Poll: Domesticated pet fox as your pet?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. Foxes are lovely but would never get one as a pet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Too neurotic to be a cuddly pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope pet fetishes cause more harm to animals than Hunting them for Trophies which consequently is the same thing.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Foxes only exist so British people can hunt them.

Foxes scream, not bark. Its extremely annoying. So no, never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Foxes scream, not bark. Its extremely annoying. So no, never.

[]
    WaaaaaW....yeah not that bad actuly compared to some dogs that bark for 3 min straight.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already plenty of high energy insane dog breeds to choose from and I don't want any of those, so I wouldn't want a fox either.
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Friend has one. Big nope there. Its domesticated only in the most general definition of the word. You get basically a spastic cat when you get a fox pet. Except they stink (marks stuff and just general odor), they typically only stand one or two people, and the rest they will bite (i have scars on my right hand from it). They run everywhere and on everything. They are hard to keep looking clean because they roll in everything, and hate water like cats.

My friend did the research, and inspected the breeder. A lot of "domesticated" foxes come from mills, and have serious health issues. Her's was from a small breeder that only raised one to two litters a year. She has had the fox for about 3 years now and it still has done little to chill out.
    Yeah, those are tame foxes, not domesticated. There is only one breeding program for domesticated foxes and they don't really sell any yet. All the 'domesticated' foxes you can buy anywhere, are just tame.

Yes, I would buy a domesticated fox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Foxes scream, not bark. Its extremely annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, for the same reason I don't have a dog. The smell, and the energy. If they breed kinds that have minimal smell and arent furry bags of highly concentrated energy- hell yes I would.

Edit:

If I had the room and the patience, I'd sooner have a pet owl.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I love animals and i own lots of dogs and i certainly would give a fox a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    No, for the same reason I don't have a dog. The smell, and the energy. If they breed kinds that have minimal smell and arent furry bags of highly concentrated energy- hell yes I would.

Edit:

If I had the room and the patience, I'd sooner have a pet owl.
    Not sure if you would be able to sleep at night .

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but I've seen enough for videos to know their better suited to an outdoor space, I'd also have to put up with them peeing on everything.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Hell no. I like to travel, having a fox would make it pretty much impossible to leave because nobody would take that fox for few weeks.

I'm aware of the Russian fox breeding and domestication, but I'm not sure they can really be considered domesticated yet. So probably not. It'll be cool though eventually.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm aware of the Russian fox breeding and domestication, but I'm not sure they can really be considered domesticated yet. So probably not. It'll be cool though eventually.
    It may take a few more generations.
    https://www.foxesworlds.com/fox-reproduction/

20 or so years at best. With controled breeding we can actuly make a new species.

Deleted
    As cute as foxes can be in some ways, I'm at a loss as to why we must take yet another wild animal and breed it into a toy that has no relevant and necessary purpose whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wild animals make bad pets. In fact, a lot of cats don't even make great pets as they're not as domesticated as dogs. Do yourself and the animal a favor and take a hard pass, unless the animal is unsuited for the wild due to injury or similar reasons and you have the money/time/resources to provide such an animal a humane enclosure.
    These foxes have been selectively bred since the 1950s and have even undergone anatomical changes (see: Domestication Syndrome) such as being more sociable, having shorter legs, floppier ears and even more varied coloration. For all intents and purposes they're domesticated, not just tame.

OT: I would probably get one provided it was cheap enough but I would prefer getting a kit than an older one (which I'm not sure they sell) to properly socialize and acclimate it to a more urban life. I really like the Georgian White variety (pictured above in the first picture). They remind of me of weird dog-cats.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, no. They are a menace. Stop getting wild animals as pets. You're incapable of caring for it. It will destroy your furniture. It doesn't give a fuck about what you want. It has wild needs that you can't give it if you coop it up.

Get a fucking dog, stop trying to be cool and special by buying exotic pets. So, so many of said exotic pets get abandoned.

And this fucking experiment is disgusting.