Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    "everyone made 12 alts and abused mission tables"

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    10 million people thought it was worth it last year.

I bet 10 million also think so this year.

Buddy, you're far outnumbered here.

I always buy it years I don't go, this year i'll be one of the 30,000 going just like 2015.

I'm hyped.
    maybe not?

keep in mind it's not even an expansion year

so I bet 10 mil wont buy it now.

bought it last year wont this year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Buying it with WoW gold. Problem solved.
    Sounds like waste of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why should I skip it? If I skip it, I won't have the in-game stuff.
    Use the ticket for actual WoW (Or Overwatch, or whatever the fuck you play) updates. Not on some in game items.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Buying it with WoW gold. Problem solved.
    Not if you don't play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Cost me 0$ since I have millions of gold. Bought tokens, converted to b.net balance currency. EZ game.
    Yeah, but it kinda did, in fact, you made blizzard more money, instead of 50, you made them $80. they really are brilliant. Also, unless gold making brings you great joy, you technically worked in the game for whatever amount of time it took to make 500kg. let's say 5 hours? you were paid $15 dollars an hour by blizzard.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    I agree with you that if more games were added to blizzcon, a price raise would be more than fair. As you say, overwatch wasn't added to the roster of blizzard games shown until 2 years ago. if they did increase the price for the virtual ticket back then, I doubt people would've cared to such a degreee. Because that meant more content, but they didn't. For two years, we've gotten that content for a solid price tag of 40$ and 30€. Overwatch is not something new anymore. Now we can ask ourselves, why do we want to pay more for something we used to get before?
    bet you 100 dollars they would have. And that is part of my point.
    Yes the price going up is not something great. But acting like its the end of the world is also wrong. And a lot of people in this thread act like they are not getting their money's worth. i call 2 mounts ( or 3), 1 pet, some other stuff for games, 1 skin + % off the goody bag + seeing the show live is a good deal for 50 or even 60 bucks.
    And that is the fun part btw....people do not talk about the fact that they goody "bag" you can get is 10 bucks cheaper...

But why would I buy all the items one by one, when I could just buy the ones that interests me the most and save money? Not sure where this was headed, sorry.
    Simple...because its a package deal its cheaper. If you by 2 mounts and the skin you have paid more already. % wise you pay more for them seperate...And then people will start threads like:....my solo bought blizzcon mount is x% more expensive then what it is in the virtual ticket thing.

Let the past be the past? What they did years ago has little to no relevance when we are talking about present times. You simply cannot compare that way. Let's say you bought a painting from an artist 6 years ago, would that make it so you got less for your money compared to what the artist can illustrate in his paintings 6 years later? No it doesn't, nor does it make it so you get more for having waited 6 years, because there's always improvements. There's a time and a place for everything. Sure, the same thing could be said about blizzcon and it's virtual ticket, I'll ask you this then. If you can tell me one thing they've added to make this experience somehow any different from last year to explain the price raise, by all means inform me. Last I checked, Blizzcon is from 2. nov. 2018 – 3. nov. 2018 same length as last year.
    it does, it shows how the stuff has been growing in the virtual goody bags, but the price has not.
    And they they added more pannels to watch...so there is more to see. :S:S

I do agree with you, but they haven't announced any new games, have they? So it boils down to what ifs. And ingame stuff? But the ingame stuff have been the same as always. You get exclusive ingame stuff in WoW, HotS, diablo and HearthStone and then timed-exclusive ingame stuff for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered. How is this getting more compared to last year?
    Nope, and maybe they will not. Maybe they will.
    Nothing i was talking about how the price did not went up when overwatch joined. So maybe they choose not to raise it that year. but give us a gift of a less expensive blizzcon.

Believe it or not, but the price of the virtual ticket was somewhat expensive even before overwatch. Every year there's always been streaming issues, which they just can't seem to fix. I doubt this year will be any different
    Then you should check your internet. Because i have never had any problems.
    And that is my point it was expensive ( relative) before OW, then it got cheaper ( for getting more for the same price), and now its back to old levels.

