Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

G'huun complaints incoming

Fight is quite unforgiving, even on normal mode. I see a lot of complaining in the future over it, for the groups that manage to squeak by MOTHER and Mythrax. I suppose after xavius I was expecting a bit more of an easy road, but they cranked that difficulty dial quite a bit higher for an intro raid.

Deleted
    LFR is there for a reason

so wait, u was expecting to end the raid on day 1?

5+ Year Old Account
    My group downed Zul tonight before we quit. Even Zul was challenging, which like you said after EN and Highmaul (I don't remember the state of normal mode in MoP) was really refreshing. I'm enjoying it so far.

Based on what? Asmongolds PuG raid managed to kill ghuun, despite people like Asmon doing like 7K dps (EG, what people did on Argus back in prepatch). They also handily survived having multiple waves of tentacles up and just relying on the stun to kill everything up, rather than even attempting to keep up with the dps check.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did kill it, just found the difficulty ramp quite surprising given how easily most of the other bosses fell over. Definitely not linear progression, you have your joke bosses like taloc and devourer, slightly more difficult ones like herald and mythrax, then g'huun is a massive ramp up in coordination. They removed the orb dunking which makes doing the ramps more challenging, and the burn phase is quite taxing to heal through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Based on what? Asmongolds PuG raid managed to kill ghuun, despite people like Asmon doing like 7K dps (EG, what people did on Argus back in prepatch). They also handily survived having multiple waves of tentacles up and just relying on the stun to kill everything up, rather than even attempting to keep up with the dps check.
    It's the fact that your raid needs a minimum number of people that are able to throw orbs to beat the encounter and a lot of pugs will just fail at this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so wait, u was expecting to end the raid on day 1?
    Just wait for the excuse of "its just normal" to come flowing in. People expect LFR and normal to be a cakewalk. When its not, they say its too hard. When it is easier they bitch that it was too easy. I guess the TL;DR of it is people bitch about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just wait for the excuse of "its just normal" to come flowing in. People expect LFR and normal to be a cakewalk. When its not, they say its too hard. When it is easier they bitch that it was too easy. I guess the TL;DR of it is people bitch about everything.
    I want to remind you that Normal mode is intended to be tuned for Friends and Family guilds, where you are expected to progress, but also expected to not have to bench your friends or family. They tried making LFR be for F&F guilds in MoP and it did not work. Tuning up Normal a tad at the start of WoD also failed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Normal is a cakewalk.

My bad guild killed normal G'huun in 4 pulls I don't think it's that bad. Heroic looks awful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    It's the fact that your raid needs a minimum number of people that are able to throw orbs to beat the encounter and a lot of pugs will just fail at this.
    It's not really much different from needing someone to go into pods on high command, or someone to kill the ironstar-adds on garrosh, or go into the nether realm on archimonde, or kite siege engines on blackhand - personal responsibility has always been a thing, even on normal. The encounter is still very forgiving considering the guilds killing it on normal atm is ~340-345 average ilvl, and pugs can do it. Just like all normal modes before it. No, you're not going to strugglefuck your way through 10 people being dead going into P3, but that's because people are actually doing it at the intended gear levels right now, rather than 355-360 which is when you'll start seeing groups be able to do that.

You only actually need to do the reorigination blast twice on normal, so you can take forever to get them done in p2 and still be absolutely fine.

The debuff that makes you unable to handle orbs doesn't go on you until you put the orb in the slot so it's actually extremely easy for a pair of people to slowly get done, passing the orb to each other back and forth up the path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I want to remind you that Normal mode is intended to be tuned for Friends and Family guilds, where you are expected to progress, but also expected to not have to bench your friends or family. They tried making LFR be for F&F guilds in MoP and it did not work. Tuning up Normal a tad at the start of WoD also failed.

wasn't "Flex" the original friends and family difficulty for that odd tier where we had 5 difficultys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    wasn't "Flex" the original friends and family difficulty for that odd tier where we had 5 difficultys?
    Flex was the current normal.

That tier had lfr - flex - normal - heroic.

They renamed them in warlords to: lfr - normal - heroic - mythic, and made heroic flexible (It wasn't in siege when flex was introduced).

At the time they did say flex was intended for friends and family to have a "drunk night of raiding" essentially. It became the current normal so that description still applies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    We never had 5. Flex was introduced with Soo, and then renamed in the prepatch to Normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Fight is quite unforgiving, even on normal mode. I see a lot of complaining in the future over it, for the groups that manage to squeak by MOTHER and Mythrax. I suppose after xavius I was expecting a bit more of an easy road, but they cranked that difficulty dial quite a bit higher for an intro raid.
    Good. It is needed to be unforgiving. If you make mistakes, you'll have to pay. If you are unable to take it down by first week - which I am always hoping that people can't - then you need to get better gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day it took 74 days before the final boss of the first raid was defeated.

(Ready for the battering I'll receive from making this comment, inbox explosion imminent! )
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I actually agree with OP.

Normal-mode is in fact content designed for pugs (with no voice-chat) and so far all Raids since SOO flex have been fairly easy content. It does not make sense to make things suddenly a lot harder... especially since Blizzard didn't say that they're gonna change the raid System. I am fairly sure we're gonna see nerfs very soon.

Ofc no one is asking for normal to be braindead as LFR... but it also shouldn't be as hard as heroic where you do Need proper coordination and ideally a voice chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Good. It is needed to be unforgiving. If you make mistakes, you'll have to pay. If you are unable to take it down by first week - which I am always hoping that people can't - then you need to get better gear.
    thats no how it will end though

it will end with people ignoring normal and either unsubbing or mindlessly farming warfront rares for lucky tf proc of gear.

regardless - imo G'huun is just ery badly designed encounter - and it has nothing to do with how people want raid to be easy or hard . this is just case of bad design .