Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    All you people stressed out about nintendo's bullshit should play some dragonquest 11.

Hard to be mad at the world when you're listening to a story about how a mage is now a young girl because draining magic means you turn into a young child with pony tails. And even if you get that magic back, you're still a little cutie.

Not because its made in Japan and they wanted a little girl character or anything. Its for lore reasons
    I can't. Draconian mode is kicking my ass and I've only just finished Gondolia.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I can't. Draconian mode is kicking my ass and I've only just finished Gondolia.
    grinding help you out you reckon?

The damage some of the mobs/enemies do is pretty crazy. Puts you on the back foot all fight. Also how do you rez people in combat lolz I know about the statue way

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Last I checked, even TF2 didn't have official Valve servers until a few years ago, or at least they were rather scattered and very few in numbers.

Perhaps it depends on the game itself, but all the ones I'm thinking of those still fall on the company itself (FF:ARR and Path of Exile as two examples)
    Oh mah lord you don't really think MS, Sony or Nintendo will host servers for 3rd party games do you?

Right?

So since we know you must know this factual point why are you goal post moving to this?

If a game is steamworks(and this is far, far more then just valve published games) then Steam is doing everything for it and more then Nintendo's online service does for it's 3rd party games.

Spoiler alert: Dark Souls Remastered is not going to be running on some magical unicorn Nintendo servers simply because Nintendo is charging you to play it online.

If you want to get down and dirty then lets tell the absolute truth, no Nintendo first party game even has dedicated servers. Sony and MS first party games do at least.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-16 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh mah lord you don't really think MS, Sony or Nintendo will host servers for 3rd party games do you?

Right?

So since we know you must know this factual point why are you goal post moving to this?

If a game is steamworks(and this is far, far more then just valve published games) then Steam is doing everything for it and more then Nintendo's online service does for it's 3rd party games.

Spoiler alert: Dark Souls Remastered is not going to be running on some magical unicorn Nintendo servers simply because Nintendo is charging you to play it online.
    I never claimed any of them handle 3rd party servers.

My point was Valve barely handled their own servers originally, TF2 being the example.
    That's not goalpost moving.

My point was Valve barely handled their own servers originally, TF2 being the example.
    Valve has handled serverside matters for over a decade now at least. At this point it's more difficult to come by a game taht doesn't have Steamworks doing it's online services than not.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

No, TF2 not having official dedicated servers(YEARS AGO to boot) is not a point at all when literally NO nintendo published game has dedicated servers.

That is goal post moving, and it's not even goal post moving that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Valve has handled serverside matters for over a decade now at least. At this point it's more difficult to come by a game taht doesn't have Steamworks doing it's online services than not.
    Then they must have stepped it up quite a bit, and that's good on them to.

I still feel they're not quite comparable though, otherwise neither PS+ or Xbox Live have value either then in comparison.

No, TF2 not having official dedicated servers(YEARS AGO to boot) is not a point at all when literally NO nintendo published game has dedicated servers.

That is goal post moving, and it's not even goal post moving that makes sense.
    Alright, if you want to believe that go ahead.

It's not what it is, but you can believe that. I find this whole thing silly at this point since all of it started off of me just asking a simple question without meaning a debate, and yet all it is now is "GOAL POSTS, GOAL POSTS, GOAL POSTS" when I didn't have any real goal except trying to understand why you think they're similar.

Also not sure why "years ago" is suddenly an issue when you used the PS3 as an example.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-09-16 at 05:29 PM.

Then they must have stepped it up quite a bit, and that's good on them to.

I still feel they're not quite comparable though, otherwise neither PS+ or Xbox Live have value either then in comparison.
    PS+ and XBL don't have value in the pay wall for online play. They have value in the discounts and games you get. Hell PS+ had around 20 million subs before the PS4 ever existed and pay walled online behind it, that alone speaks to it's value.

The thing is Sony and MS realized they needed to add value to the service to warrant pay walling the online. Nintendo is basically like "okay! same as before! pay me money! will get some shitty 8 bit games in return!" LMFAO.

PS+ and XBL don't have value in the pay wall for online play. They have value in the discounts and games you get. Hell PS+ had around 20 million subs before the PS4 ever existed and pay walled online behind it, that alone speaks to it's value.

The thing is Sony and MS realized they needed to add value to the service to warrant pay walling the online. Nintendo is basically like "okay! same as before! pay me money! will get some shitty 8 bit games in return!" LMFAO.
    While I think SNES games would have been a far better choice myself, along with N64, this would just go back to the difference in price too.

It's $40 difference between the two. If you think you get more bang for your buck from the PS+/XBL sub that's fine, I would agree, but it shouldn't be surprising that some people are fine with getting less value while spending less money.

