing for years in an instance and put what will be our most powerful weapon at the end of Stormblood behind it.

It's literally Diadem 3.0 which was criticised twice.

FF14 is a good game and I love it don't get me wrong. But claiming there aren't timesinks as bad as WoW is downright disingenuous.
    You're quoting a sidegame that you don't even need to do. Yeah Eureka is fundamentally shit but it is also totally optional, you don't need it for "endgame", you're not declined from guilds and groups if you don't do it and the rewards are purely cosmetic in all intents and purposes. It's basically the same as the Timeless isle farm - if you got a static group to farm it it's actually not bad, if you're solo it's a shitfest. Eureka is not the entire ffxiv, i stand by what i said.

You're quoting a sidegame that you don't even need to do. Yeah Eureka is fundamentally shit but it is also totally optional, you don't need it for "endgame", you're not declined from guilds and groups if you don't do it and the rewards are purely cosmetic in all intents and purposes. It's basically the same as the Timeless isle farm - if you got a static group to farm it it's actually not bad, if you're solo it's a shitfest. Eureka is not the entire ffxiv, i stand by what i said.
    Don't need to do?

So your BiS weapon is something you don't need? Uhm ok then I guess.

Eureka is a very poor carrot on the stick and shows that game is just as guilty of bad content as WoW is.

Rewards are cosmetic? Now you are just flat out lying. Those 370 weapons are 370 with 5 free materia slots. For a lot of players they are the current bis ones unless you do Savage or Ultimate.

The Anima weapons final stage was 375. The only other weapon that could possibly outclass it was an RNG drop from Diadem which again was another poor carrot on the stick piece of content.

Also FF14 has had it's share of unpopular/bad content before Eureka. It doesn't matter if it's optional or not. Bad content is bad content. WoW has optional content that is unpopular/bad and people focus on it. So no FF14 is not immune to the criticism if WoW isn't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spraydong View Post
    Not a single guild will recruit me now
    I sure as hell would never dream of recruiting you. Although it has nothing to do with your Azerite level.

Deleted
    Don't need to do?

So your BiS weapon is something you don't need? Uhm ok then I guess.

Eureka is a very poor carrot on the stick and shows that game is just as guilty of bad content as WoW is.

Rewards are cosmetic? Now you are just flat out lying. Those 370 weapons are 370 with 5 free materia slots.

They are NOT bis now however their final stage usually puts them on par with endgame weapons that are only obtained from doing Savage/Ultimate. And the stages always require the previous one.
    I don't know what you're talking about. The "bis" weapon comes from Omega or UwU (or whatever it is today). Those are standard raids that you don't even need to touch Eureka to do. Eureka is 100% cosmetic sidequest, if you don't do raids you don't need 400ilvl weapon or whatever the weapon is from Pagos. it gives it a nice glow i heard.

I don't know what you're talking about. The "bis" weapon comes from Omega or UwU (or whatever it is today). Those are standard raids that you don't even need to touch Eureka to do. Eureka is 100% cosmetic sidequest, if you don't do raids you don't need 400ilvl weapon or whatever the weapon is from Pagos. it gives it a nice glow i heard.
    For people who do not raid. The relic weapons are best in slot. That is the whole point of relic weapons. To offer an alternative BiS to non raiders. Ironic part is those weapons by the end of an expansion usually are BiS so even raiders go for them. Anima and Zeta are prime examples.

You are flat out lying just because you like the game more than another. At least be honest. You claim the game isn't as timegated and other stuff. Yet it has done similar things to WoW that the community on the OF and Reddit have called questionable.

The other options for a non raider are either a 370 with 2 materia slots or a 365 with 2 slots.

And you say FF14 isn't as timegated? For a non savage raider when the Normal raids come out it takes 7 weeks to get the tomestone weapon because it's 1 per boss drop per week.

Right now Sigmascape was nerfed to four as it usually is. But when Alphascape comes out in 4.4 the 380 weapon will require 7 weeks of kills on the last wing for a non savage raider.

Eureka is not side content at all. It only has players in because the relic weapon is there. Those cosmetics are minimal at best. Otherwise people wouldn't have rushed to 35 so they could get the requirements done for their relic. It's carrot on the stick content. Simple as that. The communities main issue with it is that back when they announced Eureka they said it would be something fresh to get our relics. It's the same FATE/Mob grinding we've been doing for years.

