Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let me guess. This thread wont be changing any minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    They removed early flying on wod if I recall correctly which was the first major failure expansion, despite that flying wasn't so neccesary on wod because you didn't interact much with the world, there was no content to do and the geography of the areas was better too. I dare to say that legion would have been one of the best expansions if they introduced early flying again and bfa would have been much better too. Legion's geography was one of the worst, I'm doing some quests now and I can't believe how shitty it was, the collusion is breaking my nerves, you hit a wall or a cliff all the time and you don't know where to go, it's not really fun gameplay...It would have been much cooler if you could use your own spaceship on argus to navigate around. Bfa's geography is much better than legion's one, the areas are flatter especially the horde ones but still flying would have made world questing and pvp more attractive, right now it's shit.

Flying has an amazing synergy with world quests and world pvp and make exploring more fun, it's beyond me why would they remove it especially when they aren't capable to create decent areas who are easy and enjoyable to navigate. Vanilla areas were FAR better, they were huge and you rarely hit a wall or didn't know what road leads where you want to go.
    Well said.

The beatings will continue as well as lost revenue until the diablo B team gets the message.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The entire point of Pathfinder is that completing the achievement means you experienced EVERYTHING. You explored everywhere, every area of the entire expansion. You got revered with every faction. You completed every questline. You finished weeks of world quests on the ground.

So, what is the justification for waiting until 8.1?
    No, dude, I won't start this discussion 1000th time. There are people that prefer flying and ones that thinks it takes away immersion and is just cheat mode. They said they arguments (lot of valid ones on both sides) over and over and over and over again. Now we have COMPROMISE for both sides. So don't be a child that want his toy NOW.

And if Pathfinder would be awarded for experiencing EVERYTHING on the ground, bitching would never stop.

Rather than resorting to insults, have you considered addressing my argument?

Also, if you don't want to join the discussion, perhaps you should just stop posting in the thread.

Pathfinder was a cynical game design decision implemented purely to artificially stretch out the content and inflate the time played metrics. Talk of it being a compromise between flying and no flying, or "we wanted people to explore the world" is just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Let me guess. This thread wont be changing any minds.
    But it will never hit 600 pages. People just don't care the way they did with WoD.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Without a second hearthstone the cracks in BFA are going to show up a lot sooner.

But beta testers talked about this extensively while Blizzard WoW employees were busy uploading overwatch videos.

There is no such thing as exploration with flying. You just sit on your mount and go there. TBH flying should be purged from the game completely, i bet they regret making that mistake in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    But it will never hit 600 pages. People just don't care the way they did with WoD.
    Actually two of them did and we can work on a third as well.

Deleted
    I don't think I could've done Conqueror of Azeroth if everyone had flying

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think you know what desperately means
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Give one good reason why flight is necessary.
    Let's take this a step further. Give one good reason why ground mounts are necessary.

Give me one good reason why transmogrify is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually two of them did and we can work on a third as well.
    Wouldn't serve any purpose. Even after 1200 pages and hundreds of threads, Blizz never changed their stance. We might as well resign ourselves to a similar reaction. Besides, if you are unsubbed, you aren't flying anyway, so no big loss.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Pathfinder was a cynical game design decision implemented purely to artificially stretch out the content and inflate the time played metrics. Talk of it being a compromise between flying and no flying, or "we wanted people to explore the world" is just bullshit.
    Do you deny that we have people on both sides that like and don't like flying? As I said, we had loong threads on this topic both for 6.0 and 7.0 and discussion was always heated. So how enabling flying midway (or rather 25% in Legion case) through expansion is not a compromise?

Wouldn't serve any purpose. Even after 1200 pages and hundreds of threads, Blizz never changed their stance. We might as well resign ourselves to a similar reaction.
    It certainly won't change anything, but people like to vent!

Wouldn't serve any purpose. Even after 1200 pages and hundreds of threads, Blizz never changed their stance. We might as well resign ourselves to a similar reaction. Besides, if you are unsubbed, you aren't flying anyway, so no big loss.
    Blizzard did change their stance.

They said no flying forever and then they back tracked.

But you are a young grasshopper that lacks knowledge but I am always willing to educate you for free on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It certainly won't change anything, but people like to vent!
    Vent... or bitch? Cause folks tend to intertwine the terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Do you deny that we have people on both sides that like and don't like flying? As I said, we had loong threads on this topic both for 6.0 and 7.0 and discussion was always heated. So how enabling flying midway (or rather 25% in Legion case) through expansion is not a compromise?
    That isn't a compromise because Blizzard had their ego hurt.

But time to make it more painful for them as player activity continues to nose dive.

- - - Updated - - -

Vent... or bitch? Cause folks tend to intertwine the terms.
    Why are you nerd raging so hard that adults can actually discuss a topic at hand peacefully? Maybe the internet is not for you or you can ignore threads you don't like to participate in?

They should enable flying day one for those who want it. Rest can keep traveling on the foot if they wish.