Page 1 of 2
LastLast

when blizzard will stop recycle skeletons ?

i believe i get tired of seeing same skeleton since Mop , in very old days each expansion bring bring new skeletons but they stopped doing that and it feels really cheap to recycle them for blizzard company who get bil of dollars each year . also i found post which share my point of view ( Every new race and creature I've seen in the game since MoP aside from playable races have been recycled from previous expansions. Legion is almost nothing but recycled assets.)

Why does Blizzard cut so many corners when making new expansions? ) tbh i feel its pretty accurate and i understand some would say to make things faster but again this is blizzard not just random indie company who open last week , like say for example felbat is hozen animation etc

i would understand it if they make it in bless online or other mmo's but in wow ? but its not acceptable when people pay for box , expansion and sub fee

what do you guys think ?

PS: sorry english not my main language

Why redesign the wheel? If there's a frame for an animation that they can save time by reusing and still get the look of the creature they're trying to create, what's the point in remaking it from the bottom up?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never? Why would they?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omarxz11 View Post
    i believe i get tired of seeing same skeleton since Mop , in very old days each expansion bring bring new skeletons but they stopped doing that and it feels really cheap to recycle them for blizzard company who get bil of dollars each year . also i found post which share my point of view ( Every new race and creature I've seen in the game since MoP aside from playable races have been recycled from previous expansions. Legion is almost nothing but recycled assets.)

Why does Blizzard cut so many corners when making new expansions? ) tbh i feel its pretty accurate and i understand some would say to make things faster but again this is blizzard not just random indie company who open last week , like say for example felbat is hozen animation etc

i would understand it if they make it in bless online or other mmo's but in wow ? but its not acceptable when people pay for box , expansion and sub fee

what do you guys think ?

I feel like you don't quite realize how much goes into creating new textures and environments, let alone creating a new skeleton for races. All of it adds up and it is A LOT. People want content as soon as possible, along with having new everything, and massive amounts of content. You have to cut corners where you can to deliver in a timely matter with a relatively polished product. Watch some videos on environment/level design and character design, its pretty eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Never? Why would they?
    Because they aren't a small indie dev?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgekidxxx View Post
    I feel like you don't quite realize how much goes into creating new textures and environments, let alone creating a new skeleton for races. All of it adds up and it is A LOT. People want content as soon as possible, along with having new everything, and massive amounts of content. You have to cut corners where you can to deliver in a timely matter with a relatively polished product. Watch some videos on environment/level design and character design, its pretty eye opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Why redesign the wheel? If there's a frame for an animation that they can save time by reusing and still get the look of the creature they're trying to create, what's the point in remaking it from the bottom up?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Never? Why would they?
    If it was ever unclear, these are the people responsible OP

It's common in quite a lot of games like this to reuse assets.

Blizzard aren't the first ones to do it and they won't be the last.

FF14 uses the same model for Primal mounts just with a different palette, most store mounts use the structure of existing ones such as Sleipnir and Bennu for example.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Their resources also aren't infinite.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moaning about the skeleton is pretty lame, IMO, it's just a base skeleton, they re do all the textures and make the the new model, I don't see why you feel you have to see a different skeleton for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I'd say anyone who still pays a sub is 'responsible' for supporting these practices so I hope you quit the game a long time ago if you have an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Yeah because no other game has ever done this to save development time right?

And if it was really an issue you would have quit in Vanilla over something as asinine as this.

It's kinda hard to understand to what you're saying exactly.

And this is how you expand your business: by using your resources sparingly and in a smart way.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And? If they can make such Varied models using the same skeleton why would they stop reusing skeletons? It would be nothing but a waste of time with no added benefit.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-09-04 at 07:30 PM.

No sense in changing something that already works.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by omarxz11 View Post

what do you guys think ?

I do not know how familiar you are with the modelling and animation but it not that simple.

With each skeleton comes with the associated mesh, which needs to made. Then there are all the animations that needs to made for the skeleton.

And there are also the validation for the attachment bones for items such weapons and armors etc. So it does takes some effort and time to do.

Besides, they can quite imaginative with reusing existing assets. The new crones in Druskvar are using the skeleton from Gul dan and it does look good for the witches there.

Animating a new skeleton from scratch is a hell of a lot of work. It is the single most time intensive modelling thing there is.
    So No, they will never stop recyling skeletons whenever they can. Doing otherwise would be stupid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Reusing old work, especially when it comes to big things like model skeletons, is an essential part of designing and developing for games or any digital medium. You would not believe how much work and time needs to go into completly new things, especially when it comes to approval routines and getting people to agree on model structure.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Never, hopefully. Because all that would mean is less new models. There is no benefit to not reusing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if they lived in a time bubble where they could have infinite resources sure but since we live in reality and not a bubble, no.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi