Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Including Alien Resurection, which is by far the worst film in the franchise.
    False. That's the attempted political statement and agenda pushing snoozefest that is Aliens 3.

I said they're closer to a real life version of Wayland Yutani
    This was the perfect comparison. They seem to have their own jacked up moral compass. Everyone else knows its wrong but if you ever read their responses to people's outrage (Battlefront fiasco) they speak like its a totally normal thing as if they aren't preying upon their younger customer base and being shady af.

Loot packs are gambling..........what does that mean for treasure chests/loot chests/bosses in games like Warcraft? There is a change to get a super nice item ......or it could be gold and resources. Seems like Pandora's box to me.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    So after that rant, you end with the fact that "oh hey, they might not actually be breaking the law".

Once again, just because Belgium passed a law does not make it a just, correct, or moral law. EA is challenging this. Until they are actually found guilty in a court lof law, you can call them criminals all you like, but that is simply untrue. New government laws have many times in the past been amended or scrapped altogether because they aren't right.
    Damn man, you bolded half a sentence and completely ignored the other half of it where I addressed this exact point.

You have also continued to completely ignore the fact that multiple other companies and industries are doing the exact same thing and yet are completely ignored by the government. They have been around long before loot boxes, and will continue to be around after this case with EA. Where is the outrage for them? I guess their business practices are perfectly ok. Companies that specifically make games for children, that this law is so keen to focus on. It shows to me that they really don't mean what they say.
    I hate quoting myself, I really do. But since you didn't bother to read it the first time;
    That doesn't mean EA should get away with it, it means those others should be investigated too.
    I mean... How much clearer can I put it?

Regardless, thanks for proving my point. You're cherry picking small snippets of a sentence out of context and constructing an "argument" around it when the point you're attempting to make has already been addressed. You're simply not reading what others are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    False. That's the attempted political statement and agenda pushing snoozefest that is Aliens 3.
    I was alright with Aliens 3, it felt like a suitable ending to the trilogy, one that brought closure to the main story. With that in mind, I thought Alien Resurection was wholly unnecessary. But hey, just my opinion .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! Get rid of the loot box gambling, and say hi to €70 game prices!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Spiderman? God of War? Bloodborne? Horizon Zero Dawn? Witcher? How do these companies manage to make some of the best games of this generation at an affordable price without lootboxes?!?

I was alright with Aliens 3, it felt like a suitable ending to the trilogy, one that brought closure to the main story. With that in mind, I thought Alien Resurection was wholly unnecessary. But hey, just my opinion .
    I'm just messin. Opinions is opinions. They could've stopped at 2 and I'd be happy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That myth is dead. Games can only be cheaper now.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Regardless, thanks for proving my point. You're cherry picking small snippets of a sentence out of context and constructing an "argument" around it when the point you're attempting to make has already been addressed. You're simply not reading what others are writing.
    You keep cherry picking your responses and then accuse me of the same. It's amusing.

So the fact that the other companies have been doing it for decades, and still haven't had anything brought against them vs loot boxes which are in their infancy comparatively, leads you to think they're going to go after the other companies anytime soon? That's hilarious. Especially when Belgian officials have already said they have no plans to legislate against Pokemon or Magic the Gathering despite the fact that they are literally the physical embodiment of a loot box. This is totally about protecting the children. Serious. 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...oot-box-threat

Of couse my country is not on the list because our politicans are usless.

Well I'll give them respect for standing behind their game and their beliefs. Then immediately I insult their lecherous and greedy methods of sucking every cent they can out of their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Uh oh...

Well that's gonna be a massive kick in EA's balls. If just one of those countries wins its going to hurt their pocket hard.

I wonder how many times a gaming company needs to be told to not show their greed before they actually figure that out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh...

Nice to see the UK taking action! Very happy. For once our 'think of the children' attitude pays off lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-18 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Nice to see the UK taking action! Very happy. For once our 'think of the children' attitude pays off lol
    Dunno if the UK would take any further action against lootboxes like we find in Overwatch/Star Wars etc. as we've already looked into the issue and decided our definition of gambling doesn't apply. It looks like the main change is going to be a Europe wide effort to crack down on 3rd party sites that Valve encourage.

The main thrust of the effort is to tackle unregulated skin gambling websites, which is a commendable effort that should be applauded, but it seems that lootboxes are a secondary issue. It does signal that lootboxes going to be looked at more closely by regulators, but perhaps not quite in the context that gamers would like. The wording they used, "Bluring the line between gaming and gambling", does indicate that they want to draw a clear line between which is which. Another commendable effort, having a well defined legal definition of which is which will help the discussion going forwards.

Interesting that it's an international effort. We're likely to see more uniform rules applied to them across the board. Having a clear line in the sand not to cross makes things easier for everyone to work with. I'm not going to hold my breath for EU wide sweeping reforms, but it's good to know that regulators are aware there's a problem, even if they don't intend legislate against it specifically.

You keep cherry picking your responses and then accuse me of the same. It's amusing.
    No u!

10+ Year Old Account
    They stank of gambling and organized corruption right from the start.

Get rid of them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they will get hit hard by this and start selling ip’s I’d love so much for dead space to get out from under them.

Uh oh...

my immediate thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That makes zero fucking sense.
    he's basing it on one of EA's claims, that the addition of lootboxes allowed them to keep their already over-priced garbage at the 60$ price point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guy if they were gonna do that they would have done it a long time ago. They already have season passes and dlc for every game now to make up for that cost. I don't want gambling in any games anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Loot boxes are presence in many games they are just not well known or small amount of people play them so no one bats an eye. It is ridiculous all the hassle ruins the games they produce not the company itself.