Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Try making a bard class. Try making up abilities. Make an actua largument before you say "but your arguments arent very strong, therefore a bard is the way to go!"
    I already made a simple suggestion of what it could do.

And "it doesn't belong" IS a weak argument. It doesn't explain anything. It's just a random 1-sided opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for DnD, Bard is an untenable class. It exists for roleplay purposes and I am sorry to say that WoW is not a pure rp game. Suggest trying There or Second Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

But it is one nevertheless. Unlike you guys

- - - Updated - - -

Try making a bard class. Try making up abilities. Make an actua largument before you say "but your arguments arent very strong, therefore a bard is the way to go!"
    There has been plenty of arguments for Bards thoughout in this topic, you can go back and read them. You either can't read or comprehend properly or you just choose to ignore them since you continue to claim the other side lacks arguments when clearly they don't. It makes you look really silly and you've already contradicted yourself once and got called out on it.

So either counter those arguments you are pretending don't exist, or continue digging yourself into a hole and making yourself look worse. Your choice.

But it is one nevertheless. Unlike you guys
    I just love how people just like to basically act like a child and say "nuh-uh!" and refuse to even admit the other side is putting forth arguments. It's easy to declare yourself the 'victor' when you delude yourself into thinking the 'opposition' is not even fighting, I guess.

By the way, it's better to have "no arguments" than to use blatant double-standards as "arguments". One side at least saves face... unlike you.

Which i argumented against and you instantly forgot you mean?
    You argument is invalid because it is nothing but a big double-standard. You use the fact Hearthsinger Forresten uses copied abilities from other classes against the idea of the bard class, but then do a complete 180-degree turn and defend the fact pre-WotLK death knights used copied abilities from other classes "because reusing abilities was something Blizzard did in the past".

That is an undeniable textbook-definition of "double-standards". Or how we say where I live: "one weight, two metrics"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I already made a simple suggestion of what it could do.

And "it doesn't belong" IS a weak argument. It doesn't explain anything. It's just a random 1-sided opinion.
    I havent used that as an argument, at least not by itself. If you want to try and quote me, at least actually quote me?

I didnt see your suggestion, mind writing it again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    There has been plenty of arguments for Bards thoughout in this topic, you can go back and read them. You either can't read or comprehend properly or you just choose to ignore them since you continue to claim the other side lacks arguments when clearly they don't. It makes you look really silly and you've already contradicted yourself once and got called out on it.

So either counter those arguments you are pretending don't exist, or continue digging yourself into a hole and making yourself look worse. Your choice.
    No there arent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I just love how people just like to basically act like a child and say "nuh-uh!" and refuse to even admit the other side is putting forth arguments. It's easy to declare yourself the 'victor' when you delude yourself into thinking the 'opposition' is not even fighting, I guess.

By the way, it's better to have "no arguments" than to use blatant double-standards as "arguments". One side at least saves face... unlike you.

You argument is invalid because it is nothing but a big double-standard. You use the fact Hearthsinger Forresten uses copied abilities from other classes against the idea of the bard class, but then do a complete 180-degree turn and defend the fact pre-WotLK death knights used copied abilities from other classes "because reusing abilities was something Blizzard did in the past".

That is an undeniable textbook-definition of "double-standards". Or how we say where I live: "one weight, two metrics"
    Just the same as you are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Except for DnD, Bard is an untenable class. It exists for roleplay purposes and I am sorry to say that WoW is not a pure rp game. Suggest trying There or Second Life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E606uHz8gss

Totally a roleplay class.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't fit into WoW. WoW has no nuance or subtlety whatsoever, it's just about big, dumb comic book characters and big, dumb wars.

You can't have lower key things like Bards when your entire game is about fighting intergalactic demons and shit.

The redesigned Bard in FFXIV is really great, it exists as an talented archer that also sings songs for morale and all that but that game can actually support the more subdued themes of war, WoW can't. WoW is just OOGA BOOGA ME KILL OOGA BOOGA ME SMASH

there arent.
    Are we playing the "Yes you do, no I don't" game now? This is the equivalent of a child plugging their ears and yelling LALALALA. It's childish. You got backed into a corner because you didn't have any actual arguments to back up your claims. How about you actually respond to the arguments you are pretending don't exist?

