Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    No, you can't farm them.
    Then how do i have 3x Revolving Blades on my Demon Hunter and 3x Eyes of Rage amd 2x Unbound Chaos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Then how do i have 3x Revolving Blades on my Demon Hunter and 3x Eyes of Rage amd 2x Unbound Chaos?
    Because you had good RNG? Having one chance a week from various things isn't farming an item. You don't farm a raid multiple times a day/week, nor do you farm a weekly cache.

The more you post the more I think you have an incredibly twisted view on various things in this game, to say the least. Although that isn't an unfair conclusion for somebody who began this thread by white knighting a system that even Blizzard admitted to being flawed.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-09-17 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Because you had good RNG? Having one chance a week from various things isn't farming an item. You don't farm a raid, nor do you farm a weekly cache
    LoL, the pieces didnt magically got in my bags.
    Im doing the content.
    I cant call it "farm" because i cant do the content all day everyday?

I even wasted extra rolls on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, the pieces didnt magically got in my bags.
    Im doing the content.
    I cant call it "farm" because i cant do the content all day everyday?

I even wasted extra rolls on them.
    No, you can't call it "farm." Because you're not farming for the item, you're doing once a week content and getting drops. That's not farming for an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Some people think Vanilla itemization was incredibly fun.
    How is this any different from a Gnomeregan mace being Best in Slot for Molten Core raiding?

Its just funny customization.

It can take you MONTHS to farm this 340 ilvl azerite pieces. I am already doing it.
    Im even stupid enough to waste extra rolls on them.

Its fun...to farm them IMO.
    It's not "fun" it's just something to do.

Game play is fun to me. So as long as I'm having fun just playing the game, I will find different things in the game to do to experience the game play. I don't find WoW's game play alone to be deep or fun enough to warrant spending hours and hours and hours farming the same content for a chance at a piece of gear that will have very little effect on my game play.

I find it fun to be with friends, talking, laughing, working through content and having a good time. THAT'S fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Azerite armor are essentially tier set bonuses.
    Yes and no. They are basically what you get by tossing tier-set bonuses and the netherlight crucible in a blender. A system with a few interesting and gameplay altering bonuses, buried beneath a mountain of uninspired passive junk. On top of that, so many traits are balanced absolutely terribly, meaning the passive boring stuff is often the best choice.

You ARE narrow-minded and naive to believe that this is a bad system.
    The system itself is not the terrible part. It's the implementation of it. From Legion to BfA, they've effectively removed three systems with varying degrees of gameplay impact (set bonuses, legandaries and artifacts), and replaced them with one: The slightly improved netherlight crucible. We got to keep the arguably most boring system from Legion, with a few sprinkles on top.

There will be more bonuses as the expansion progresses.
    So what? What matters right now, is how the system works now, not how it's going to be in 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 or whatever. This mentality of "just wait, it'll get better later", is part of the reason why this system is so half-assed right now. If we have to wait for say 8.3 for the expansion to be good, then why even bother playing it at release?

The fact that we have access to different ways to obtain them regardless of item level makes it more of a consistant system than having to strictly do raids to obtain the bonuses. Caches, weekly chests, pvp, and world quests drop them which is way more than we have ever had.
    That's all fine and dandy. Right until you get 340 in all three slots (which isn't even remotely hard by the way). At that point your options for getting better azerite items, narrows significantly. As it is right now, my options are as follows: Raids, weekly mythic+ chest and weekly pvp cache. Notice how two of these three options are "do a very small amount of work on reset and then wait a week for the slot machine". It's not exactly riveting gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's not "fun" it's just something to do.

Game play is fun to me. So as long as I'm having fun just playing the game, I will find different things in the game to do to experience the game play. I don't find WoW's game play alone to be deep or fun enough to warrant spending hours and hours and hours farming the same content for a chance at a piece of gear that will have very little effect on my game play.

I find it fun to be with friends, talking, laughing, working through content and having a good time. THAT'S fun.
    Welp...once i got them i got a release of dopamine in my brain. So that was fun

You are addicted to gameplay. Me too, i love PvP. Random Battlegrounds and world pvp to be exact.
    But im also addicted to customization.
    And Azerite traits ARE good customization and fun for me.

Its fun being the best demon hunter on the battleground because i have x3 revolving blades.
    Its fun having the best azerite traits for AoE cleave.
    Customization is back.........for some classes. FOR SOME CLASSES because the system was badly implemented. I know
    Shadow priest got butt fuked and several others.

