Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Ok first of, i am well aware what firing somebody from the job means and i am the last one who calls for the most cruel punishment when somebody makes a mistake.

But in this case, if i was Mike Morhaine and the person responsible wasn't Ion himself, i'd give him the boot. Why? Because i would NOT accept that anyone kicks my playerbase in the nuts like that. Stealing away such an important item because of your own screwup and causing the seen riot was the WORST POSSIBLE way to deal this situation. It's just nuts. For me that shows a huge degree of ignorance and arrogance i would not tolerate.

It was just handled like "uhm yeah, we made mistake, you got something you were not supposed to, we just take it away from. No It's not converted or just kept as it is, because you don't deserve it, it's against the rules, no extra piece of loot for you bluhbluh deal with it!" One day later, obviously, players got their freakin hammer back. I meam seriously, what fuckin else???

I'd call that guy in my office and tell him: Dude, you are aware of the player base giving us shit at the moment for azerite armor, allied racies grind etc. and BFA is not as well perceived as we wanted it to be. You are aware we just had this Mythic cache issue we had to rollback. And now you make SUCH a decision and create us another huge reputation problem? i expect more from my employees!

I see this problem constantly in my job as well. People in management and decision making positions think only as far as their nose tip, cannot calculate even short term effects of their decisions and when shit comes up consequently its like "Oooopssiii, didn't see THAT coming...". Consequences for them: None.

Not if i was in charge, for sure.
    Yeah, let's take away a person's livelyhood because you're upset about a video game.

That seems rational and not at all a completely disproportional response made by an emotional man-child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    I do think the sudden hotfix of it was a little daft. Also, as others have said, why bother with Mog only weapons anymore? It's not Legion, we're not stuck with our artifact weapons, just have the boss drop it as a normal weapon and boom...it's suddenly a transmog item when you get it...
    I think it's to keep some classes from having more chances at getting a weapon than others.

People were outraged when they thought it was the Hammer of the Corrupted that got changed because then we only had 1 2h drop from raid. So it should go the other way too.

Or you'd end up with the transmog weapons being insanely common and then we also lose the chance at getting something special.
    Edit: Apparently it's also so classes that don't use strength have a shot at the appearance, without making a weapon functional for multiple classes.
    Last edited by Protean; 2018-09-08 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Wildstar is great game. What your point?
    It's that good, its shutting down

Edit; I'd rather the team removed snowflakes than being fired for something they can hotfix

Deleted
    Ok first of, i am well aware what firing somebody from the job means and i am the last one who calls for the most cruel punishment when somebody makes a mistake.

But in this case, if i was Mike Morhaine and the person responsible wasn't Ion himself, i'd give him the boot. Why? Because i would NOT accept that anyone kicks my playerbase in the nuts like that. Stealing away such an important item because of your own screwup and causing the seen riot was the WORST POSSIBLE way to deal this situation. It's just nuts. For me that shows a huge degree of ignorance and arrogance i would not tolerate.

It was just handled like "uhm yeah, we made mistake, you got something you were not supposed to, we just take it away from. No It's not converted or just kept as it is, because you don't deserve it, it's against the rules, no extra piece of loot for you bluhbluh deal with it!" One day later, obviously, players got their freakin hammer back. I meam seriously, what fuckin else???

I'd call that guy in my office and tell him: Dude, you are aware of the player base giving us shit at the moment for azerite armor, allied racies grind etc. and BFA is not as well perceived as we wanted it to be. You are aware we just had this Mythic cache issue we had to rollback. And now you make SUCH a decision and create us another huge reputation problem? i expect more from my employees!

I see this problem constantly in my job as well. People in management and decision making positions think only as far as their nose tip, cannot calculate even short term effects of their decisions and when shit comes up consequently its like "Oooopssiii, didn't see THAT coming...". Consequences for them: None.

Not if i was in charge, for sure.
    No, just no. You like many others are blowing this issue way out of proportion and there is no way this fake world bunch of pixels being denied to a small portion of the player base should have ANY repercussions in the real world what-so-ever beyond a review of Blizzards operating processes.

Honestly whats next? Rogue nerfs reverted, sack them and their entire department; Vendor prices halved from 2c to 1c, burn their house down; Crap armour design, kill them and any living relatives?

P.s. If you WERE in charge, not only would you be an incredibly awful boss, but the player-base would STILL hate the decisions you make.

