Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    agree with that, this basilisk its really a joke.
    I stun the enemy (with ice trap or intimidation) stack on him and cast basilisk, then that stupid basilisk spawns at least 10 y away, enemy get out of CC and run.
    I agree completely. It's a joke sometimes when you think "wow let root and sometimes after stun and the basilisk can do damage...nope he move slowly, very slowly and specially he spawns far from the target".Joke talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you were getting killed by Basilisk then you have issues in PvP. It’s attack range is small, it moves slower than an RP walker, and a Hunter needs to coordinate some kind of stun or root for it to hit anyone with half a brain.
    BM did need some nerfs, but Blizzard did go a little too overboard.
    Also, when people speak of FotM rerollers, tell me why DH and Disc Priests haven’t been nerfed yet.
    Not sure if you knew, but in arena a lot of plays are about CCing 1 person, while stunlocking another in place and doing insane burst during that stun lock. (Including ground-aoe mage nukes, and yes, the basilisk).

Our basilisk's burst was insane. I'm sorry that you did not discover it's potential prior to the nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepe View Post
    Not sure if you knew, but in arena a lot of plays are about CCing 1 person, while stunlocking another in place and doing insane burst during that stun lock. (Including ground-aoe mage nukes, and yes, the basilisk).

Our basilisk's burst was insane. I'm sorry that you did not discover it's potential prior to the nerf.
    basilisks damage need a nerf and it's welcome that...but compare that with 2 melles (warrior and pala) tunnel you and our basilisks looks a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Otuga View Post
    basilisks damage need a nerf and it's welcome that...but compare that with 2 melles (warrior and pala) tunnel you and our basilisks looks a toy.
    I'm not sure what your point is..

Deleted
    I'm not sure what your point is..
    it's easy avoid basilisk, and the place where basilisks spawns it's really matter. Even when youcan stun a enemy tha spawn place can destroy the strategy.

Not sure what you're saying, I went from 1850 to 2175 yesterday in 2.5-3hrs of playing, most games were easy, mainly lost because Purge > Rdruid hots

My pet was still doing a shit ton of damage. I stopped playing with the basilisk and play more defensive options: Feign death is a solid choice.

If you're stuck at low ratings maybe either you or your partner aren't as good as you think you are

Again, what is this counter arguement? Ive never stated it didn’t do a fuckton of damage. I stated that there’s only 2 ways to get hit by it. Either be stupid, or be cc’d into it. Fun fact, people have trinkets to break that cc, which again, let’s you RP walk away from it faster than it moves. As others have stated, it’s extremely easy to avoid.
    Also, it’s still a powerful beast, and the nerf hasn’t changed it from being one of the better pvp abilities, but for someone to complain about dying to it nonstop like it’s some constant threat and wins every game just shows that they probably shouldn’t be in arena as it is. The nerfs overall were from Hunter and main pet damage done, but someone complain d about Basilisk like it’s the sole reason for winning PvP matches. Do you think I’ve not done pvp and seen the ability in action.
    Even with coordinated CC, I’ve never taken more than 1 hit from the thing. Hell, the pet itself can be cc’d. To claim it as some huge game changer the like of the original Stampede prenerf is laughable.

Basilisk should get a 60% increase to movement speed for it's 60% damage nerf :X

Funny how the big issue with Hunter is mainly only about his damage, remember when we were a CC machine like ... from Classic to MoP ? Hunter has been so pruned that it's almost only strong when it's damage is OP. How could they fuck up the hunter class so much, surv is the only fun and powerful spec now (I like it but still)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yeah and AI pet is WORSE on bfa than in legion, my pet gets stuck everywhere (first room of Uldum & last boss of Boralus ... you're forced to dismiss/call or you'll do 0 dmg...
    Sometimes he just goes wherever he wants then come back... some arenas are just fuc*** up for BM because the pet is so stupid he just can't JUMP down ... he should be able to jump down in pvp situations like this, its stupid

I can't avoid a melee dps, a cast, a dot,... by jumping down... but you can deny 50% of my dps, great indeed :/
    Let's be honest here. Pet AI / pathing has been bad for several expansions now. A few months ago, I saw a pet in a WoD dungeon following the bad path (still). I'm convinced Blizz hasn't had a programmer look seriously at pet pathing in several expansions at this point.

This game is a cash cow, and Blizz has little interest in spending any money to make it better. There are just enough resources thrown at it to keep it viable (notice that 95% of everything new in this expansion is story and cosmetic additions...new zones, etc are just using a design tool that was likely developed a decade ago). Maybe they'll panic again and throw more resources at it next expansion (like they did for Legion after WoD tanked 3 months in).

