Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    I just have to say i respect your dedication to being limit's beat-writer. Want a g-invite?
    what does it feel like to commit patricide?

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Timing of Ghuun nerf will determine the winner. It's all about who Blizzard wants to win.
    ideally I'd like Blizz to wait with the nerf hammer until guilds racing can reach him without using runes and have the whole raid use them on ghuun and see how impossible he is.

6 warlocks, jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Timing of Ghuun nerf will determine the winner. It's all about who Blizzard wants to win.
    Given when hotfixes happen that will be eu they get the hotfix at the perfect time for them it's why they took KT and Cthun over DnT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    10 Limit raiders left Ghuun for a couple minutes to go to Arathi Highlands. Why would they do that?
    edit: it was like 4 raiders and 6 casual members but they were sitting with half a raid in Uldir for the duration
    Trinket is god tier for specific classes.

inb4 the Russians get World First

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    My bad you like watching terrible human beings on a terrible platform. You do have 1,767 posts on mmo-c arguably considered the cess pit of off site forums for wow. So it fits I guess. Just take a gander at the off topic threads LUL

assuming 5m subs .03% OF THE POPULATION OF WOW. LUL

And esports is a joke in itself. Just lol if you like esports. How's that over watch professional league going?
    There are nowhere near 5 mil in subs anymore lul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    If the info that they going back to work tomorrow ia true, then method wins (if they dont kill it today)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately that's what often why US guilds just can't finish it our bosses tend to be much less understanding about taking 2 to 3 weeks off to play a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Pretty sure they did that because some NA raider started making EU taunts :P
    Also: the Twitch spammers LOVE that kind of taunting, so not sure it's a bad thing.
    There are literally two na teams that day raids past day one and they don't stream so unless it was coming from someone in limit or easy/wcg it was unjustified. No NA raider would go lul EU when we haven't been EU since empress and that wasn't even a real end boss. As far as appealing to twitch spammers go can you possibly appeal to a lower form of life?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What are you talking about? EU vs NA fuels so many esports out there!
    It's one sided EU constantly bashes NA for basically no reason. NA enjoys our victories but most of us are never like lul eu is trash like 90% of the eu fanbase does.

Stop trying to play the moral high ground, just read this thread when Method was struggling on Mythrax.

Just as many NA people shit talking EU as there are EU shit talking NA, it's anything but one sided.

EU people get pissed off at the NA people constantly making up excuses, calling out what they see as EU favourism, playing their favourite well we have to work for a living card.

After over a decade it gets very old.

Hell you did it in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deicoy View Post
    6 warlocks, jesus christ.
    Only 6? That's almost balanced by progress standards.

class stacking is a big part of the reason i'll never understand why people take these races seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So are they trying to do the entire upper part just by warlock gates?
    You get a debuff from using the gate once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Only 6? That's almost balanced by progress standards.
    kinda what happens when no other caster is really tuned that well in terms of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

They are likely having 6 locks up stairs with Inevitable Demise and corrupting the cysts and drain lifing of the boss, takes 6 people of the floor and they can't be target by mechanics up their.

I mean 3x SO WiA is probably better damage but having 6 locks avoid mechanics is quite valuable to every one else in the raid.

Stop trying to play the moral high ground, just read this thread when Method was struggling on Mythrax.

Just as many NA people shit talking EU as there are EU shit talking NA, it's anything but one sided.

EU people get pissed off at the NA people constantly making up excuses, calling out what they see as EU favourism, playing their favourite well we have to work for a living card.

Hell you did it in your post.
    Where did I shit talk method? They are very good but the top 5 pretty much all have the same caliber of players with a few outliers in each guild like Roger for strats and Gingi for multiclass but always top tier dps. Limit has the same type of people so does WCG and Exorsus. Multi week races are a significant issue for the US because most 9-5s you start with 2 weeks of vacation time and after 5 plus years with the same company might get up 3 or 4 weeks. EU laws are much more pro worker. When you can expect 2 to 3 races a year it becomes undoable to take 2 weeks off for more than one at most. Plus the best way to get a raise in the us is to zigzag between companies since companies will offer outside candidates better salaries than internal ones. It's if you will excuse my language fucked.
    Last edited by Xath; 2018-09-17 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Where did I shit talk method? They are very good but the top 5 pretty much all have the same caliber of players with a few outliers in each guild like Roger for strats and Gingi for multiclass but always top tier dps. Limit has the same type of people so does WCG and Exorsus. Multi week races are a significant issue for the US because most 9-5s you start with 2 weeks of vacation time and after 5 plus years with the same company might get up 3 or 4 weeks. EU laws are much more pro worker. When you can expect 2 to 3 races a year it becomes undoable to take 2 weeks off for more than one at most. Plus the best way to get a raise in the us is to zigzag between companies since companies will offer outside candidates better salaries than internal ones. It's if you will excuse my language fucked.
    Having lived in both EU and US, I wouldn't say this is even the biggest factor. It's just a different culture for the most part. People in the EU can be really passionate about their hobbies, my experience from the US is that people rarely are serious about much past their work and/or family. They are also a lot more social, which explains why people in EU would invest much more time into a game. Several people I've played with even straight up decided to quit jobs when progress came, I think people in the US would have a hard time understanding that. Again, the difference is mostly cultural.

