Can someone briefly explain why rogues work so well?

Mythrax will be the true roadblock mechanically, imo. Might see them stuck for a while here.

For people wondering Sub rogue has an ability called Shuriken Combo which increases eviscerate damage by 8% per target hit with Shuriken Storm, up to 5 Stacks. Shuriken Storm gives 1cp Per target hit. So basically the rogues are doing Storm > Evis > Storm > Evis etc. Obviously keeping up Find Weakness, Nightblade and all that but basically this fight is a sub rogues wet dream, that's why the boss damage is so much higher than any other spec.

At the same time though they're doing basically 0 damage to the adds, so the raid still needs some strong aoe classes to not get overrun by adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    And people thought Zul was gonna be the roadblock...

well ok, I guess it will be for normal guilds that doesn't stack 5 rogues XD
    I don't think anyone want saying that .....

Quote Originally Posted by risks View Post
    Very good aoe - but most importantly extreme ST damage on ZUL. For every mob around ZUL the rogue is doing more ST dps on him - while also doing decent AOE.

Deleted
    Their Fan of Knifes ability award 1 combo point per target hit. So on aoe you get 5 CP with 1 ability instead of 5. So its FoN anf then Eviscerate spam. Along with their dps CDs its insane ST damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    Man Gingi just showed the boss damage on Zul and this is ridiculous... 350 ilevel rogues having DOUBLE (no joke literally double) more damage than other 370 dps class.

Edit: 19 wipes on Zul
    Its a fight heavily favoring sub and he instantly poped Vantus for it since the rogue was only gonna be used on Zul. I don't see the problem, if anything the fight mechanically lacked a worthwhile addition.

Immense AoE dmg with only 2 buttons
    12/12

The way I understood it:

Shadowdance is a powerful cooldown. The more you do 5cp finisher, the more you can cast it.

With a lot of addds 1aoe (shiruken) intantly give 5cp. So you do 1AOE on add then 1 5cp finish on Zul, rinse and repeat, with a lot of showdance uptime.

Both the boss and the adds get down quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    but zul looked real easy? how many wipes they had like 50? i dont get how limit is still at 5 are they farming gear? is the problem that method somehow has 5 rogues geared good enough to bring on zul and limit doesnt?
    Just look at Limits Fetid Kill setup / their rogue itemlevels on wowprogress, they have 4 rogues at 367+ and one at 363. Their rogues are BY FAR better geared then Method's.

e:Just checked again, since last time i did was over 12 hours ago. Atm Limit has 5 rogues at 367+ and a sixth at 365, so even better rn.
    Last edited by mmoc756b24a9b3; 2018-09-14 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    for every target you hit with shurikenstorm you get 1 combo point and your next envis deals more damage(damage buff capped at 5 targets i think). also whenever you spend a combo point, your shadow dance gets reduced for 2 seconds(10 seconds with 5 point finisher).
    if you are only doing shurikenstorm > envis > storm > envis you have very high dance uptime, every envis is insanly buffed and you can evnis every 2nd gcd because of infinite combo points.

you get insane single target damage through adds, without killing the adds. thats why its also insane in high level m+ for mdi etc.

disclaimer: i dont know if the numbers are correct, only played him in legion.

just checked
    8% more envis damage for every target up to 5, so 40% more damage with envis every 2nd gcd.
    Last edited by mmoca071fc0233; 2018-09-14 at 04:34 PM.

i mean sure but sco and other method member said that the requirement for this expansion is "only" 3 characters in total meaning main + 2 alts, most of the casuals have that LOL there was so much downtime between launch and mythic raid you cant tell me someone like exorsus or limit only has like main + 1 alt.....
    The "requirements" but come on, it's Method lol, most of them probably went well and above that to a point. It's like saying, you are only required to work 20 hrs with pay but can work up to 40 with pay. Most people would be like, sweet, only 20 hrs of work! While the hardcore would be, sweet, I can work 40 hrs!

Deleted
    It's not all rogue spec. Only subtely.
    Basically they have a spell (Shuriken storm) that deals AOE damage around the rogue and generates 1 combo point PER target hit. So when there is a lot of small adds around (like in Zul fight), this spell instantly generates 6 combo point.
    Then the rogue just spam Shuriken storm --> Eviscerate, Shuriken Storm --> Eviscerate.

In short the adds provide constant combo points so they can funnel finishers into the boss.

kinda strange limit hasnt killed it yet are they farming gear again? i mean there is no strats here, basically just dps adds and thats it and we know Limit has best dps players so whats going on ???
    I want to honor you with one big XD for this comment

Boooom Method 6/8

10+ Year Old Account
    Told you guys, EU would overtake US.

Now for the stream to "Go Offline" Kappa
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Told you guys, EU would overtake US.

Now for the stream to "Go Offline" Kappa
    Yeah, only because US players have lives and dont live in mommy's basement and plays wow all day like method players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Boooom Method 6/8
    this donny must be posting with internet explorer

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Yeah, only because US players have lives and dont live in mommy's basement and plays wow all day like method players.
    NA players are so fucking butthurt it's great.