Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A bet deal is not buying the ticket and saving $50.

That's what confuses me a lot of the time. People see a "deal" like (Buy 2 get the 3rd half off) but yet you really only needed 1. Getting the other 2 isn't a deal cause your spending more then you originally intended or needed to.

Hell in a lot of cases you didn't even see the one, you just think its a good deal.
    I could buy the ticket that will let me watch things

Or I could spend almost the same amount of money on Spider man, or Red Dead, or like 25 copies of Turbo pug 3D, which still sounds more enticing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I'll buy it because I enjoy watching Blizzcon and prefer quick access to a stream of the quality that Blizzard has offered in the past. Everyone who has ever bought a Blizzcon ticket, or anything Blizzard has ever put out, has been laughed at and mocked by countless others so I'm not sure what sense of superiority some people have in this thread when they are on a website primarily dedicated to people who buy, or have bought Blizzard products.

The enjoyment individual people get out of anything is arbitrary so trying to assign an objective value to it is silly. It's worth as much as people will pay for it and just as some people might find greater value spending their money on other things, so do others find that those things are not worth that money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    My favorite kind of customer here! The one who clearly has more money than sense! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya I'm not doing it and I support other people putting their foot down.

$40 was already kind of a slap in the face, $50 is basically them exploiting their fans.

Watch it literally the day after its over on YouTube.
    The day after? Last years was like 2 hrs after. This is why I wont buy it when I can just see it a couple hrs later on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I have gold to waste. Besides, actual money > Gold in WoW.

edit: Provided the in-game rewards are good, that is.
    and this it the main problem for most of people here.

the problem is not throwing 50 $ or 800k gold - the question is if it will be worth it. and unless there is amazing mount in there no its not - for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Does anyone know what the in-game goods for the virtual ticket this year is yet? Or has it not been revealed yet? I look forward to those always!
    nothing reveled yet . they are probably waiting to see how many people will buy without seeing rewards and then put in X amunt of stuff . if to many will buy now we wont get anything nice . simple as that.

Deleted
    Small indie company needs money.

Come on guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You do actually get punished unless you have a unique situation where you can make the trade with someone directly IRL without needing to use the interwebs to set it up.

Still, in that situation, I'd probably be the person buying the gold rather than selling it. In every case where someone comes up with something I could do with $50, I'd still have $50 leftover for BlizzCon.
    I've sold gold. Didn't get punished for it. Made decent money from it too.

That said, you make so little money doing it right now unless you have millions, not really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    I normally buy these, last one was shit so I'll pass this year
    I liked weird Al last year though..

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    $50 to watch what amounts to a multi-day televison commercial for Overwatch. Better hurry up or you'll never get those limited edition portraits for a game you never play!

Proof: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...atchbannerlink
    Yeah, lol, and there are even no any mounts for buying it?

Dunno, why do you guys care about it. There won't be anything interesting on this Blizzcon, except may be some obvious things, like some new info about Vanilla servers. D3, OW, HS, HotS, any new crappy mobile games, etc. aren't interesting for me. It's night in my timezone during Blizzcon, so I usually prefer to sleep during this time and read all consolidated info in the morning.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I liked weird Al last year though..
    Closing ceremony is watchable for free, I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    Ill keep my cash and my gold, got my blizz wallet capped at $100. There will be enough streams elsewhere to worry about buying this. They didn't even say if there was going to be a WoW mount, thats the 1 main reason people would buy it, without that get outa here.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Closing ceremony is watchable for free, I believe?
    Pretty sure the show wasn’t free, had to pay for the talent somehow. Might be wrong, but regardless it’ll be on YouTube for free one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    $50 dollars isn't that much any longer for something like this. Couple of days of news, interviews and stuff plus a lot of game stuff. We looked into tickets to see David Crosby for a couple of hours in November and that started at around $75 per person. I can't really say if being in the same room as a legend but 150 feet away in a balcony is all that much more attractive (+ parking and everything else) than staying at home for two days with some snacks and having a couple of friends over to watch the convention and chat over things.

I won't be buying it this year because there's not really anything going on that I need to see live. It appears to be pretty much a big OverWatch celebration this year and the only thing I'm regularly playing is WoW (and not that much) so I'll give it a pass and catch up with it from the site's coverage. I got it last year for the mount and watched most of it in chunks over the next week. But this year seems to be pretty much a meh for me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So many shekels. They better deliver Indominus Devilsaur with Solar Engine attached to its scuted dick for that price.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The saddest part is seeing adults think $50 is a lot of money.....saddens me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    I live in a rented apartment, don't have a car, in a shit country with a shit salary and 40€ / 50$ is a normal price for the ticket

It's more than sad :/ Especially when there's no obligation to watch it
    Last edited by mmoc91486e5d48; 2018-09-17 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Its sad to see adults say 50 isnt much for permission to watch what they are gona sell you next

Deleted
    You can always watch it for free on some random Twitch streamers channel anyway.

Why pay that much to watch commercials for games?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This is such a degenerate way of looking at this.. like really?
    Wait what? THEY are the degenerate somehow?

At least we all know at least one person who complains on the forums about the price of Long Boi