Which goes back to why this bothers me, especially when you get people like Jt making it into a moral high ground "You're fine with this, so you're everything that's wrong with gaming!" type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Even though this is a few days old, I want to go back to this.

If you think it's just the furries pushing for Isabelle in Smash, you are looking at a very Smash portion of the Animal Crossing fanbase.

People love Isabelle because she's expressive, hard-working, and moe. Her Smash reveal trailer shows off all of the points that make her popular.

You also see her a lot, not as much in-game (you only really need to see her during holidays or mayor/town related duties), but when you boot up your town she is the second animal you see outside of the random one at the title screen.
    i get that alot of people only played new leaf but animal crossing has been around for awhile. theres a LONG list of of recurring characters that shouldve been included before the overglorified sexist trope that isabella is.

she has no personality or character of her own aside from "yes mister mayor" the only time she ever even remotely disagrees with you is when she literally cant like putting something on a cliff.

Nook himself
    Timmy and Tommy
    Celeste
    Brewster
    Gracie
    Mable, Sable, or Labelle (or all 3?)
    Fucking Reese and Cyrus would have been better
    Tortimer
    Kapp'n
    I just feel like of all the characters who would do any kind of combat, Isabelle is dead last
    I'd take fucking Zipper over her
    Pave
    fucking
    SELENE
    over her

- - - Updated - - -

While I think SNES games would have been a far better choice myself, along with N64, this would just go back to the difference in price too.

It's $40 difference between the two. If you think you get more bang for your buck from the PS+/XBL sub that's fine, I would agree, but it shouldn't be surprising that some people are fine with getting less value while spending less money.

Which goes back to why this bothers me, especially when you get people like Jt making it into a moral high ground "You're fine with this, so you're everything that's wrong with gaming!" type of thing.
    i would gladly pay 60 a year if i got gamecube games instead
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"You're fine with this, so you're everything that's wrong with gaming!" type of thing.
    Quote me saying this.

Link to the post.

Until then I take this as a white flag, because you have made no valid points and now are blatantly putting words in my mouth that where never posted.

Nice try sunshine, goal post moving doesn't work so throw in a straw man for good measure.

The reality is Nintendo's online service is shit and they now expect you to pay for it with limited value added and no improvements made. Their shit is miles behind the PS3, which was bad as it was, and Sony knew it was bad which is why they never pay walled it.

You have yet to even attempt to disprove the fact Nintendo's online system is shit, and now they expect people to pay for it because you get some shitty 8 bit games as part of the deal. So yea, pretty much done with the debate because it doesn't exist. The service is bad, I give a shit less if you pay for it or not when I'm saying that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-16 at 07:25 PM.

And in today's exhibit of "I didn't read the post and snipped out of context lines"-

Quote me saying this.

Link to the post.

Until then I take this as a white flag, because you have made no valid points and now are blatantly putting words in my mouth that where never posted.

Nice try sunshine, goal post moving doesn't work so throw in a straw man for good measure.
    especially when you get people like Jt making it into a moral high ground
    Jt
    If you want to actually discuss stuff fine, but twisting words and then cherrypicking statements while accusing others of strawmanning isn't cool.

And no, saying "why this bothers me" does not suddenly make it about you. I'm talking about the overall topic, not just what YOU are saying.

You have yet to even attempt to disprove the fact Nintendo's online system is shit, and now they expect people to pay for it because you get some shitty 8 bit games as part of the deal. So yea, pretty much done with the debate because it doesn't exist. The service is bad, I give a shit less if you pay for it or not when I'm saying that.
    Almost as if I never said from the start that it was great, just that I don't see why people are so negative about it and throwing a fit.

Yes I am taking a "Moral high ground" because Nintendo's service is factually shit and yet people like you are ok paying for it because "Its just $20 bra".

You have been wrong factually every step of the way when it comes to NO,TWEYT (Besides the percent price, I was wrong there I shouldn't post when I'm half asleep) and other 3rd party services.

Giving gaming company's money when they do a shitty service is what is wrong, You are doing that so you are part of it.

You even half handed defended them putting the NES Joy-Con's behind a fucken paywall by saying (Well it is a gate for scalpers) like that will actually do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost as if I never said from the start that it was great, just that I don't see why people are so negative about it and throwing a fit.
    Because we expect the bare basic's at lease, I guess you don't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment when you get stuck in game mission only 2 npcs to finish a community .
    ....so many sidequests tho..ugh. On bright side simple fetch sidequests usualy turn into something big later. (from other npc)

........also i need sleep...i was playing for 25-30h in just 3 days that game came out.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes I am taking a "Moral high ground" because Nintendo's service is factually shit and yet people like you are ok paying for it because "Its just $20 bra".

You have been wrong factually every step of the way when it comes to NO,TWEYT (Besides the percent price, I was wrong there I shouldn't post when I'm half asleep) and other 3rd party services.