The problem is, they don't. They objectively give less for a higher price, at least for right now. The increase of the price makes no sense since some of the items will be available to people who did not purchase the virtual ticket, which beats the purpose of Blizzcon virtual tickets. It’s supposed to be an exclusive and premium experience with rewards but apparently not at the moment.
    And now you are talking in what if's. how do you know they are not giving more or less?
    And a good portion of the rewards are exclusive. And if you read my post. If you buy the seperate it will cost you more then a package deal.

And again people are crying because a game maker decide's to give some exclusive stuff for a bit more money then last year . And people start crying. Its not a weapon, gear or anything else that gives you a edge ingame. So its not mandetory to get. Its for fans who are willing to pay for it. You do not have to buy if you do not want to. Its that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    You play too much.
    The price for a +10 boost last week was 1 million gold. For ~ 40-60 Minutes of "work", where you also improved your own character. Thats 250k per Person per ~50 minutes. Doesn't soundblike I have to play THAT much ror a few million gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    What else would you buy with gold? It has no value ingame and as long as you do not play hearthstone it is bot that hard to max out your b.net account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    What it's like to watch Blizzcon via the virtual ticket:

Host 1: Ok, let's go to the WoW panel.
    Wow Panel: ... and this year we are going to have a pinkish dragon mount to complement the red one we already have...
    Host 1: Oh... my... god! A pink mount! That's incredible, I can't believe it. This is so amazing.
    Host 2: I know, it just keeps getting better and better! They're really topping themselves this year... I just jizzed my pants!
    Host 1: Me too! 17th time today!
    And that's why you don't watch the channel with the hosts and instead watch the individual panels.

That said, I very much doubt I'll get the VT this year. Just not enough incentive for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What else would you buy with gold? It has no value ingame and as long as you do not play hearthstone it is bot that hard to max out your b.net account
    Sell it for Real life Money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You can't legally do that.
    True but what’s the point if you don’t get punished?

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    I have gold to waste. Besides, actual money > Gold in WoW.

edit: Provided the in-game rewards are good, that is.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-09-16 at 06:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what the in-game goods for the virtual ticket this year is yet? Or has it not been revealed yet? I look forward to those always!

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Does anyone know what the in-game goods for the virtual ticket this year is yet? Or has it not been revealed yet? I look forward to those always!

I guess some Naga/Azshara/Old God inspired Murloc again

With how bad of a start BFA is off to, they should be paying us $50 to watch Blizzcon so they can show us how they are going to fix the game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Can anyone tell me this- are the virtual tickets unlimited? That is, they do not "sell out" do they?
    No, they dont.
    but same reason as to why the virutal games dont cost literally nothing compared to phsyical.

also we will have to see what the blizzcon rewards are this year, who knows they may have stepped it up a notch, and if so that extra money will be well worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not revealed, why I am holding my judgement until we see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, they dont.
    but same reason as to why the virutal games dont cost literally nothing compared to phsyical.

also we will have to see what the blizzcon rewards are this year, who knows they may have stepped it up a notch, and if so that extra money will be well worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not revealed, why I am holding my judgement until we see.
    Yeah same here. My friend is kicking himself for not getting that 2-person Blizzcon mount from last year, that felt incredible for the price compared to special murlocs (though I really love those too and kick myself for not getting Murkidan), but I always wait till they reveal what's in it for Virtual Ticket before purchasing.

Yeah same here. My friend is kicking himself for not getting that 2-person Blizzcon mount from last year, that felt incredible for the price compared to special murlocs (though I really love those too and kick myself for not getting Murkidan), but I always wait till they reveal what's in it for Virtual Ticket before purchasing.
    2 mounts alone "are worth 50$" if we go off shop value, so then everyhting else ontop of that.
    also the second 2 perosn flying mount that is not a transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    Rich people don't get rich or stay rich by wasting money on bad buys. Paying too much for something because "its not a big deal" is why they get away with charging that price in the first place.

I'm not buying the Virtual Ticket untill I see the things that we'll recieve for it and they need to at least match last year's items for me to buy one.

Even though I can easily afford one, both through real life money and gold in the game, I think they need to seriously reconsider these pricing decisions. Giving €10 off for people who will be able to buy Blizzard items, but then increasing the price for those that are buying the Virtual Ticket because they can't be there in the first place, makes little sense from a standpoint of fair customer treatment.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-17 at 03:07 AM.