Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i want to know how u look like irl. got any pics?
    Google freddy krueger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Google freddy krueger.
    rly tho. i see plenty of your posts. u speak of human potential peak and non-toxic masculinity. i want to unironically see how u look irl. might be pm
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    rly tho. i see plenty of your posts. u speak of human potential peak and non-toxic masculinity. i want to unironically see how u look irl. might be pm
    You know that sounds kinda creepy. Im not sure if i want to have my own stalker....but i appreciate thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that sounds kinda creepy. Im not sure if i want to have my own stalker....but i appreciate thought.
    we even joined mmo-c at the same time. come on bro
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Its a simple resurrection that creates undead. Aka "Totally not a necromancy".
    Resurrection the spell is able to raise their spirit. Or their body if the caster is skilled at it like whitemane.
    Still counts as light magic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    In lore Malfurion is a fucking powerhouse, in game he is a glass chin chump. I said it before if they decide to kill him off I want him to go out like a absolute badass...he better live up to the name Stormrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    You're still disregarding the fact that wisps are commanded by many night elves, not just malfurion. They literally sacrifice themselves to speed the growth of ancients and sap the mana of enemies at the command of their night elven brothers and sisters. Remember, you AREN'T malfurion in WCIII and you still command the wisps to do these things. Simply having a method of calling LOUDLY for their aid and having a bunch respond doesn't tie him any more closely to the darkness than a bullhorn ties a human commander to the darkness.

The power comes from Cenarius, the demigod of nature, it's not surprising the horn can literally call nature spirits to a user's aid. There is nothing REMOTELY necrotic about it, you're really reaching hard. This is jet fuel/steel beams levels of conspiracy.

Not saying Malfurion won't end up being a bad guy (I don't like him at all personally), but this is a really bad argument for it. And if he becomes corrupted by the old gods, then yeah, obviously he'll be bad. But he shows NO signs of it at the current time.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are having a pointless argument, banshees existed long before Arthas... it's in their bio.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Banshee#cite_note-MoM-0
    I mean that's what I was implying. All of the Kalimdor banshees were from other sources.

Thrall is a master shaman. Shamanism can be used to speak to the dead or summon feral spirits. Ergo, Thrall IS POWERFUL NECROMANCER
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-09-15 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Oh, kinda like Nurge from Warhammer 40k?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They're the same events. Archimonde was not defeated twice at Hyjal, and Arthas did not purge Stratholme more than once. Not sure what you're even getting at with Jaina, she leaves before Arthas starts the purge in both versions.
    I'm not saying WC3 Battle for Mt. Hyjal in WC3 was different from the one in CoT.

CoS in WotLK has a different twist to it since the infinite dragonflight are trying to meddle with the event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Thrall is a master shaman. Shamanism can be used to speak to the dead or summon feral spirits. Ergo, Thrall IS POWERFUL NECROMANCER
    He talks and commune with them but never use them in a battle or fight against an enemy.

FYI the first warlock/necromancer was an Orc Draenor's Shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Resurrection the spell is able to raise their spirit. Or their body if the caster is skilled at it like whitemane.
    The point of necromantic power is using a life source for the purpose of destruction. Malfurion uses and calls upon wisp similar to a weapon. He could even cause fire with using wisp as spirit fire to burn enemies and singe flesh to nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...you got actual in-game proof for that ? Because so far its just "Its totally not necromancy because blandliance would never do something so bad" gibberish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Communication with spirits is just a bit diffrent than ripping them out of fresh corpses. Just a little diffrent.

Unless you gonna tell me that when arthas ripped sylvanas soul out of her body he uses shamanistic arts.

Oh and gothic the harvester is shaman right ? Or maybe druid ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    He isn't controlling spirits... the wisps have independence. They were answering his call. In WCIII you control wisp units, and you aren't assuming the role of Malfurion to do it, you control him too.

Wisps willingly extinguished themselves to aid Malfurion, a powerful protector of the forest, when he called. That's all.

You're attributing some sort of magical control over an unconventional army where there is none. Wisps aren't really undead, they are pure spirits, and they hang around of their own accord, uncontrolled by anyone. It would be the same as claiming that Anduin has magical control of his human army. Sure wisps aren't alive, but they aren't dominated undead either.
    If they do indeed display and exercise free will or independence, there should be a few wisps continuing what they are doing on their own.Circling around a tree, roaming around an area , etc. Have you seen Darkshore town becoming a "ghost town" as the fresh corpse of Night Elves there suddenly disappeared but streams of wisps are rallying at Malfurion's way point?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...you got actual in-game proof for that ? Because so far its just "Its totally not necromancy because blandliance would never do something so bad" gibberish.

- - - Updated - - -

Communication with spirits is just a bit diffrent than ripping them out of fresh corpses. Just a little diffrent.

Unless you gonna tell me that when arthas ripped sylvanas soul out of her body he uses shamanistic arts.

Oh and gothic the harvester is shaman right ? Or maybe druid ?
    Now that you mentioned someone ripping the soul from a corpse, maybe it now becomes obvious to you that there are similarities on how Malfurion was able to produce that much wisp for his defensive wall. No more dead bodies laying around. A great death wall turning live bodies trying to force their way through it but magically disintegrates
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    He talks and commune with them but never use them in a battle or fight against an enemy.
    That's actually what Necromancy really means. Thrall is a Necromancer. The so-called Necromancers aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is not what you think he is: the Archdruid of nature and life. He controls beyond flourishing plants, commanding nature at his disposal.