Deleted

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Basilisk should get a 60% increase to movement speed for it's 60% damage nerf :X
    This and other thing: could attack when we are in Aspect of Turtle, or at least can use Aspect of Turtle when we are cc. We are the only classe that can't use a defensive when cc, ok, we can use Disengage when root if talented.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yeah and AI pet is WORSE on bfa than in legion, my pet gets stuck everywhere (first room of Uldum & last boss of Boralus ... you're forced to dismiss/call or you'll do 0 dmg...
    Sometimes he just goes wherever he wants then come back... some arenas are just fuc*** up for BM because the pet is so stupid he just can't JUMP down ... he should be able to jump down in pvp situations like this, its stupid

I can't avoid a melee dps, a cast, a dot,... by jumping down... but you can deny 50% of my dps, great indeed :/
    So you're upset you have to dismiss and resummon your pet in one raid boss room BEFORE the pull? OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    People still play WoW for PVP?
    Yep, and some make a living of it (Cdew, Ziqo, Whaazz, pshero, snutz, etc), interesting isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Let's be honest here. Pet AI / pathing has been bad for several expansions now. A few months ago, I saw a pet in a WoD dungeon following the bad path (still). I'm convinced Blizz hasn't had a programmer look seriously at pet pathing in several expansions at this point.

This game is a cash cow, and Blizz has little interest in spending any money to make it better. There are just enough resources thrown at it to keep it viable (notice that 95% of everything new in this expansion is story and cosmetic additions...new zones, etc are just using a design tool that was likely developed a decade ago). Maybe they'll panic again and throw more resources at it next expansion (like they did for Legion after WoD tanked 3 months in).
    Last week i had my Rhino flying at my side. I will post a Print S.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    Funny how the big issue with Hunter is mainly only about his damage, remember when we were a CC machine like ... from Classic to MoP ? Hunter has been so pruned that it's almost only strong when it's damage is OP. How could they fuck up the hunter class so much, surv is the only fun and powerful spec now (I like it but still)
    that's where the whole game has gone, every dps spec is basically mongoloid and anyone with an IQ above room temperature can do significant damage. This makes healing really undesirable as it's gotten way harder due to every dps doing so much damage while not being that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Again, what is this counter arguement? Ive never stated it didn’t do a fuckton of damage. I stated that there’s only 2 ways to get hit by it. Either be stupid, or be cc’d into it. Fun fact, people have trinkets to break that cc, which again, let’s you RP walk away from it faster than it moves. As others have stated, it’s extremely easy to avoid.
    Also, it’s still a powerful beast, and the nerf hasn’t changed it from being one of the better pvp abilities, but for someone to complain about dying to it nonstop like it’s some constant threat and wins every game just shows that they probably shouldn’t be in arena as it is. The nerfs overall were from Hunter and main pet damage done, but someone complain d about Basilisk like it’s the sole reason for winning PvP matches. Do you think I’ve not done pvp and seen the ability in action.
    Even with coordinated CC, I’ve never taken more than 1 hit from the thing. Hell, the pet itself can be cc’d. To claim it as some huge game changer the like of the original Stampede prenerf is laughable.
    Don't get so defensive, it was not a counter arguement. You and another posted have made it seem like it is entirely useless and 100% counterable. I was bringing up the fact that it's amazing with coordinated CCs (which happen when your trinket is on CD, by the way). It's also a great deterrent for melee DPS to focus on 1 player during their own stunlock burst attempt. (If one of the DPS is melee trying to burst down a stun locked player, pop the basilisk on that DPS and watch chunks of their HP go down while they try to maintian melee DPS for their own burst.)

Great in certain BGs for area denail, like in AV towers (especially the horde towers). Or for added PvE burst (again, AV, or even IOC).

"Destroyed BM" you fool it was way too much I was 1v2 people In low rating, and literally 1v1 ANYONE without breaking a sweat.
    I just hope they dont touch spirit mend.

The only sucky bit about bm in pvp is how easily people negate ur dmg via pet cc or straight up killing it. Apart from that bm is still very good. I prefer survival however. Stop whining and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    "Destroyed BM" you fool it was way too much I was 1v2 people In low rating, and literally 1v1 ANYONE without breaking a sweat.
    It's bugged so it will be fixed eventually, currently it's healing every tick what it should be healing in total.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    So you're upset you have to dismiss and resummon your pet in one raid boss room BEFORE the pull? OK.
    There's half a dozen bosses where the pet can't even enter the room because it gets stuck on the floor in the doorway. Have fun on the last boss in Siege of Boralus as well. Your pet can't walk to the other half of the platform...

You can no longer set your pet to passive to fix when it's stuck. It must be dismissed/resummoned. Pet's pathing has also completely changed as they are following new paths in dungeons. I witnessed this going back to BRF and HFC.

You don't need to dismiss your pet on Mythrax...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    It was definitely OP. I won a few 3 v 1 battles where I had no business even killing one person. They may have gone a tad overboard but we'll see.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222