I may be a blizzard fan-boy, but the amount of negative feedback is strictly due to the culture of the internet and society of today. Regardless of political views, which is for children anyways, the amount of freedom we have to say ANNNNYTHING we want has caused us to be the most-possible critical on things that really aren't as bad as we percieve them due to the lack of fear for consqeunce
    The cringe..

You're making a post, with a statement that you don't believe in, purely because you're hoping someone at Blizzard sees this, and somehow respects you for it? Stop trolling.

Ion even said himself that there are flaws in Azerite..

It makes no sense why the set options don't present rotational choices, rather than just being varying degrees of dps increases.

Why is that not fine?

Is incredibly fun this way IMO.
    Fun itemization.
    Reminds me of Vanilla itemization.
    Because upgrades that should be upgrades are not because it's hidden by a azerite grind. That's not relevant to vanilla at all. Sure the mathing part is vanilla esque but the grind is not fine and the traits are boring
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Its fun being the best demon hunter on the battleground because i have x3 revolving blades.
    Its fun having the best azerite traits for AoE cleave.
    You keep constantly throwing around the term "customisation" but at least from those 2 statements you don't seem to understand what i actually means. What you describe there is is picking the highest simming trait for whatever combat type you're facing at the moment. That is neither choice nor customisation. what you're describing there is being the most efficient, optimisation if you will or ... *gasps* min-maxing.

on a side note ... guess what, you can't do any of that in m+

The only thing fine with this system is the fact that it's the same for everyone with no alternatives (read: secondary stats) and everyone must endure.

Honestly if they just change how we acquire the pieces because as of now your only chance to get a higher piece than a 340 is to do the weekly mythic+ and pray or do the raid which honestly as a rogue the traits aren't that great. They also need to work on the traits themselves right now the only incentive to equip a raid piece is the stacking weekly bonus other than that... its kinda boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    You keep constantly throwing around the term "customisation" but at least from those 2 statements you don't seem to understand what i actually means. What you describe there is is picking the highest simming trait for whatever combat type you're facing at the moment. That is neither choice nor customisation. what you're describing there is being the most efficient, optimisation if you will or ... *gasps* min-maxing.

on a side note ... guess what, you can't do any of that in m+
    Thats a...interesting different way of seeing things.
    But isnt having to change gear depending on the content...customization?

Thats a...interesting different way of seeing things.
    But isnt having to change gear depending on the content...customization?
    i wouldn't say so. for me when customisation is when content is static but gear/talents/traits/whateverthefuckyouwannacallit changes for the same exact content.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the fact Ion actually used one of his first public addresses on the subject
    says a lot. suspect they already knew this might happen given the beta feedback
    and its clear BFA needed more time (which they didnt have)

Really can see it getting a massive reworking. Right at this moment is this a system
    thats going to work for the next two years.

Deleted
    You are right. Whinners will be whinners. Did it need rebalance? Of course. But, that is a minor issue (especially when you remember how secondaries were out of control in Legion).

I have said it before and will say again. If you hate BfA or think it's terrible because you think islands are boring, warfronts are boring and azerite traits aren't all tuned, the problem isn't the game, it's you.

Deleted
    i wouldn't say so. for me when customisation is when content is static but gear/talents/traits/whateverthefuckyouwannacallit changes for the same exact content.
    You are asking for a perfect world where different types of play output the same min max performance.
    Thats an impossible world to have...

Different playstyles, different performances...decent customization. Is enough for different people to have fun with.

PSA: Bait threads are getting old.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, dungeon affixes? PVP?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

So you're saying that the affliction warlock trait Inevitable Demise doesn't change your gameplay?

So you're saying that taking Unbound Chaos over Revolving Blades doesn't change your gameplay?

So you're saying that taking Wilderness Survival x3 over Wildfire Cluster doesn't change your gameplay?

So you're saying that taking Streaking Stars x3 over Lively Spirit x3 or Power of the Moon x3 doesn't change your gameplay?

Imagine being so BLINDLY bitter and angry that you say things without even taking into consideration what you're actually saying. You just look stupid now for saying that.
    Now go and compare those, with the set bonuses we've received in previous expansion.

You've cherry-picked the scant, scant handful of half-decent azerite traits, and they still barely stack up.