Chain Heal bounce range increase with High Tide

I know blizzard won't read these threads (nor do they read their suggestions inbox through the in-game suggestion tool) but i still wanna propose this:

OLD:
    Code:
    High Tide	Talent
    Requires Shaman (Restoration)
    Requires level 100

Chain Heal bounces to 1 additional target, and its falloff with each bounce is reduced by half.

NEW:
    Code:
    High Tide	Talent
    Requires Shaman (Restoration)
    Requires level 100

Chain Heal bounces to 1 additional target, and its bounce range is increased to 20 yards. (from 12.5)

They could nerf the manacost or healing by any amount and i'd still take a chain heal range buff.

yay or nay?

Deleted
    Nope. Would be to op. They could simply make a talent that doubles the jump distance of your chainheal. And they could place it in the place of earthshield and make earthshield baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Maik639 View Post
    Nope. Would be to op. They could simply make a talent that doubles the jump distance of your chainheal. And they could place it in the place of earthshield and make earthshield baseline.
    At best it should be added to Deluge / Flash Flood. Earth Shield as a talent has to go though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    The words "too op" really make me chuckle. Shaman throughput is miles behind. Chainheal itself is a very slow, expensive cast, that can't be spammed much anyway. I don't see how it would be op, if it at least reliably hit all 4 (/5) targets in spread fights, you know, like all the other group healing spells like Prayer of Healing, Essence Font or Wild Growth do, too, without being op (and without needing a talent point to make them even worth casting). The numbers could be adjusted accordingly.

I like the idea, but I doubt it will happen. Blizzard wants to nail resto shaman into the "clumped" niche, but the problem is that this niche doesn't really exist anymore, since the "spread" specialized healing specs automatically are all good at stacked healing and have some tools for it, too. The strong spread healing spells don't suddenly stop working, if the raid clumps, but in reverse this is the case for the shaman spells.
    The "clumped niche" is outdated and I wish they would just get rid of this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    The words "too op" really make me chuckle. Shaman throughput is miles behind. Chainheal itself is a very slow, expensive cast, that can't be spammed much anyway. I don't see how it would be op, if it at least reliably hit all 4 (/5) targets in spread fights, you know, like all the other group healing spells like Prayer of Healing, Essence Font or Wild Growth do, too, without being op (and without needing a talent point to make them even worth casting). The numbers could be adjusted accordingly.

I like the idea, but I doubt it will happen. Blizzard wants to nail resto shaman into the "clumped" niche, but the problem is that this niche doesn't really exist anymore, since the "spread" specialized healing specs automatically are all good at stacked healing and have some tools for it, too. The strong spread healing spells don't suddenly stop working, if the raid clumps, but in reverse this is the case for the shaman spells.
    The "clumped niche" is outdated and I wish they would just get rid of this idea.
    I think the spread issue is covered by HST Swelling trait. It should've been buffed instead of being nerfed lol. I just want to have Tidal Wave with 2 stack by default just like before. Healing Wave sniping is so much fun.

I don't take High Tide anymore this day. With so much mana cost for CH, spamming it just don't cut it anymore. I take Ascendance as my extra cd. Currently my playstyle feels like hpally on raid. I'm sniping a lot with Healing Wave, since most of the aoe is covered by my fellow Holy Priests. And when it get rough there are so many cd to roll out.

Your proposal sucks tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I think the spread issue is covered by HST Swelling trait. It should've been buffed instead of being nerfed lol. I just want to have Tidal Wave with 2 stack by default just like before. Healing Wave sniping is so much fun.

I don't take High Tide anymore this day. With so much mana cost for CH, spamming it just don't cut it anymore. I take Ascendance as my extra cd. Currently my playstyle feels like hpally on raid. I'm sniping a lot with Healing Wave, since most of the aoe is covered by my fellow Holy Priests. And when it get rough there are so many cd to roll out.
    No it needed nerfed it's too good for an azerite trait. You basically screw over anyone without it. Didn't you hear about the recent complaints. You don't want an azerite trait band aiding real changes get otta here

A whole Spec Fix

So i keep seeing posts about how people would tweak 1 spell or ability to balance the spec and while some of them would help they are all about eliminating our weaknesses. Not actually giving us something to be good at and relevant. Chain heal for example has a lot of talents tied into it's use so buffing it in anyway would mean High Tide would have to be baseline or 100% required. What really started the downfall of resto shamans was the implementation of it's mastery. The variability of it's contribution led to a gray spectrum of where we go from useless to OP and it's all based on raid health. There were plenty write ups about how this was horrible design in the competitive healing scene that were ignored just like everything else. After a few expansions I'm used to it enough to appreciate it's value but from the recent blue post it's clear that it's being overestimated. On average your healing a raider at ~75% health.

What I'm proposing instead is a new mastery called Ancestral Tether. Each heal has %chance to be duplicated on a low health ally at ~75% of the value. We used to have an ability just like this except that it went off crits. Yes I stole this from elemental but with a decent base chance it drastically improves spread and stacked healing. Dropping Healing Rain on a melee clump may not do a lot of healing to them but that can be a way to dupe it out to spread members. Our biggest problem is not how much we can output though that is on the low end right now. It's that we can't get the healing where we need it.
    Last edited by shammypie; 2018-09-18 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    What I'm proposing instead is a new mastery called Ancestral Tether. Each heal has %chance to be duplicated on a low health ally at ~75% of the value.
    I like your new Mastery suggestion. And I really like that it's a "ripoff" of Elemental Mastery. Fits the class theme imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again