Well it was hotfixed, hotfixed away from players. One day later the hotfix was hotfixed and the inital state restored. After the damage caused got visible. I am so brutal because i want no brainless, ignorant decisions to cause such damage. Be cause this damage means damage for my business. And (too much) damage for the business causes damage for the people working in that business. Sometimes you gotta be brutal to protect many from a few.
    If you think someone should lose their job and have their life and potentially the lives of their family members affected because of some item you had in a game, you're an asshole. I wonder if you were responsible for something like this if you'd even hope for people to be forgiving or would you get fired without saying anything in your defense.

What a dick.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Dude, you are aware of the player base giving us shit at the moment for azerite armor, allied racies grind etc. and BFA is not as well perceived as we wanted it to be. .
    this is pure speculation from your own perspective. now i enjoy the game not as good as legion but still good.
    and grind is a thing since vanilla, people who don't see this are blind.

make him grind argus, tortollan honorbound rep, but only allow him to use one character.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Deleted
    OP is an idiot.

not sure in what kind of a deluded world you have to grow up if you think this is worthy of firing someone.
    People should get a job first, or at least get out of their moms basement before they demand bullshit like this.

I hope you lose your job the next time you mess up my order @ burger king.

Remember - bun, salad, patty, sauce,cheese, jalapeño, bun... in that order, or I'll get you fired you piece of dung.

You obviously do not... you are pathetic.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-09-08 at 10:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm mostly mad about m+

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously it isn't

- - - Updated - - -

I would be. It wasn't, People that dropped this hammer after ilvl nerf should get also real weapon.
    Nah, the world doesn't work that way. This game is entertainment. People aren't going to get fired for a bug or miscommunication in game design that doesn't have a long term impact on the game.

People were given the original hammer back almost 2 days ago.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If it were up to me, the person or persons who nerfed the hammer wouldn't be fired (Unless they already have a substantial history of causing PR screwups or other problems), but I would call them into my office and give them a lecture they wouldn't soon forget, making a lot of points similar to what the OP made.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    OK, calm down snowflake.
    How they snowflakes for complaining about a legit bad idea. At least put the weapon on a boss that doesn't have the exact same one or on one who doesn't drop any. Make it a bonus reward like the artifacts skins from bosses. There were 100 ways to deal with this that would've been better but blizzard gonna blizzard.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You're entire post shows exactly why you wouldn't be in charge, ever. Calm down and relax. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean that they need to go all hardcore and axing people left and right. It's life things will come up / out that you, myself, everyone won't like. Do we need to start readying the pitchforks at every occasion? No.
    Pretty much this right here. People need to grow up and learn that life isn't always going to be the special happy experience they want it to be.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much this right here. People need to grow up and learn that life isn't always going to be the special happy experience they want it to be.
    Well it is if you are a billionaire with an endless supply of coke.

mfw someone calls for the job of a programmer who has to go through millions of line of code to implement something and they think its going to go smooth 100% of the time.

You probably also ask cashiers to be fired because they forgot to put ranch with your tendies.
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-09-08 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-08 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    --- snip ---
    To be fair those women are just batshit crazy because no man or woman will ever want to touch them.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-08 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    It's that good, its shutting down
    How many people listen classic music today and how many people listen Biber, Beyonce and other trash?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    Erm you do know Wildstar announced it was shutting down recently right?
    Yes I do. What the point? Game since its announce was positioned as hard and casual not friendly. But stupid casuals still come get their asses swooped and then started to whine about how bad this game. Wildstar is failed not because it was bad game but because all hate stupid cunts made for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    How many people listen classic music today and how many people listen Biber, Beyonce and other trash?

Yes I do. What the point? Game since its announce was positioned as hard and casual not friendly. But stupid casuals still come get their asses swooped and then started to whine about how bad this game. Wildstar is failed not because it was bad game but because all hate stupid cunts made for it.
    No games don't get shut down because of hate, they get shut down because no cunt plays the game... WoW would have been gone after WOTLK if the game went on hate

I meam seriously, what fuckin else???
    Hello, it's your friendly neighbourhood bot informing you that you made a mistake in your post. Please take your own advice and remove yourself from what you are associated with (in this instance, this forum and WoW in general).

Thank you, have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    No games don't get shut down because of hate, they get shut down because no cunt plays the game... WoW would have been gone after WOTLK if the game went on hate
    Nope. Perfect example is Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines. Game is great and got cult status among RPG games. But its sold poorly and Troika Games are dead long ago. Now look at Dragon Age 2 and 3. Games are shit but crowd eat it.

Wildstar was great game that was flamed by butthurt casuals who couldn't dealt with fact that game wasn't made for them.
    Last edited by Gothic Knight; 2018-09-08 at 10:58 PM.