Giving gaming company's money when they do a shitty service is what is wrong, You are doing that so you are part of it.

You even half handed defended them putting the NES Joy-Con's behind a fucken paywall by saying (Well it is a gate for scalpers) like that will actually do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we expect the bare basic's at lease, I guess you don't.
    That's like complaining that you need to have a WoW sub to buy WoW mounts.

The NES controllers serve no purpose if you don't have Nintendo online already anyway.
    And it's hard for me to be "factually wrong" when the only incorrect claim I made was that TWEWY was $30 not $40.

That's like complaining that you need to have a WoW sub to buy WoW mounts.
    Fun fact, You can buy the mounts without needing a sub. So dumb comparison is dumb.

You know for a person who said they can't stand all the negative posts here you have yet to leave and you have been wrong about a lot of things and everyone for the past few pages have pointed that out to you.

I'm not repeating myself over and over on this.

Its clear your just not going to learn and just keep screaming 'Its only $20 bra".
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Fun fact, You can buy the mounts without needing a sub. So dumb comparison is dumb.

You know for a person who said they can't stand all the negative posts here you have yet to leave and you have been wrong about a lot of things and everyone for the past few pages have pointed that out to you.

I'm not repeating myself over and over on this.

Its clear your just not going to learn and just keep screaming 'Its only $20 bra".
    And yet you keep quoting me to drag me back in.
    Maybe, just maybe stop quoting me and I'll stop coming back in?

For someone who keeps saying "YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS", all you did was echo what Tech said, not really contribute much on your own and what you DID claim was faulty, which was the "price hike" of TWEWY and the amount of content being added.

No one is screaming here that "It's only $20!!!". It's a simple fact, if you feel the need to make it hostile like that I'm not sure there's a point in me trying to discuss it.

Surprise surprise, a cheaper service doesn't pay out as much as the more pricey one.

For someone who keeps saying "YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS", all you did was echo what Tech said, not really contribute much on your own and what you DID claim was faulty, which was the "price hike" of TWEWY and the amount of content being added.

No one is screaming here that "It's only $20!!!". It's a simple fact, if you feel the need to make it hostile like that I'm not sure there's a point in me trying to discuss it.

Surprise surprise, a cheaper service doesn't pay out as much as the more pricey one.
    Honestly man, the best you can do when you see the same people whine and rage about stupid shit in this thread, is laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i would gladly pay 60 a year if i got gamecube games instead
    I do expect other games from other systems eventually, but any console game post Gamecube and any 3DS game likely runs into the risk of Nintendo putting out a $50 to $60 HD remaster of the game with additional content, rather than putting it into the system.

The only games I don't see getting said treatment are SEGA, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash, and Pokemon games, the SEGA games will likely be put under the SEGA Ages label,and the latter 4 series will just have additional online functionality added to their existing systems.

Also, I expect any N64 onward games will be added to the Switch Online starting as early as 2020 and not any earlier. I'd be glad to be wrong, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's something a bit helpful for buying Switch Online that people have found out:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo...id/22521/p/897

Can I use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase the Nintendo Switch Online membership?

Gold Points can be used when purchasing a membership in the Nintendo eShop. They cannot be used for auto-renewal.
    For a $60 game, you get 300 points or $3 if you buy it digitally, and 60 points $0.60 if you buy it physically.

That means, if you buy 7 $60 games digitally, you will pay off the year subscription fee and still have 100 points or a $1 left to use.

Or you can buy 1 digital game and 2 physical games and have enough to pay off the monthly fee with about $0.20 left over.

Good if you buy enough games in one year to use them for the subscription service.

Actually you said "its only $20" many times acting like that somehow defends nintendo's shit service or helps your argument at all. Also if you don't want people replying to you then stop speaking.

Also news flash just because two people say things that are the same (or close to it) it doesn't mean one is echoing the other.

I admitted the percent I gave to TWEWY was wrong. You have yet to admit Nintendo's service is shit even compared to free services even tho its been pointed out to you on how its shit. I would say for a mod I would expect better but honestly the moderation on this site is shit at best anyway.

Also I found it quite funny you tried to compare it to TLOU Remaster acting like it helped you. But then I proved to you how fucken stupid that was and you backed down, Then you made your WoW mount comment that once again was wrong (because u can buy them without needing a sub).

So here ill do this ill be the bigger man and end it here since its clear you will defend every shit that Nintendo takes and you will defend halfassed ports of 11 year old games.

You and johnhoftb both do that shit and honestly when your both gone the thread is much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    That means, if you buy 7 $60 games digitally, you will pay off the year subscription fee and still have 100 points or a $1 left to use.
    Please do tell me how spending $420 (before tax and LOL at it being $420) a year to save $20 is a deal (If you buy digital). Its not and Jesus fucken Christ you should work for Nintendo's marketing team.