Poll: Most powerful character alive in WoW?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    She also single-handedly took out an entire siege tower before taking out said soldiers FYI
    Yeah, she's powerfull. But as I wrote before, Malfurion stopped the whole Darkshore landmass from shatterring in Cataclysm... all by himself.

That's just another level... even a few levels above what she did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, she's powerfull. But as I wrote before, Malfurion stopped the whole Darkshore landmass from shatterring in Cataclysm... all by himself.

That's just another level... even a few levels above what she did.
    Correction - it WAS a few levels above. Now, as somebody that can get thrown around like a rag doll by Sylvanas, clearly they are much closer in strength. It's in the lore and you can dislike it all you like, but that's how it is now. Characters grow in strength over time, just as they can lose it, because that's how they develop. Sure Blizzard have not done a great job of explaining why this has happened, I will most certainly agree with you there. But the state of power of characters are always truest based on their latest incarnations, and in their current incarnations Sylvanas is much more closely matched to Malfurion. It's a simple case of "Deal with it" I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Correction - it WAS a few levels above. Now, as somebody that can get thrown around like a rag doll by Sylvanas, clearly they are much closer in strength. It's in the lore and you can dislike it all you like, but that's how it is now. Characters grow in strength over time, just as they can lose it, because that's how they develop. Sure Blizzard have not done a great job of explaining why this has happened, I will most certainly agree with you there. But the state of power of characters are always truest based on their latest incarnations, and in their current incarnations Sylvanas is much more closely matched to Malfurion. It's a simple case of "Deal with it" I'm afraid.
    Of course. But still - that's a bullshit. If for example, Hogger came up and pull out Sargeras/Illidan/Azshara/Sylvanas/Anduin/Genn head and eat it - does that mean it's fine? Nope.
    Random power ups are always bad writing.

Deleted
    i think pretty much everyone so far has been underestimating Velen :P

he might not have gotten more from sargeras but space satan himself wanted the 3 eradar just below him

all 3 were extremely powerful spellcasters. yes KJ became more powerful ofc but given how kj is a demi space god himself and achieved such ridiculous feats as creating the lich king ans bsically only falls below characters like titans and old gods, saying velen isnt quite as powerful as KJ doesnt really mean much

tho the one thing against him is that he basically chokses to heal and support and moatly doesnt use other magics like arcane atm. he swapped to healer spec but imo if he had to he could be something to fear

Most obv answers tho are azshara and Malf
    Last edited by mmoc4b988bc479; 2018-09-04 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I want to belive you guy val'sharah made him look like a winged joke

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha its obviously not jaina stop kidding please
    Lifting massive flagships out of the water? Conjuring a barrage of arcane cannons at will to demolish Lordaeron's walls while levitating that ship to fly around with? Summoning a tidal wave large enough to submerge Orgrimmar? A prodigy and personal apprentice to Archmage Antonidas - founder of the Kirin Tor and pretty much one of, if not the most powerful sorcerer in Azeroth's history? I'm not kidding. Since Jaina was a hippie pacifist for most of Warcraft & WoW, she hasn't been shown in much combat til recently. When she does fight, Jaina is pretty OP as fuck.

Probably pulls more magical bullshit out her arse than Khadgar, and because she directly studied under Archmage Anto-fucking-nidas, the top of the top magi, it's not like it's explicitly impossible for her to be doing that high level anime BS (well most of it anyway. If Blizz abused this rather than just using it for rule-of-cool moments, i'd be a bit more annoyed at the writing). A lot of people probably see her as mary sue-ish, but I mean that's a completely different can of worms. When asking about the most powerful living characters, she's a pretty tough contender imo. At least until I can see more of the rest of our cast.

My top boy is still Malfurion though. The way he was described in Elegy/A Good War really drives home just how powerful he is. How every Night Elf revered him as a practical demi-god, and every Horde member feared him and his virtually god-like control over nature. Killing soldiers with so much as a wayward glance. It was awesome to read about how he would just roam throughout Ashenvale, demolishing huge swathes of soldiers as a one man war-front. He was a literal force of nature, and he has lived for thousands of years, with numerous wars under his belt as a testament to his power.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-09-03 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    A prodigy and personal apprentice to Archmage Antonidas - founder of the Kirin Tor and pretty much one of, if not the most powerful sorcerer in Azeroth's history?
    I agree with most of what you said, but this part here is absolutely wrong, the Guardians of Tirisfal have always been and will always be the strongest sorcerers.

Aegwynn crushed a major demon incursion led by an Avatar of Sargeras with the help of the Dragonflights, and her son Medivh managed, alone, what took Ner'Zhul and his horde months of heavy labor and ritual sacrifices on his own, with no known external power-amplification.