NA working more on average than EU isn't an excuse it's a fact. After ten years maybe EU should start taking pride in their better working conditions. NA is basically third world when it comes to their conditions.

EU like to take this high ground like their God's gift to WoW raiding and so much better than anyone else, but skill level across every level is basically even. EU just have more raiders than NA by a fair margin and can dedicate more time across the board to raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Having lived in both EU and US, I wouldn't say this is even the biggest factor. It's just a different culture for the most part. People in the EU can be really passionate about their hobbies, my experience from the US is that people rarely are serious about much past their work and/or family. They are also a lot more social, which explains why people in EU would invest much more time into a game. Several people I've played with even straight up decided to quit jobs when progress came, I think people in the US would have a hard time understanding that. Again, the difference is mostly cultural.
    The cultural difference comes down to NA has terrible work conditions for the average citizen and most of them are stressed because in a lot of places even working a full time job isn't enough to get by. A lot of people in NA don't take anything other work and family seriously because they just don't have the time to invest in anything else.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post

You do realize the EU is not a single country with uniform regulations? Where I come from, if you announced to your employer that you are taking a week's worth of holiday at a time that is not suitable for the company, you'd be out of your job before you could say Uldir. D

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only take 1 gate per 2 minutes. So you basically need either a minimum of 2 warlocks or a bunch of monks and warriors. We can all agree though that warlocks are disgustingly OP, especially in this fight, considering also that they can just drain life snipe the shit out of 1 target without doing mechanics and without needing healers, and they can do the best 30 second burst out of any class to bring the boss during the burn phase under 20%.

The drain life trait nerf is coming any day now though, at least on G'huun. It's otherwise fine on everything else.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2018-09-17 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    You can only take 1 gate per 2 minutes. So you basically need either a minimum of 2 warlocks or a bunch of monks and warriors. We can all agree though that warlocks are disgustingly OP, especially in this fight, considering also that they can just drain life snipe the shit out of 1 target without doing mechanics and without needing healers, and they can do the best 30 second burst out of any class to bring the boss during the burn phase under 20%.

The drain life trait nerf is coming any day now though, at least on G'huun. It's otherwise fine on everything else.
    Not a single WL is using that trait. Neither from Limit nor from Method. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    You do realize the EU is not a single country with uniform regulations? Where I come from, if you announced to your employer that you are taking a week's worth of holiday at a time that is not suitable for the company, you'd be out of your job before you could say Uldir. D
    It's likely where you come from there aren't many if any method raiders then. Also most of the top end raiders are working actual jobs not wage slave ones they do tend to have skills especially in comp sci areas.

Also those 2 weeks I'm talking about are for skilled workers you don't really get time off in a wage slave job.
    Last edited by Xath; 2018-09-17 at 08:07 AM.

I also agree, that whilst there are probably other factors, it mostly comes down to holidays.

The average EU citizen gets 25 days holiday a year (https://www.europeandataportal.eu/en...nnual-holidays)

The average US citizen gets 7 (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/ebs.t05.htm)

Yes there will be individual variance as always, but overall we are looking at the EU players being able to dedicate a lot more time to the race than the average US player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I also agree, that whilst there are probably other factors, it mostly comes down to holidays.

The average EU citizen gets 25 days holiday a year (https://www.europeandataportal.eu/en...nnual-holidays)

The average US citizen gets 7 (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/ebs.t05.htm)

Yes there will be individual variance as always, but overall we are looking at the EU players being able to dedicate a lot more time to the race than the average US player.
    Stop presenting facts, the fact that EU has a larger raider base and more time off isn't the reason. Clearly they were just born on the right soil so they're genetically better than NA.