He has mastered the other grim aspect of Druidism. It is death,
    it is decay. It is dealing with souls and spirit of the dead.
    Decay is shamanistic thing, and death is necromancy, opposite of nature. You argument doesn't hold up in the very beginning, assuming that malfurion became a master of necromancy all of the sudden is just crazy talk

- - - Updated - - -

If they do indeed display and exercise free will or independence, there should be a few wisps continuing what they are doing on their own.Circling around a tree, roaming around an area , etc. Have you seen Darkshore town becoming a "ghost town" as the fresh corpse of Night Elves there suddenly disappeared but streams of wisps are rallying at Malfurion's way point?
    That's implying that night elves aren't extremely territorial and not going to do literally everything to defend their homeland against forces of evil that is able to fuck with spirits. I mean, what the fuck you are supposed to do as a wisp in a dead forest full of blight and apothecaries running around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's actually what Necromancy really means. Thrall is a Necromancer. The so-called Necromancers aren't.
    He does commune with elemental spirits and his orc ancestors but by no means he ask them to materialize and fight for him or even use their souls as sacrifice to either hurt the enemies or protect himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Decay is shamanistic thing, and death is necromancy, opposite of nature. You argument doesn't hold up in the very beginning, assuming that malfurion became a master of necromancy all of the sudden is just crazy talk

- - - Updated - - -

That's implying that night elves aren't extremely territorial and not going to do literally everything to defend their homeland against forces of evil that is able to fuck with spirits. I mean, what the fuck you are supposed to do as a wisp in a dead forest full of blight and apothecaries running around?
    Fungal growth and wild mushrooms are part of druids' arsenal. How different could it be from the by product of rot within the lairs of Uldir bosses?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 10:37 AM.

Well given that the alliance is written as lightloving cocksuckers then, yes it's actually a valid reason. Blizzard won't suddenly make them turn to necromancy.

But if you notice the vengeful spirits appear after a light blast comes down on the soldiers as they die and raises them as spirits. Which is how resurrection is shown in game. Also the units that revive are always accompanied by stromgarde priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fungal growth and wild mushrooms are part of druids' arsenal. How different could it be from the by product of rot within the lairs of Uldir bosses?
    as different as eating a toadstool instead of boletus. What's happening in Uldir is byproduct of titans experimenting on old gods, system malfunctions. One is old god corruption, other is... you know, nature force that makes things grow and heal
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Four things could happen:
    - Malfurion commands dead NE into Wisp
    - Sylvanas turns them undead and be part of Forsaken
    - A holy aligned NPC use the light and ressurct them back to the living.
    - Corpses stay dead and lying on the floor, remaining still until decay kicks in.

The dead and those who died are still considered as resource more so if you are fully tapping into the power of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well given that the alliance is written as lightloving cocksuckers then, yes it's actually a valid reason. Blizzard won't suddenly make them turn to necromancy.

But if you notice the vengeful spirits appear after a light blast comes down on the soldiers as they die and raises them as spirits. Which is how resurrection is shown in game. Also the units that revive are always accompanied by stromgarde priests.
    Its also a core machanic of Gothic the harvester encounter. Hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Four things could happen:
    - Malfurion commands dead NE into Wisp
    - Sylvanas turns them undead and be part of Forsaken
    - A holy aligned NPC use the light and ressurct them back to the living.
    - Corpses stay dead and lying on the floor, remaining still until decay kicks in.

The dead and those who died are still considered as resource more so if you are fully tapping into the power of death.
    Malfurion can't command dead night elves into wisps, it doesn't work this way. When someone died there is a brief period when his spirit can be returned to body (granted that body can sustain this soul, so it has to be healed) or even an object (regular spirits roaming around ruins, necromancers and phylacteries, warlocks and soulstones). Apparently most night elves are attuned to the nature and are kinda "tethered" to it if form of a wisp.

I don't believe that Sylvanas can turn night elves into forsaken, Val'kyr apparently can only take souls of vrykul (aka - humans) from shadowlands, they can't take souls of night elves from hands of the elune.

Yes, granted that their spirits haven't passed to shadowlands yet.

Corpse is irrelevant since i was talking about wisps - they don't need corpses.

The thing is, if you died as a night elf with a strong nature affinity - you become a wisp instead of regular spirit (or your spirit is transformed instead of going into shadowlands by forces you are attuned with, there is no lore about it afaik, but it may very well be doings of elune, because druid Tauren or shamans in general do not become wisps). So you are a being of nature now, and you are going to do nature things - growing trees and helping out your fellow soon-to-be-wisps and those who communicate with you. If your homeland is in danger of destruction and the biggest nature-related-badass in whole azeroth alerts you about it - you go and fucking blow up some fools, just like a lioness will defend her cubs.

All malfurion does is pointing finger at someone who touched nature in a bad way and helps wisps to make a coordinated strike for massive destruction.

If you don't like my theory on what wisps are, - "Aessina did it", but it's boring answer

- - - Updated - - -

Its also a core machanic of Gothic the harvester encounter. Hmm
    There is always a chance that human priests simply suck at their job in the middle of combat and can't heal bodies fast enough for spirits to stay in them for proper resurrection
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-09-15 at 11:19 AM.