Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, you mean compared to the retail fanboys who go into a forum about a product they don't like just to try to claim it's shit and pretend they objectively know better ?
    I know which side looks dumber here.
    Not sure, never seen anyone do that.
    1). I’ve never said I dont like classic. Matter of fact, I stated I would probably try it out, though I doubt I will ever hit level cap between being playing retail, work, and other hobbies.
    2). I’ve never seen anyone bash classic, although I have seen many posts from people stating it’s not as good as people remember, pointing out why private servers are close to original but not exact, and defending retail from people who no longer play but act like they know exactly how retail is.
    There has been more bashing about a product by classic supporters to retail than vice Versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not sure, never seen anyone do that.
    Sure you didn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If you don't find Classic fun, don't play it. Easy, I know.

People need to get it into their thick skull : it's not because you don't like it that others don't either.
    (hint : it's not "waiting" that is fun, it's the dynamic that involvement in a common venture brings to the environment of the game)
    I am sorry but this sounds like the whining of a person who have not played it. and if you have. i admire your delusion "it's the dynamic that involvement in a common venture"
    There was no common venture. It was 3 people waiting at the dungeon, 1 person in the IF and then looking for the last. Then when you found the last, the Guy in the City would start to head to the dungoen while the last guy started to head there on his own..

it was not a damn anime where all 5 mighty champions Started at the front gate and slowly walked away from the flight point to the Epic dungeon.
    it was a waiting game. I liked the diffeculti, and that dungeons where slow ones you where inside of them. But the slowness of getting to them, and finding people was not "dynamic involment in a common venture"

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am sorry but this sounds like the whining of a person who have not played it.
    Funny, that's exactly what your post made me think.

Seems you can't take your own advice and get it through your thick skull and are unable to grasp that people can have different tastes than yourself. Can't you now go back to the WoW where groups are formed by clicking on a button and being teleported into the instance ? I'm sure you'll feel much better there.

why would you make a pointless thread is the real question here

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Isn't it true even now? Want AoE, use AoE talents, want ST, use ST talents.
    No its not. Many more active talents, far less "+5% crit 1/2/3/4/5" crap. Understand, i LOVED the old trees and have been all for them bringing something similar back, but it just isnt true that the old system added any depth or true customization beyond what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No its not. Many more active talents, far less "+5% crit 1/2/3/4/5" crap. Understand, i LOVED the old trees and have been all for them bringing something similar back, but it just isnt true that the old system added any depth or true customization beyond what we have now.
    There are more active talents because they are cutting out baseline abilities and reintroduce them as talents. Also, I'm not saying that old system was good, but at least it felt better to receive something new every level.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There are more active talents because they are cutting out baseline abilities and reintroduce them as talents. Also, I'm not saying that old system was good, but at least it felt better to receive something new every level.
    I cannot think of a single class that has a more complicated or involved baseline rotation in Vanilla vs now. Some are still VERY simple, and im not a fan of that, but the idea that having 35 buttons on your bars makes a class more in depth or complicated, when you only use 3 of them, is a little disingenuous to me. I 100% agree that getting to spend talent points was the second best part of dinging, vs maybe equipping that awesome item you have been waiting to use!

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am sorry but this sounds like the whining of a person who have not played it. and if you have. i admire your delusion "it's the dynamic that involvement in a common venture"
    There was no common venture. it was a waiting game. the slowness of getting to them, and finding people was not "dynamic involment in a common venture"
    That is actually precisely how I remember it as well. Sure, you waited for people, but that time was spent chatting and maybe going for a quick bio break. When the stragglers reached the dungeon, the rest of the group helped them get to the instance portal, stuff like that.

It was absolutely a common venture. Maybe not so much nowadays on private servers, but back then it was.

I don't really understand how people can still not grasp the concept that everyone likes different things. Yes, vanilla was a nightmare, but people play harder, grindier games like Wurm. Some people enjoy that sort of thing. Why does this even need to be asked?

That's like hearing that someone likes a food you don't and you can't understand how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I don't really understand how people can still not grasp the concept that everyone likes different things. Yes, vanilla was a nightmare, but people play harder, grindier games like Wurm. Some people enjoy that sort of thing. Why does this even need to be asked?

That's like hearing that someone likes a food you don't and you can't understand how that works.
    Completely agree. Retail is a nightmare, but some people enjoy it, I don't mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenchi View Post
    Because in vanilla i had more buttons to click than now xD
    IDK; I spammed HT4 and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Because vanilla doesnt have all of this;

LFR
    LFG
    Heirlooms
    CRZ
    Sharding
    Phasing
    Group-Finder
    Pruning
    Pathfinder
    Scaling
    Gear being thrown at me from every direction
    Azerite/Azerite Armor and AP
    Mission tables
    WQ emissaries
    LvL Boost, which is a byproduct of lvling normally being so bad
    live Talent system
    live PvP gear system
    Multiple difficulties, specifically ones easier than normal (and the fact that normal today in raiding is easier than normal pre cata which is HC today, like wtf??)
    Catch up mechanics
    Vanilla doesn't have phasing because the land never changes and grows with your questing. It doesn't have scaling because three expansions of stuff hasn't been added. And as for difficulties, if we kept the vanilla/BC model of raiding it would be dead as a doornail cause Blizz wouldn't be making raids anymore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Vanilla doesn't have phasing because the land never changes and grows with your questing. It doesn't have scaling because three expansions of stuff hasn't been added. And as for difficulties, if we kept the vanilla/BC model of raiding it would be dead as a doornail cause Blizz wouldn't be making raids anymore.
    The wrath model was good.
    Andd yea u just said what i already said. I already know vanilla doesnt have phasing or scaling. Good riddance imo

Assuming a shared subscription it would be quite a waste not to. Though with the sheer amount of grinding required to do anything in vanilla I doubt they would have the time to play both. You're going to be working WoW like a 9-5 job just to be prepared for raiding.

I'm thinking leveling an alt on the side in vanilla 1-60, but raiding in both games? Not likely.

Because some of us remember what it was actually like to play wow before there was a dungeon finder, 15 min hearthstones and when there was a hybrid tax on all these bullshit cucklord specializations like retribution paladins that kept them from being any good and in the dumpster where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    Because some of us remember what it was actually like to play wow before there was a dungeon finder, 15 min hearthstones and when there was a hybrid tax on all these bullshit cucklord specializations like retribution paladins that kept them from being any good and in the dumpster where they belong.
    Oh, special snowflake syndrome? If you like classic play it, do not shit on current, you look stupid..

Изпратено от моят VTR-L09 с помощта на Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Stop obsessing over what Johnny fuckstick is doing and worry about what you find fun
    Maybe you should take your own unsolicited advice.

Scaling wasn't a good idea anyway.

Deleted
    Numbers talk, retards like you don't.

15 mill to 5 mil in what? A few years? Think that says everything tbhh