Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dark Iron Appreciation Thread

Seriously loving these guys so far. They just seem to have so much more personality than regular dwarfs. (+they clearly take the "Most metal race" crown from the Forsaken too lol). I have a feeling they might end up more popular than regular dwarfs.

Plus.. their racial home is a bar. What's not to love?

If anything, I think it's a shame that you have to go through so much to unlock them. I'd imagine even some Horde would be tempted to try a DID, if they didn't have to do the whole attunement on a different lvl 120 to get them.

Now the question is, why the heck won't Blizzard unlock the Heritage weapons?

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

5+ Year Old Account
    yaaas I was beginning to think the day would never come when I was able to get my hands on my DI.

I remember dying on purpose in antorus when someone in disc said wowhead uploaded the preview, haha.

They are so great, the only thing that would make me even more over the moon would be if they added in Frostborn Dwarves haha.

They're good, but the thought that they may legitimately be the best Allied Race Alliance ever gets is incredibly depressing.

Dark Iron Dwarf is cool. Never thought I would play a DI Dwarf, but here I am. Just an alt though(changed from Void Elf) but it feels good. Popping that Fireblood racial is so cool!

They do look cool. I only recently started leveling an Alliance alt so it may take a while to unlock them, still undecided which class I should roll. I've wanted to customize a dark iron dwarf since vanilla as I always found them some of the cooler looking dwarves. Definately the best Alliance allied race for me as the other 2 just feel bland by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    They're good, but the thought that they may legitimately be the best Allied Race Alliance ever gets is incredibly depressing.
    Agreed. I'm genuinely concerned that the Alliances next allied race will be thin humans :/

Hoping Blizzard go wild and we get Gnoll or Naga.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna start working towards unlocking them now. :3

Haven't had my allies to max until last night, will level a mage for the set and then eventually race change my paladin to a lil' lady. :>
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Would actually play a Dark Iron Dwarf if possible.

Doubt I'll ever be able to make one, because there is no way I'll ever grind the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Would actually play a Dark Iron Dwarf if possible.

Doubt I'll ever be able to make one, because there is no way I'll ever grind the rep.
    We'll see. I hope they're gonna buff the rep rewards and add optional sources in a future patch.... like they did in MoP and to a lesser extent in Legion too.

I'm playing casually since day 1 and I haven't missed a single emmisary (except for one Island Expeditions Weekly quest) and I still Need 4k rep to get to exalted lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    That the Axe/2HMace/Shield aren't available for players is truly baffling. Easily 3 of the highest quality looking gear pieces in the game, but unusable?

I'm at almost 20k now so will shortly unlock these. I'm hyped to make the character but I can't see myself having the stomach to level it any time soon, which makes me sad. My void elf is still sat in the mid-80s as I ran out of steam in Pandaria :/

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    That the Axe/2HMace/Shield aren't available for players is truly baffling. Easily 3 of the highest quality looking gear pieces in the game, but unusable?
    Had to google the weps... And holy shit, those are absolutely amazing! Why would they not give those weapons with the heritage armour set? Now I want nothing more than to get those weps... Come on Blizz. Be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    I'm at almost 20k now so will shortly unlock these. I'm hyped to make the character but I can't see myself having the stomach to level it any time soon, which makes me sad. My void elf is still sat in the mid-80s as I ran out of steam in Pandaria :/
    Just run through the Cataclysm zones instead! While most people may not have liked the world revamp for Cata, their questing zones were all pretty excellent. Mount Hyjal is still one of my all time favorite leveling zones because of the way that you actually saw progress as you continued through the zone, Twilight Highlands was also a great one with Garona, a dwarf clan (if you're doing Dark Iron, could be fun), and plenty of dragon stuff going on. I honestly enjoyed Uldum quite a bit too, even if the Tol'vir race in general seemed like a random ass addition. Great questing and the dungeons were good too. Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore were two of my favorite dungeons from Cata.

Then if you haven't gotten through to 90 yet, just cruise through Pandaland collecting the treasures. They're still worth a lot of experience (enough to squeak a couple levels out) and get you through to Warlords content hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still feels weird to think that we never got High Elves or Wildhammer Dwarves, but DIDs are really good too.

I have DID unlocked but absolutely no interest in playing one. To each their own!

I can't wait to unlock my Dark Iron Shaman!

I wish they also released the frostborn dwarves (ice beards instead of fiery ones?) and the earthern dwarves (see below)!

Dwarves with magical enhancements (Dark Iron, Frostborn and earthern) look so much cooler than the regular boring humanlike ones in my opinion (aka bronzebeard and wildhammer).
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-18 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Slowly plodding along on my way to unlocking them. I’m 5k into revered and I only get rep through the mission table, IE’s and emissaries. So it’ll take a while.

leveling my shaman right now and it's awesome.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are truly amazing, have made a Dark Iron Rogue and nothing has felt so "fitting" in terms of class/race fantasy to me

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    I heard Hyjal & Jade Forest are enough to level from 80-90. You can always explore (aka fly through) the map zones & unlock their flightpaths, to get extra free bonus XP! Also play the Cataclysm unlocking portal chains for extra XP as well (Vashir & Twilight Highlands still require questing to fully unlock their portals, while Uldum, Hyjal and Deepholm quests are now optional). Mining and herbalism also give XP, so dont forget unlock mine/herb and farm it while flying or leveling.

PS: if you made through Northrend and Outland, im sure you will make this one as well! (far easier now)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-18 at 12:47 PM.