Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    m+ capped at 355 base... 1900 pvp is 370 base... both can TF... you see the difference?
    until tuesday and there is no cap. See the difference?

15+ Year Old Account
    "Forced to do to be competative", somehow some people always think they are in a top guild competing for a world first what not.
    Always put a smile on my face.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-09-11 at 10:05 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

LOL after years of pvpers being forced to raid to get gear for pvp... jesus christ carebears are annoying.

What's the problem with having different way to get the same things. You wont get good pve azerite from pvp. I'm a pve player and I enjoyed doing random 2v2 to get the 500 cap (I wanted to have a go at that 345 weapon, too bad I only got a socket)

"Competitive" guilds are less than 1% of the playerbase, even less. And yhey'll be done with ALL content in just a few weeks anyway. You can't balance the whole game around that few people. Everyone (!) will get at least 370 loots some time in the tiers, people without jobs or even paid to play the game will just get them SOONER (you cant farm pve AND pvp with a 8h/day job).
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-09-11 at 07:16 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    if you want to be a lemming about it.. yea.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    You'll see a 370 from a +5 in about 1 out of 10 runs. It's not common.

The difference between this week and next week is that mythic raids open next week, which means advantage exists this week for people who do the PvP, vs guilds who delay progression next week to get a gear advantage from +10s then go into mythic. There's a tradeoff next week, there isn't one this week.

This is yet another flub from Blizzard, the PvP cap should've been 355 this week just like +5s.
    This first week limitation matters only for people trying to get in the world/region firsts. For ALL (yes ALL!!!) other players, it doesn't matter at all, one week is nothing...

And anyway, getting to the rating needed to get 370+ is a lot harder than killing bosses in a heroic raid (even pug).

We facerolled the first boss on the first pull and killed mother rather easily yesterday... and we're casuals .. got 370 trinket
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-09-11 at 09:16 AM.

Since rated BG needed a very needed playerbase injection, I don't think this is a bad thing at all. Raiders are not forced at this at all, because you can still kill all the bosses without the said gear. Now, when you actually would need the said gear to kill the bosses, then it may become an issue.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Since rated BG needed a very needed playerbase injection, I don't think this is a bad thing at all. Raiders are not forced at this at all, because you can still kill all the bosses without the said gear. Now, when you actually would need the said gear to kill the bosses, then it may become an issue.
    Agree, what RBG will not likely ever get due to balance is a large thriving dedicated RBG player pool.
    It can however very likely get a hint of life with casual PvP'rs & PvE'r (doing it for just weekly item).

I think this is a very good change, PvP has had shit rewards compared to PvE for a long time already.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

yeah if you want to be competitive in raid - you forced to grind pvp... you see nothing wrong - coolstory...
    If you want to be competetive in raids you do M+, since it can drop a higher base ilvl than rated battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    I mean OP is wrong on every single point he made, so whats the reason of this thread? feels like most of the people here is on the same page. Finally you can chose how you want to gear and pvp gear isnt better then the heroic raiding gear. I mean there are traits and shit from raiding thats really good aswell as awesome trinkets/weapons yeah you get the drift.

Even tho I would argue that the pvp gear should be best like it was back in vanilla. Being best in pvp is afterall extremly diffucult compared to clearing scripted boss fights. I mean the gear the drops from raiding is enough to clear the content in raids so why all the crying?

easy solution - remove all relevant loot from pvp. how many years need blizz to understand such a simple thing... pvp in wow is side system nobody cares like pet battles. why forse ppl to do such a silly activity nobody knows...

Having watched people on my team get 2 shot by members of the world first heroic Ghun guild at 2500 mmr makes me want to point out that this definitely cuts both ways. PVE trinkets are still problematic in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Im pretty sure there is people out there on twitch makeing way more than method ever will sorry..

There is just no money within WoW..
    We aren't talking about random streamers on twitch "makeing" more money than WoW players. We're talking about WoW players making money by playing WoW.

You can easy find a list of prize pools from WoW tournaments (close to 4 million total so far) and a list of the top earners (top 3 are over 100k each).

Sure, there are other games with larger prize pools but claiming there is no money in WoW is a statement that ranges from disingenuous to a flat lie. Not to mention 90% of that money was just from PvP, the MDI has only been around for a year or so.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Not really. M+ and PvP mean you can either start Mythic at about 344-345 ilvl (only through raiding) or 360+ ilvl (by doing both M+, Warfront and PvP). Take a wild guess which group is going to have a distinctly better time.
    I said they can, not that they must.

If you want to grind gear from other sources just to be more powerful, you can do it.
    If you want to progress without grinding much, you can, but obviously it will be harder.

Don't know how you got confused but you can still progress without grinding from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I said they can, not that they must.

If you want to grind gear from other sources just to be more powerful, you can do it.
    If you want to progress without grinding much, you can, but obviously it will be harder.

Don't know how you got confused but you can still progress without grinding from other sources.
    i think you are missing the point. People are pissed that the optimal gearing path to complete raids involves doing Arenas/RBGs. Which makes zero sense.

So my best PVE trinket as a Frost Dk comes from PVP apparently. A particular field Frost is currently shit at. Awesome.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmage View Post
    i think you are missing the point. People are pissed that the optimal gearing path to complete raids involves doing Arenas/RBGs. Which makes zero sense.
    It makes completely sense if the players keep engaging the content with this nonsense attitude of "optimal gearing path". Not our problem that some players need extra gear to clear content, or that they keep engaging into activities that are made to be grinded into oblivion like Mythic Raiding. Thankfully only a negligible part of the playerbase wants to grind like that for loot in order to do raid in the highest difficulty.

Raids/RBGs are rewarding. Raiding is too. The problem is that raiders feel "forced" to do the other rewarding stuff. They will complain until everything else is nerfed and only their type of content is rewarding. And they will still grind whatever they want - to Raid Mythic, is to grind content to get that edge.

Complain too much and soon Blizzard will introduce "Reward Paths": you can only receive gear from one type of content per week.

best way to farm max ilvl items now is RBG - 1900 raiting spam 370ivl items that even can TF... every single top guild instead of split raids spam rbgs now... are you happy that blizzard force raiders into cancer pvp again?
    You don't know what "force" means.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It makes completely sense if the players keep engaging the content with this nonsense attitude of "optimal gearing path". Not our problem that some players need extra gear to clear content, or that they keep engaging into activities that are made to be grinded into oblivion like Mythic Raiding. Thankfully only a negligible part of the playerbase wants to grind like that for loot in order to do raid in the highest difficulty.

Raids/RBGs are rewarding. Raiding is too. The problem is that raiders feel "forced" to do the other rewarding stuff. They will complain until everything else is nerfed and only their type of content is rewarding. And they will still grind whatever they want - to Raid Mythic, is to grind content to get that edge.

Complain too much and soon Blizzard will introduce "Reward Paths": you can only receive gear from one type of content per week.
    Good, I hope reward paths are a thing. Also, I just wish they brought back resilience, so pve gear is bad in pvp and pvp gear is bad in pve. Boom. Easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    So my best PVE trinket as a Frost Dk comes from PVP apparently. A particular field Frost is currently shit at. Awesome.
    So play Blood or Unholy and set your loot spec to Frost?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222