Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Asking for a boost to max level in the begining of an expansion doesn't make much sense in my opinion...
    They are released to help you skip legacy content or, when the expansion is ending to jump right to the end content to enjoy the last moments of it.

Questing has always been part of RPGs and MMOs... maybe try the other faction, because Zandalar and Kul Tiras leveling experiences are totally different?
    I did Alliance, and tried to level my Dk horde again but got through the intro and just couldn't be bothered doing that BS again, but have always despised the leveling process and questing in general. I loved to dungeon Spam in WOLTK-MOP was the only way to level, now they broke it and it takes too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. They could put 100+ mounts in the store because people absolutely *would* buy them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do a bit of this myself, coming up with little stories about my characters, thinking out their personalities and such. I wish I had more motivation to write.
    Yeah, since I run a D&D game and write for a living, those things come naturally to me. I wish they made something special for the RP community, maybe that would make me join them? Who knows.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2018-09-17 at 03:49 PM. Reason: grammar
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

5+ Year Old Account
    You know one of the big problems that cataclysm had was the fact they revamped every vanilla zone "excluding silithus i think" to tell a new and fascinating story, they used almost every resources that they have on that. BUT people didnt level up more classes, people were power hungry and needed more content in the endgame, thos many of the best quests on WoW were forgotten because a few people leveled new characters (no incentive)

Allied Races and their heritage armor brings a big incentive to level up from scratch PLUS the new scaling leveling system that bring a new experience of leveling without restriction. All of this adding the old cataclysm rework, make leveling actually pretty fun and enjoying now. (I leveled 14 characters on legion after the leveling scalling system)

Now about the POINT of new races, its the class combo phantasy that this races can bring not just for the casual pvp/pve player, but for the roll play standpoint, remember that are servers dedicated to roll playing, and being able to roll play as a Shadow Priest Maghar or a Shattered Hand orc just for fun, clearly makes the allied races a good selling point on this expansion.

Now for my point of view...... i am waiting for a new Paladin race combo for the Horde since cataclysm, i really dislike Tauren paladin and i am tired of the blood elf Paladin, so just crossing the fingers for the Zandalari Paladin or idk another race paladin for the horde idc and a new race combo for druids on the alliance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I no longer enjoy leveling enough to actually level an Allied Race from scratch, and I'm so iffy about this expansion that I don't have enough justification to race-change my higher level characters into the Allied Races.

I guess we'll see what the next patch brings.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just race change it’s what I did as I didn’t feel like lvling as raids were trying to get me to raid and it was free with tokens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    One of the BfA main features are the "new" playable races - most of them,reskinned versions of the current ones. I'm not saying it's bad,variety is fine,but when I start to think about a race/class combo of the unlocked race,I get a question - what is the actual point of even leveling new characters?

When I think about all questing,which is still quite fresh in my memory,and all the gearing process,and the bloody ap and reputation grinds - I realize,that I don't even want to level a new character and go through all the painful process again.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
    They aren't actually new races, they just call them that. They are just different customization options.

Its pretty ridiculous that Zandalari and Fat Humans weren't available at launch.

It worked once and was a "success" so why not make a dozen or two. Nobody would ever get tired of 100 plus hours of pointless, power-progression free levelling....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Its pretty ridiculous that Zandalari and Fat Humans weren't available at launch.
    But that's meant to distract you LATER. You're supposed to be busy grinding faction to open races that you can then devote a couple of work weeks of time to levelling or pay the $60 mitigation fee.

What could possibly go wrong.

I also had 6 horde characters with different classes and 6 alliance characters with the other remaining classes, until Allied races was released.

Allied races made me double my characters, making 12 on each side, because some are really cool, and i want to have some classic race - class combos, and some allied race - class combos.

Besides DKs and DHs who only allow classic races , i race changed some of my old characters to allied races, and am now leveling or waiting for release of new allied races.

Im planning to level them all to 120 eventually! (probably in 2 years time). Having more than one active account also helps

Here is the list i plan to have in the future:

Warrior: Kul Tiran Human (new) - Highmountain Tauren (race change from Tauren)

Paladin: Human - Zandalari Troll (new)

Hunter: Void Elf (new) - Vulpera (race change from Blood Elf)

Shaman: Dark Iron Dwarf (new) - Tauren

Rogue: Worgen - Nightborne

Druid: Night Elf - Zandalari Troll (new)

Monk: Pandaren - Mag'har Orc (new)

Priest: Lightforged Draenei (new) - Blood Elf

Mage: Draenei - Nightborne (new)

Warlock: Void Elf - Goblin

Death Knights: Human - Undead (new)

Demon Hunters: Night Elf (new) - Blood Elf

I also have certain combinations, however I also try to match racial perks with professions. I tried to replace a few with new races but no combination worked. CBA with a complete overhaul, even thou i'd like a few unique names again. All of my chars, i coined their names first. Tholak, Garahn, Rahka. Don't wanna change their identity aka race again just to fit some reskins

I think it's great for people with few toons. If I had slots left I'd have a few already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Yeah, since I run a D&D game and write for a living, those things come naturally to me. I wish they made something special for the RP community, maybe that would make me joy them? Who knows.
    Well one interesting thing they could add would be a costumizable writing space that would appear attached to the character, whether ingame or online's Blizzard Wow character portait.

