Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azerite is killing this Xpac for me

So do i just hold on to the 40 pieces of azerite gear i have while blizzard tries to salvage this game?

This is so exhausting and old already. STOP changing things and just deal with the fact that you ruined BFA with Azerite traits and embrace it.

15+ Year Old Account
    ohhh, another unique and interesting thread....

OT: Someone sounds upset about the nerfs to some of the traits...

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-september-17/

Changes were needed, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crap threads are killing this Xpac for me
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post

Why wouldn't we be? We sent all this time farming BiS azerite gear (since it's the only damn non-rng loot in this game now) only for them to jack it all up. That's annoying as fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Why wouldn't we be? We spent all this time farming...
    All this time?

It's been a month....
    Last edited by Sativex; 2018-09-18 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Why wouldn't we be? We sent all this time farming BiS azerite gear (since it's the only damn non-rng loot in this game now) only for them to jack it all up. That's annoying as fuck.
    It was obvious to anyone with the insight of a stoned monkey that Azerite traits are being closely looked at and rebalanced since the start of the expac. It's already had numerous passes, and if you didn't think that Thunderous Blast was going to be scaled down then you're delusional.

This is why you keep multiple pieces until the dust settles and don't mindlessly DE everything that doesnt have your FOTM trait on it.

(Assassination) Shrouded Suffocation: Damage bonus reduced by 40%

guess ill re do all my Azerite traits now and start farming different gear. Great system all around. We are 100% still in BETA and thats not even a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It was obvious to anyone with the insight of a stoned monkey that Azerite traits are being closely looked at and rebalanced since the start of the expac. It's already had numerous passes, and if you didn't think that Thunderous Blast was going to be scaled down then you're delusional.

This is why you keep multiple pieces until the dust settles and don't mindlessly DE everything that doesnt have your FOTM trait on it.
    the fact that you just let Blizzard get away with this unfinished product and act like its okay or normal is sickening. Have a backbone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    (Assassination) Shrouded Suffocation: Damage bonus reduced by 40%

guess ill re do all my Azerite traits now and start farming different gear. Great system all around. We are 100% still in BETA and thats not even a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

the fact that you just let Blizzard get away with this unfinished product and act like its okay or normal is sickening. Have a backbone.
    Boooooo hooooo poor little guy has never experienced game balancing before

All this time?

It's been a month....
    Do you not realize how much people play this game? lol

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Changes were needed, deal with it.
    Better help out by bumping it with your incredible post.

Here, I'll help too.

Game balancing of this scale is not called "Balancing" its called trying to fix a completely broken and unfinished aspect of the game. You must be gaggin on that blizz dick man.

You're meme-ing right now I hope. Do you really not see the difference between nerfing an ability versus nerfing gear?

Nerf Breath of Sindragosa. Cool. You can just go into a main city and swap that talent out.

Nerf Azerite traits. Get fucked and good luck getting new gear. Excuse me??? This shit should have been more balanced before the game launched, dude. If they wanted to adjust traits, they should have waited until the raid tier was over and the new one was coming out soon. If they fucked up the balance THIS much, then they just straight didn't use the beta to test the traits at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    That's true, but, you know, the capacity for whining about the most pathetic crap is astounding. I found that out this expansion!
    People are "whining" because anybody who has half of a brain can see that they haven't been using the beta to actually test balance for the last two expansions. We've launched with multiple imbalances in the game. It wasn't so bad at the start of Legion when class balance was off and some specs were just useless. It's a pretty big deal when they nerf gear. They really don't like making people feel like their hard earned gear is now useless.

But they very clearly have not been taking feedback from people during the beta. It's baffling. Frost dks spent all of Legion beta telling Blizzard they were trash tier. Multiple big name theory crafters and WoW personalities spent the beta talking about how bad Frost DK was. Nothing was changed AT ALL, and the spec launched absolutely useless. Shamans are kinda in the same boat right now. You can tell they completely fucked up Azerite traits when they're changing the knobs by 40-100% on some traits. A trait shouldn't need to have its damage completely doubled in order to be considered a viable choice. That is terrible balancing.

This is a legitimate concern. It really is.

I've been lucky enough to get the BiS traits for my spec on pretty high ilvl Azerite pieces after purposely targeting specific dungeons in M+. This has now all gone down the drain and has lost all meaning because Blizzard decided to nerf traits. Now I am supposed to reforge the traits, get the gold prices for doing so mounting even further and go after new BiS Azerite pieces if I wish to keep up with the same class and affiliated specs in the guild.

This becomes extremely frustrating considering I am on a tight time schedule as it is and WoW feels like a timesink the likes I haven't seen since I've farmed potions for raids in classic. They need to be very careful about this because the factor of time investment relative to the gains you make needs to be preserved and this basically gets it all undone.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-18 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Nail on the fuckin head. I don't understand all the blizzard apologists. Its a billion dollar company raking in money. Have expectations. Do something if they are not met.

First-world problems, really. The expansion's out a month, and you children are all up in arms. Amazing.
    Because the expansion has been in beta for months! Lol how is this completely going over your head? They had MONTHS to test this before releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Nail on the fuckin head. I don't understand all the blizzard apologists. Its a billion dollar company raking in money. Have expectations. Do something if they are not met.
    Thank you i was starting to feel like i was alone in a sea of spineless blizz fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's almost like they didn't listen to a single shred of feedback in Beta.

Oh wait I forgot we are still in Beta.
    Thank you, dude. I don't understand how people keep letting this go over their heads. There has been a MASSIVE amount of feedback for months that has completely been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You don't recognize me? Repeatedly banned for posting about what a shit-show BfA was going to be during Beta?

Constantly trying to bring up the glaring issues.

People are finally starting to open their eyes. It's glorious.

Watching the clown Ion with his pathetic non-answers in the AMA was also hilarious.
    I mean, I don't know if people are actually realizing anything. I've been in the "wtf is beta for if you don't use it to actually fix anything" club since the Legion debacle.

They already explained it. The Beta numbers weren't big enough to actually get the data needed to finalize this stuff. It's all been covered, but, I notice that the people having temper tantrums in this thread are all the people who got their traits *nerfed*. I don't hear much about the traits that got boosted. I would suspect that the thread is full of FOTM gamers who got their favorite OP build nerfed. Oh, boo-hoo. Go find your next OP build. You always do, anyway.

I'm no apologist, but I also know how things like this work. I'm no whiny teen or college kid who has nothing better to do than play sixteen hours a day, either. And, if you're an adult and you whine like this, I'm glad I don't have to work with you. Sheesh.
    Just because you are old and cant play the game like you used to doesnt mean its not important to other people.