What exactly is azerite, and why is it powerful?

I haven't had the time to buy BfA yet, but I'd love for my question to get answered.

I understand that it's the unborn titan's blood, but what makes it so powerful? Does it make thing go bigger boom than with previous technology? Exactly what advantage does it have above other minerals?

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is something to believe in!

Apparently it makes you feel waves of energy when held, and it can be used as a weapon of mass destruction like Uranium with real world nukes.

Did you see Black Panther movie?
    It’s vibranium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I haven't had the time to buy BfA yet, but I'd love for my question to get answered.

I understand that it's the unborn titan's blood, but what makes it so powerful? Does it make thing go bigger boom than with previous technology? Exactly what advantage does it have above other minerals?
    Titans are god-like cosmic power-houses, their blood contains some of that energy. It enhances pretty much everything it touches, augmenting arcane magic, making weapons and armor lighter and stronger, improves technology... Titans are avatars of cosmic creation, their blood basically makes everything better, whatever is exposed to it, and however you would define something becoming 'better.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Google is your friend.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

7+ Year Old Account
    Azerite is the name given to the crystallized blood of Azeroth. When Sargeras stabbed the world with his sword, it caused her to bleed her life essence all over the world.
    - Being a titan's blood, like the Well of Eternity, Azerite is arcane in nature.
    - It is an extremely potent mineral that can be used to power machines and weapons.
    - When mixed with natural gas, liquid Azerite can harden quickly making it easy to obtain.
    - Earth elementals go crazy if Azerite is infused into them.
    - Ancients, being connected to the world, are pained by the presence of Azerite.
    - Wielding Azerite makes one feel exultant and calm. It also increases one's endurance and provides them with an abundance of energy, increases comprehension by heightening insight, and also increases alertness, control, logic, strength, and dexterity.
    - It can neutralize poisons and cannot be broken with swords, hammers, or goblin shredders.
    - Azerite can become depleted.
    wow.gamepedia.com/azerite

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Where's the fun in just googling it when you can ask others and have a conversation? :<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Where's the fun in just googling it when you can ask others and have a conversation? :<
    Because there is no conversation to be had.

It quite literally is "what is this" with tens of hundreds of replies of "this is what it is".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post

Azerite is powerful for the same reason Saronite is powerful in-lore: when you have the magic-infused blood of a metaphysical entity being forged into weapons of war, you're infusing all that magic into those weapons and explosives, too. In Azerite's case, it essentially functions as a force multiplier when used in siege machines and a 'new powers as the plot demands' do-everything miracle element when used with the Heart of Azeroth.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If Azerite is Azeroth's blood, does that mean the Well of Eternity was all liquid Azerite as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    If Azerite is Azeroth's blood, does that mean the Well of Eternity was all liquid Azerite as well?

Yes. The Well of Eternity supercharged many things, including the evolution of life. It took humanity hundreds of thousands of years to evolve. Within 10,000 of the Well's creation we had numerous sentient races including the first empire builders.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Before the Storm gets into the most detail about it, but as a basic rule,

Thing + Azerite = Better Thing.

Mix it with a little poison? Antivenom. Mix it with a lot of poison? Super-poison that destroys things in seconds. Mix it with armor? Nigh-indestructible armor. And so forth.

its azeroth's blood. as for why it's powerful no one knows. the most powerful thing anyone seems to do with is is blow open a metal gate. it's basically just regular gunpowder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Before the Storm gets into the most detail about it, but as a basic rule,

Thing + Azerite = Better Thing.

Mix it with a little poison? Antivenom. Mix it with a lot of poison? Super-poison that destroys things in seconds. Mix it with armor? Nigh-indestructible armor. And so forth.
    Probably one of the only decent things to come out of that story, showing exactly why Azerite sparked a war between factions. That stuff is like Vibranium on crack that can be used in every imaginable way possible.

But it probably can't un-disenchant something, sorry Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah pretty much, the Well was very diluted Azerite.
    The original one wasn't diluted, the new one is.

either it's a silly super material or the best drug ever.... that's about all the development it got.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    either it's a silly super material or the best drug ever.... that's about all the development it got.
    Because it doesn't really need more, since it automatically takes all the development of the sunwell, well of eternity etc. as well, since these are also Azeroth blood related. So its potential was pretty much known from the get go.

Deleted
    One reason why the Well of Eternity would not be pure azerite could be, that the titans were around to help the wounded world-soul.
    We know from Gallywix that azerite gets most of its titan-juice from Azeroth being critically injured. Prior to the cataclysm, the goblins dug deeeep and actually uncovered a bit of azerite, however it immediately became inert. The azerite only retains its power now that Azeroth is in critical state and the power is constantly leaking.
    I would imagine tons of azerite did form around the wound, but as the titanforged worked to mend the world, it quickly turned dull and inert.
    The Well of Eternity was basically neatly sanitized and stitched up while Silithus: The Wound was left festering and not allowed to heal.

It is probably not what Blizzard was thinking (my guess is just that they didn't think about it), but it makes sense to me
    Last edited by mmoc3d6c24f757; 2018-09-16 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Badly formulated