We could be allowed to write a description to our character, or even link it to other characters, or an instagram like archive for the characters (for the lols). It would be cool for raiders or photos will guidmates and friends... or when you win a hard pvp duel or something like that! Or even just for RP purposes only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post
    I also have certain combinations, however I also try to match racial perks with professions. I tried to replace a few with new races but no combination worked. CBA with a complete overhaul, even thou i'd like a few unique names again. All of my chars, i coined their names first. Tholak, Garahn, Rahka. Don't wanna change their identity aka race again just to fit some reskins

I think it's great for people with few toons. If I had slots left I'd have a few already.
    For me, it is nice when racials enhance the character's professions or class, but if i don't enjoy that class race combo or prefer the aethetics of another class race combo, i just won't play that one. I must feel a connection to that character, or else ill end up race changing it later on.

Btw, i always reserve my characters names months in advance as well

Deleted
    Well, i have unlocked all the first four allied races the moment they went live, but i can see where he is coming from.
    Allied races are a Battle for Azeroth feature... and sold as such. Doing legacy content to get an exclusive feature of the new expansion does feel kind of inconsistent.
    This... There isn't anything else to said, why should a returning player focus on legacy content instead of the new one?

One of the BfA main features are the "new" playable races - most of them,reskinned versions of the current ones. I'm not saying it's bad,variety is fine,but when I start to think about a race/class combo of the unlocked race,I get a question - what is the actual point of even leveling new characters?

When I think about all questing,which is still quite fresh in my memory,and all the gearing process,and the bloody ap and reputation grinds - I realize,that I don't even want to level a new character and go through all the painful process again.

They profit out of people creating alts and going through all the content that's already made. They're just giving people options for playing what they already want, and subraces has been a big thing being asked for. Soon will be class skins IMO.

Anything that gets people rolling an alt is to their benefit. Either people will play their new alt and level them, keeping them subscribed and playing the game during content luls; or they will go the easy route and boost them. Either way, Blizzard benefits. And for the players, it's all optional, so the system works like how most F2P games model their business around the few who pay vs the many who don't.

As for the gating system; I honestly can't figure that part out. I'm guessing they want to control and filter which classes get unlocked; but they're staggering the release of races anyways so I don't fully see the point. I don't know why they even bother adding so much effort into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I like experiencing the game with a new playstyle, and classes indeed offer that moreso than I expected. I like different classes for different reasons.

More characters means more professions, and I can see what they have to offer. I got a lot of transmogs, toys, and even a couple mounts this way, many I didn't even know about. Plus I actually liked the Legion profession questlines, it gave the professions character.

Going back to classes, the class fantasy emphasis of Legion was great, and having some unique class specific content to look forward to got me through some of the more boring parts of leveling.

And that ties into new races because many of them fit a certain class fantasy. I never cared about leveling a paladin until lightforged came out. Paladins perfectly fit that race, so I leveled one and found out I really liked it. Same goes for the nightborne mage and the pandaren monk. As well as my upcoming mag'har shaman, and, if I didn't already have a druid, I probably would have rolled a zandalari one.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-09-17 at 04:41 PM.

I probably have to agree, leveling new characters is a daunting task. Many people are not up for that just to get to the endgame content. You can always boost, that should help right?

It's something people have been asking for for years. (I should note - not me... I don't care) Go back in time on this forum and you'll find loads of people asking for high elves, wildhammer dwarves, maghar orcs etc. Blizzard simply seem to have decided that enough people wanted them that it was worth focusing on racial subtypes for one expansion.

Personally I think it was fine but... the wrong expansion to wheel this out. For a lot of people islands and Warfronts (as well as similar content to legion) have given BFA the feel of a rushed expansion, one designed to reuse old stuff rather than take risks. A couple of brand new races might have countered that but, alas, it was not to be.

I never bought a character boost and never will. There was one other thread specifically about this topic,where I expressed my opinion about the boosted characters - in short, I see the boosted characters empty,without an actual story and background. I usually use my free boost,that comes with the expansion on characters,that are at least above level 20. Also,I feel that by race changing the character loses it's identity,but that's probably me and some other people who think too much and care too much about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    new races are not content to me & I think of them as a waste of development time. There is no point of them at all imo. Current races are more than enough.
    The development time for the allied races is mostly minimal. They are re-using the basic skeletons from already existing models and adding on new skins and recording a few lines of dialog. Outside of one-off issues here or there that requires hands on attention and a very short intro bit.... lets be real, the allied races are not costing us any new content.

Taking that in hand, who cares if blizz keeps pumping them out. They either A) give people who want to level them something new to do, and some people really love that so more power to them OR B) People fork out the money for them...which again I don't mind. Blizz is a company...they exist in the end to make money. If some extra money is pumped in on low development cost things...good for them.

I just don't think they are costing players who don't like them any actual content or doing them any harm. So either enjoy them....or dont.
    Last edited by TickerDS; 2018-09-18 at 05:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Allied races are my favorite part of this xpac!

I love the added diversity, even if some people say they are just carbon copies.
    I like knowing that we are adding to our armies, and that we will continue to carry their cultures with us to new adventures.

It is a huge point for me
    To each their own, of course! It just happens to be my favorite part.

I hate Allied races. Everyone who play the game a bit more seriously wont regrind rep, gear, AP.
    Start leveling now and try to get into a mythic+ group in 3-4 Weeks - good luck with that.
    Its just a waste of our subscription money to grab even more money with race changes.
    Last edited by Mirabai; 2018-09-18 at 09:21 AM.

All marketing to make more money.
    They introduce a lot of races and they refuse to make reputations and a lot of grindy stuff account wide just so players can buy the blizzard services race change, boost etc. Want to test that new cool race lets say troll and kul tiran druid but dont want to lose the time invested in your main buy race change and a lot will do that.
    This is why i am starting to hate this company.