Granted, he was posessed by the shade of Sargeras at the time, but as far as i am aware, that did not empower him to any significant degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    He just summoned a wisp wall to delay them. Sylvanas is definitely on his level now because she was able to stand toe to toe with him and thrown him around. She is definitely on his level now after her power ups for BfA, and that is what they wanted you to get from the fight and definitely one of the most powerful people on either faction. Malfurion always kind of looks pretty weak when fighting people as it is in wow since cata, and seems rather helpless most of the time, so he has also been powered down from where you think he should be.
    She didn’t stand toe to toe with him since it was never one on one fight. I don’t know how people missed all the orc bodies that was littered around the fighting area. There were about 10 orc bodies and a catapult in pieces and malfurion was still winning until the axe to the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

"The next big bad that will be created to rival the big bads we eventually kill"

Quote Originally Posted by ShaniAndras252 View Post
    Sargeras literally fears the Void lords so I'm not sure about the whole destroying them forever with a single well timed fart cloud would work haha.
    I think Sargeras' "fear" of the Void Lords and Old Gods is misunderstood. He hates what they can do but he doesn't fear them, and I doubt they could hurt him. Sargeras' crusade was about wiping out all life to keep it from adding to the Void Lords' power via corruption, but on a power scale, he could stomp out most of them. His damn sword's bigger than a planet. He was the strongest of the Titans by far, and a single titan ripped out an Old God out of Azeroth like a booger. The Void Lords can spread their pestilence across the cosmos to Sargeras' chagrin, but the fact that Sargeras' Burning Legion has sacked thousands of planets for thousands of years unchecked (until recently) while Void Lords and Old Gods just play puppet masters on Azeroth (and haven't been able to conquer it, mind you) and do their little creepy whispers really puts in perspective who had the real power.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Title

Just curious who you guys think is the most powerful character alive.

Loa, Dragons, Old Gods, Titans excluded from the list. The Lich King as well.
    Dude, where is Tyrande? I would rank her above both Sylvanas and Jaina, she has a goddess behind her in addition to being a peerless archer over 10k years old. She is the toughest boss in the End times instance also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Dude, where is Tyrande? I would rank her above both Sylvanas and Jaina, she has a goddess behind her in addition to being a peerless archer over 10k years old. She is the toughest boss in the End times instance also
    She can't really use Elune's broken powers on demand. It always has to be some very high horse save the world moment for Elune to give a crap so her baseline power is not even close to Sylvanus or Jaina.
    Also I rank Dadghar over Jaina because Atiesh and getting schooled by the most powerful mage in warcraft lore. Sure Jaina gets extra magic power perks from banging Kalecgos but not enough to compete with The Pun Lord himself.

Deleted
    Let me just be honest here.
    Any one who aid, Lor'themar, and sylvanas, Dont understand Power in this game.
    I would also Add velen here, on the "shit" tier, as he is a priest and powerfull, but there are some reeal fucking powerhouses here. Thrall in his prime would not be there, but since he lost his power, his will to fight AND his weapon. he is probaly the weakest of all.

So Tier Tier 3: lor'themar, Sylvanas, Velen and thrall

This is fair bit harder to know who is strongest, As both Khadgar and Jaina are humane mages, with all the "humane potential" And we have Malfurion, who is a powerhouse with few to match him.(but probaly could be by khadgar or jaina)

Tier 2: khadgar, jaina and malfurion

We dont know how strong She used to be, but she used to be powerfull, and she have had the last thousans of years to get more powerfull with the blessing of the old gods.

Tier 1: Azshara

Azshara definitely the most powerful, followed by Khadgar and Jaina. Mages seem to be more dangerous than druids, though Malfurion has a unique kind of power that can equal Khadgar/Jaina in certain situations I guess.

Thrall and Velen are also very strong in certain situations, but the mages remain the strongest "allrounders".

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara and it's not even close. As an Elf she was already on par with the generals of the burning Legion. After becoming a Naga I can only image how much more powerful she got. Add 10000 or so years on top of that btw and I doubt she has just been sitting on her ass not getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Title

Just curious who you guys think is the most powerful character alive.

Loa, Dragons, Old Gods, Titans excluded from the list. The Lich King as well.
    Why exclude dragons and Loa but not Azhara? She's been boosted into something supernatural by N'zoth. I think that puts her in a separate category from mere mortals. Of the others, I'd lean toward Jaina or Malfurion, but they all go up and down based on plot development.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I would have said Jaina, but she was owned by a bunch of pirates, then by some witches and straw constructs.

Malfurion gets owned all the time and needs Tyrande to rescue him.

So Khadgar it is. The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but this part here is absolutely wrong, the Guardians of Tirisfal have always been and will always be the strongest sorcerers.

Aegwynn crushed a major demon incursion led by an Avatar of Sargeras with the help of the Dragonflights, and her son Medivh managed, alone, what took Ner'Zhul and his horde months of heavy labor and ritual sacrifices on his own, with no known external power-amplification.

Granted, he was posessed by the shade of Sargeras at the time, but as far as i am aware, that did not empower him to any significant degree.
    Guardians were imbued with the powers of the Council, of course they were stronger than a single individual

Sylvanas and Lorthemar don't belong on this list.

Probably Azshara. Then Jaina and Khadgar. Mages' power is out of control and isn't reflected very well in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Since Bolvar is excluded. I'll say Azshara the Naga Queen. She may have lost her Well but I believe the power boost from N'zoth the God easily makes up for it and more.

Malfurion is very powerful too according to the novel but he hasn't really been too powerful since most characters like Sylvanas and Jaina has power creeped to his level.

I'll say

Azshara > Jaina > Sylvanas > Alleria > Khadgar.
    Your sig is ridiculous lmao.

Deathwing, Yog etc would all be top tier. Top 10 at least. Also Nzoth is probably not more powerful than Argus? Unless he was greatly weakened. He was still a titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Excluding all titans but Sargeras and defeated old gods etc.

Sargeras>Nzoth >Demon Soul Deathwing>Kiljaeden/Archimonde>Azshara>Deathwing without demon soul>Lich King.