Deleted
    Are we playing the "Yes you do, no I don't" game now? This is the equivalent of a child plugging their ears and yelling LALALALA. It's childish. You got backed into a corner because you didn't have any actual arguments to back up your claims. How about you actually respond to the arguments you are pretending don't exist?
    When you dont provide arguments i dont. Thats hwo it works. Sorry

I would prefer if Blizzard didn't implement a class based on playing a flute/harp to deal damage. I don't want some guy playing a flute with musical notes floating off and then hitting an enemy like how in cartoons women can blow a kiss and the heart shape lands on their cheek. A guy playing a flute killing scores of legion generals and badass orc warriors? No fucking thanks. Keep that meme shit out of my game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Because they don't fit into WoW. WoW has no nuance or subtlety whatsoever, it's just about big, dumb comic book characters and big, dumb wars.

You can't have lower key things like Bards when your entire game is about fighting intergalactic demons and shit.
    You can't have lower key things like Monks when your entire game is about fighting intergalactic demons and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

When you dont provide arguments i dont. Thats hwo it works. Sorry
    Then you're deluded and not living in reality, because there have been clear arguments presented . The fact that you say there hasn't doesn't change the reality that there has been.

Just the same as you are doing
    Explain. When did I engage in double-standards in this discussion? Or anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I would prefer if Blizzard didn't implement a class based on playing a flute/harp to deal damage. I don't want some guy playing a flute with musical notes floating off and then hitting an enemy like how in cartoons women can blow a kiss and the heart shape lands on their cheek. A guy playing a flute killing scores of legion generals and badass orc warriors? No fucking thanks. Keep that meme shit out of my game.
    You literally have a class that turns enemies into sheep and musical abilities are out of the question?

Deleted
    You can't have lower key things like Monks when your entire game is about fighting intergalactic demons and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you're deluded and not living in reality, because there have been clear arguments presented . The fact that you say there hasn't doesn't change the reality that there has been.
    THere has been no arguments presented. THere has been a vast amount of arguments against.

See what i did? I hope you do

You literally have a class that turns enemies into sheep and musical abilities are out of the question?
    How is a mage being able to use polymorph as absurd as musical notes popping up on your screen and dealing damage? I don't get your equivalence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Explain. When did I engage in double-standards in this discussion? Or anywhere else?
    I was refering to "I just love how people just like to basically act like a child and say "nuh-uh!" and refuse to even admit the other side is putting forth arguments" and i stopped reading after that because it became pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are about physical discipline being used to deal damage and, in World of Warcraft, channeling the spirits of ancients to heal, tank, or do damage.

Bards are about hurting things with musical notes. It doesn't fit in WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Polymorphing into chickens and other farm animals has been a thing since early D&D. They had bards aswell but in the context that groups dont have to be balanced as finely as in wow and that bards are basicly rogues/hunters with some spells from a magic school that exists and a special lute ability. Its everything that Blizzard is struggeling not to do with wow. Class homogenization

Yes there are.
    Oh? Who are they then? I've seen 'bards' that play music like in the rogue order hall but don't recall any npcs that are 'battle bards' like one would expect for a class. Not saying you're wrong but I don't recall any off hand.

THere has been no arguments presented. THere has been a vast amount of arguments against.

See what i did? I hope you do
    Yeah you ignored everything and repeated the same thing you've been saying before, just like you're ignoring arguments against your point and trying to pretend they don't exist.

You said you can't see bards as anything but support buffers, and you were given examples of bards that weren't just support buffers. Explain to me how that's not an argument against your claim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Monks are about physical discipline being used to deal damage and, in World of Warcraft, channeling the spirits of ancients to heal, tank, or do damage.

Bards are about hurting things with musical notes. It doesn't fit in WoW.
    You're being disingenuous by claiming that's the only thing a Bard would be. I could use your same logic and say monks are just hurting things with their fists.