Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If only. Rip in pickles tennis the menace
    He has retreated to his temple fortress to make a blood sacrifice to Justin Trudeau so he may be empowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    He has retreated to his temple fortress to make a blood sacrifice to Justin Trudeau so he may be empowered.
    He kidnapped a bunch of fat people to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I didn't and still don't understand the supposed outrage over the NFL player protests. So instead of standing with their hand on their heart, a gesture of endearment, they take choose to take a knee, another gesture of endearment. Regardless of the cause any of those players promoted, I don't see how that action was worth nearly 1/3 of the controversy it received.
    You hit the nail on the head. It was never about "disrespecting the flag".

I don't know if Trump started that line of thinking, or just ran with it and all his idiot dupe supporters latched on ( I have not followed this particular thing very closely, I don't give AF about sports).

But either way, once trump started talking about it as some sort of anti-patriotism, all his acolytes started parroting it as well. Sad.

Pretty lame to choose a political person in place of a sports star.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That actually happened? That's rather sad.
    It didn't that was fake news, it was at half mast, then someone took it off half mast, and then he made a statement calling all federal buildings to put the flag at half mast. The "until he was forced to" is bs fake news.

Child slaves, sweatshops, sexual harassment and virtue-signalling. So progressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That actually happened? That's rather sad.
    The above poster (not you Santii ofc) is a liar and is lying.

What happened is that Trump was out of town on the weekend McCain died (last weekend), and not in the White House. When he did, flags were all lowered to half mast, including the one at the White House, by people working there.

When he returned to the White House, it was put back up to full mast per his order. Shortly after McCain's death and prior to Trump's return to DC, Trump's staff drafted a letter commemorating McCain's service and patriotism, but Trump refused to allow its release for nearly 48 hours, while the flag flew at full mast as he ordered.

As this ridiculous self-inflicted wound started to generate criticism from Republicans and even the retired military, and every other avenue of the executive branch, including Mattis and Kelly, issued their own statements commemorating McCain, Trump was at last, forced to issue a statement saying he "respected McCain's service" (basically a backhanded compliment) and finally ordered the lowering of flags to half staff, which at that point meant just the one on top of the White House.

Trump was the last one to show up for our week of national mourning essentially, and did so only because he created a political problem for himself by showing how much a small and petty man he is.

That Trump's cult defenders (see above) lie so easily about this, about a simple but meaningful honoring of a senator-war hero who passed, of all things, just underscores their utterly non-existent patriotism.

Kaepernick can exercise his First Amendment Rights by kneeling, we can exercise our First Amendment Rights by boycotting those companies he's aligned with.

Everyone gets a say.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

@Skroe

When 54% of people polled (saw that somewhere further back in the thread) think kneeling during the anthem is inappropriate, and acknowledging the significantly Right-leaning composition of the NFL's fan base, I think that Goodell and the owners have taken a pragmatic stance. Simply put: their bottom line is endangered by having this guy on their team.

My father (USMC 69-73) taught me many things. Among them was this about work: at work you obey your boss 100%, or you quit. Kaepernick should be free to protest on his own time. Not during time he's being paid for.

As for Nike, I'm sure they thought this through carefully and decided that their market was largely not part of the anti-kneeling crowd.

As for my personal view, Kaepernick is a complete and utter idiot. Under no circumstances that I can imagine would I endanger a job where I could earn millions.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    If you work at a burger joint, don't tell every single customer you are vegan and meat is murder or you are gonna get fired.

If you are a public representative of the overly patriotic National Football League...
    This never had anything to do with patriotism. An arguement could be made that choosing the national anthem time to do this was a poor choice, because it could be misconstrued like it ended up being by trump and his moronic followers.

They stated it was about police brutality, and that is what it was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    just another reason to choose reebok
    I haven't liked Nike since they tripped over themselves to give Michael Vick a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The MAGATs are sure to love this....
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Good on Nike. Kaepernick isn't wrong. My brother is a Public Accuntability Prosecutor (District Attorney that investigates and prosecutes corruption by public officials of all types, including but not limited to cops) in New York City, and you wouldn't believe the rank criminality, abuse, incompetence, and corruption that goes on among police officers. As he put it, Police Officers are entrusted with such a significant responsibility that they should be held to the very highest standards of accountability, and not "gone easy on", ever.