Eureka's main cosmetic was in Anemos and it was the dyeable job set. Pagos does not have an upgrade for Relic Armor so the main reason people are there is for what will eventually be their proper BiS weapon.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-03 at 02:20 PM.

Lol, i'm glad I picked one character to play and stuck with it. It's a concept many don't really understand but it used to be something big that almost everyone had to do because of the nature of the game, it was called having a main.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

My Heroic guild wants people to be around ilvl 330. Oh, and to actually show up. No other requirements.

If you want a guild that demands Heart of Azeroth levels... then you are aiming for Mythic progression. Yes, being Cutting Edge requires that you either already know the guild, or you do not miss a second of the game. Your goals do not align with your priorities. Please adjust your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Lol, i'm glad I picked one character to play and stuck with it. It's a concept many don't really understand but it used to be something big that almost everyone had to do because of the nature of the game, it was called having a main.
    Ret pally since tbc here, playing only on my main but got many alts .. but they are used only used for storage! 98% are platers so i can do the frostmourne chain q like a bazillion of times ;d

it was way, WAY, worse in the start of Legion...
    I’m 21 and 365 ilvl on neck and I’ve only done <AP> WQs, daily HC, weekly island quest (no grinding) and whatever <AZ> boat/follower missions that showed up.

If you’re 16 at this point you’re a normal/HC raider at most and that’s okay.

- - - Updated - - -

All these people defending this system, lets talk again when your class gets the shaft next week with blizzards announced balance patch

because you will not be able to reroll in BfA, ever.
    Yes you will... there’s loads of catch up mechanics and time to get things done. Maybe not 3 weeks into the expansion or RIGHT before a new raiding tier starts but that’s always the case.
    You should’ve tried finding a guild to raid with at the end of Legion, not the 3 weeks before launch when nobody can raid or see your skill level or interact with you to see if you fit the guild...
    Honestly if you applied to our guild right now you’d be benched for all progress untill we could see enough of you in heroic/normal raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Doesn't the bosses in Uldir give AP? Maybe they give so much that it make a good difference? A difference anyway since next reset you can add a raid into the weekly AP-farm, same with M+. And with the catch-up mechanics, I wouldn't have lost hope this fast.
    They don’t give anything close to the time invested.
    Mythic 5 man bosses give like 35 each + endboss 75.
    Raids? Idk like 75-100 per boss?
    Compare that to Island Expos you can clear in premades in around 7-8 minutes and get 300 <AP>
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Are you serious ? I quit FF14 because of repetitive FATES, FATES are even worse than WQ.
    I don't know about current day, but in the first xpack, dungeons were fun at the beginning, then it was always the same and there was no "mm+" difficulty or anything else. The content just became irrelevant

what makes you people think we give a shit if you play or not

Can i haz your golds?

never been an issue with orange logs across the board in legion
    So the artifact power in legion which was EXACTLY THE SAME WITH EXACTLY THE SAME CATCH UP MECHANISMS was fine, but this isn't?
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-09-03 at 03:12 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get how people can say this expansion is more alt-unfriendly than Legion.

Did some of you not play Legion at launch?

-Court of Stars and Arcway needed to be unlocked on your alts at the start, and wasn't account wide until later
    -Realistically you could only pick one spec on both your main and alt as AP was different across weapons
    -Legendary items

BFA has account wide unlocks in regards to dungeons, AP goes to a single weapon now and there aren't legendary items. The only reputation that's forced is CoA until revered for neck upgrades.

Legion was way worse for both mains and alts in regards to preparing for raids, it's not even remotely close.

I'm 21 on my neck and I only do AP WQ, mission board and the weekly island expeditions (I haven't done more than is necessary). Heroic dungeon daily when I feel like, and my mythic dungeons every week. Both of those last sources really don't amount to much AP, and anybody who does mission board, weekly island expedition and AP WQ should at least be 20 by the end of this reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Are you serious ? I quit FF14 because of repetitive FATES, FATES are even worse than WQ.
    I don't know about current day, but in the first xpack, dungeons were fun at the beginning, then it was always the same and there was no "mm+" difficulty or anything else. The content just became irrelevant
    Why would you be doing FATEs? Those are... not really useful for anything other than maybe a few optional quests that require them. Do people that get mad at ffxiv play in a really wonky and weird way or what?

Deleted
    Only thing OP's right on is that it's not alt friendly, but yeah, that's about it.

Then quit. Go play another game. Come back to wow or not, it dont really matter. Do what you want and have fun with it.