It's shocking that anybody would ever want to hold a public official to anything less than a very high bar. Oh wait... *looks at the executive branch*

Cue the cries #BoycottNike from Emperor Trump, Inquisitor Hannity and the rest of the MAGATs.

Just a reminder though to all us decent people, their patriotism is a great fraud. They don't know the meaning of the word.
    You're an utter clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    @Skroe

When 54% of people polled (saw that somewhere further back in the thread) think kneeling during the anthem is inappropriate, and acknowledging the significantly Right-leaning composition of the NFL's fan base, I think that Goodell and the owners have taken a pragmatic stance. Simply put: their bottom line is endangered by having this guy on their team.

My father (USMC 69-73) taught me many things. Among them was this about work: at work you obey your boss 100%, or you quit. Kaepernick should be free to protest on his own time. Not during time he's being paid for.

As for Nike, I'm sure they thought this through carefully and decided that their market was largely not part of the anti-kneeling crowd.

As for my personal view, Kaepernick is a complete and utter idiot. Under no circumstances that I can imagine would I endanger a job where I could earn millions.
    Your father taught you a bad lesson.

Workplaces are not the military. Bosses are not infallible people with tons of experience. All too often, the worst, most inexperienced people are chosen to lead. Our current president being a prime example. Frankly, your father's statement is absurd for non-military life. ( I'm not attacking your father here, just the statement.) This makes sense in the military, lives are on the line, and the leaders tend to be people with experience, promoted from within. Joe fucker, who is running the costco foodcourt, and has no idea what he is doing? Expecting people to follow him blindly, or throw away a decade plus career with great pay and benefits, is rediculous.

So people living paycheck to paycheck should follow and listen to awful people 100%, or quit and be homeless? Great lesson.

I respect all people who serve honorably in the military, they are great. That does not mean every lesson learned there translates to your typical job.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2018-09-04 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    @Skroe

I don't give a shit about Colin Kaepernick.

I give a shit about the MAGAT's response to Kaepernick.

You're arguing an irrelevancy to me. He has done thing thing, which spurred others to do it. That has already come and gone. There is no putting that back in the bottle.

What is at issue here is the MAGAT's response Kaepernick and what he inspired, including Trumps, and what this Nike campaign is sure to engender. As it already has here, with people, ridiculously, saying "welp no more Nike's for me".

Donald Trump's cult of knuckledragging cavemen never miss an opportunity to display their utter lack of respect for American values and fundamental patriotism, by reacting to someone like Kaepernick's exercise of his rights as an American in a way they disprove of.

Witness @Orlong's response. Orlong is politically more fit to Franco's Spain, or Fascist Italy, than he is the United States of America. His post is a masterpiece is political extremist absurdity. And all it took was Kaepernick doing something he disapproved of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Kaepernick can exercise his First Amendment Rights by kneeling, we can exercise our First Amendment Rights by boycotting those companies he's aligned with.

Everyone gets a say.
    Have a blast partner. Be sure to put your video of you burning your Nike's on youtube so I can upvote it.

He should have handed the ball to Gore. What the fuck were they thinking?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    *fat people who are unmarried

Otherwise it's not a worthy enough sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    He kidnapped a bunch of fat people to do it
    They produce enough blood especially, for Trudeau's soul is a bottomless pit of hunger.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    welp, guess whos not buying nike anymore, reebok here I come!
    Not exactly going to hurt their bottom line since people like you aren't buying Nike to begin with, it's why boycotts usually fail you can't punish a company you aren't buying anyways.

\

Reminder: Donald Trump has no Patriotism. He uses it as a slogan and as political catnip for his paranoid, uneducated and racist base of hicks and rubes who also have no patriotism to speak of. Whose fundamental beliefs would be deeply offensive to the founders of this great nation. They are the anathema of true American values.

If we must point to one thing, the above picture illustrates why they never get to whine about Football players kneeing every again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Everyone gets a say.
    Keep on just thinking what trump tells you to think. This was never about some sort of anti-patriotism, to anyone paying the least bit of objective attention. And if you think police brutality against blacks is not a problem (what this was always about) than you need to read some other news than breitbart for a change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Patriotism
    As we all know, the height of patriotism is sending Americans to die in some desert for.... "reasons".

There is no better way to honor America than with fresh blood sacrifice of random Middle Easterners or giving gobs of money to Israel to do it for us.