Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    This really sounds like judgmental bitch syndrome.

Robert Downey Jr is a known piece of shit and was written off by the entertainment industry until he cleaned himself up and got the Iron Man role. But he's an attractive male so he must be a nice guy.

You know jack fucking shit about this actress aside from a short trailer where most of the speaking lines are by Samuel Jackson and apparently Captain Marvel/Brie Larson (can you distinguish the two?) is a raging bitch.

Yeah....Talk about book by its cover.
    Excuse me but drug use is not the same as sexual abuse or being a creep.

Ok the dude has had some troubles with the law, but its nothing compared to the big offenders so in hollywood its almost a positive trait that your dirt is at least somewhat acceptable

It wasnt like it was Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby trying to come back. All RDJ did was shoot up some heroin on set and had a gun on him in a car etc

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t know anything about Robert Downey as a person, but I like Iron Man as a character, which is what I was referring to.
    I actually despise Ironman from the comics but RDJ is too charismatic for me to dislike the MCU version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Warlock is really powerfull he once battled with Thanos over the Gauntlet.
    He was the one that basically planned the fight against Thanos in the comics.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is there an actual in world timeline? I really stoped trying to track events after battle world what ever that event was called.

Other wise though dark reign was by far my favourite era/event in marvel with great story’s out of Spider-Man the hulk and ares who sadly doesn’t get any attention any more. Though the post secret empire era is off to a pretty great start with all the comics there giving venom.
    there is, and it's universe specific to since you have the main 616 universe, the ultimate universe, and the multiverse at large.
    in multiple titles even some mainstream 818 characters like deadpool or dr. strange will get involved in other universe's events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually despise Ironman from the comics but RDJ is too charismatic for me to dislike the MCU version.
    they've really whitewashed tony in the MCU's civil war.
    i mean, you don't earn the nickname "der eisenfuhrer" for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I really hope that this film does prove that a strong female lead character is viable.. They originally said it'll probably flop because most films have strong male character leads and female support characters. But they also said that making a film with a black super hero will not be as popular either, but black panther made a killing in the cinema. Maybe it's just the MCU that has a goose that lays golden eggs, who knows... But i myself personally am totally looking forward to yet another marvel film and another character brought to life.
    IMO Hunger Games is the only movie to successfully pull off strong female lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really excited for this one. Will probably wait until it hits the $2 theater and watch it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Reading about Rogue, she seems really pretty awesome, but I don’t think Marvel could represent her correctly because it can get dark. Like, her whole permanently gaining peoples powers when she kills them... that’s badass, but pretty brutal. Marvel is tame because they want their movies to be watched by the whole family.
    Eh... they did just literally kill off Spider-man on scene along with a dozen other heroes kids love when Thanos snapped his fingers. I could see them pulling it off and even having Rogue putting Carol Denvers in a coma to get her powers. It wouldn't be worse than seeing The Winter Soldier snapping Tony Stark's mom's neck, even if it was off scene. Kids who watch these movies better know about life and death because even though there's no profanity, sex, or excessive bloody violence, death is still an integral element in every Marvel movie, no matter how PG13 it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You might want to check the end of GotG vol. 2 again...
    silly the creators have stated themself that adam is NOT as powerfull in the MCU as he is in the comics is that sooo hard to UNDERSTAND?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    At the end of GotG they literally have a sarcophagus with something in it that she calls "Adam".
    and where does it show how POWERFULL he is silly???

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    GIVE ME DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I seriously cannot wait for MCU Doom.
    Pretty sure Doom is gonna be the next Thanos too or Galactus.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I will go watch this movie.

Unless it gets Fantastic Four level reviews. Then I will not watch this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    It was pretty good for its time. Extra points for having the intro tune done by Orbital and Kirk Hemmet from Metallica. Really needs another movie imo.
    Spawn had one of the best soundtracks of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hulk has no conceivable end to his strength while he is conscious, the angrier he gets the more power he gets, and there is no limit to his anger.
    While that’s TECHNICALLY true, he needs a push to actually GET that angry. To put it in perspective, the angriest he’s ever been was during World War Hulk... and for that to happen, that had to (accidentally) murder his pregnant wife.

So while it’s true hulks power is tied to his rage, and his rage is limitless, it takes a fair amount to get him up to “worldbreaker” levels. Meanwhile, you have people like Thor, Gladiator, Silver Surfer Etc who are all able to routinely put him down, before he reaches that level of anger.

If you want the REALLY broken characters, you need to look at people like Franklin Richards, or Jean Grey. The high level reality warpers. Those kinds of characters can just... blink people out of existence. No level of strength will counter that.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Dark reign was about 10 years ago so not very recent, though she might have been weaker in the past I don’t know.
    If that's Dark Reign is it even Carol Danvers in the picture? Moonstone wore her costume and used the name Ms. Marvel in Osborne's Dark Avengers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    he looks like one to from time to time.
    but yeah adam better show up, he's integral to the infinity war plot.
    He's not going to be in it until GotG3 (depending on what happens with that mess,) after they tie up the Infinity War plot.

Adam Warlock was the only one that could out-think Thanos in the comics. (and have the suitable mindset, mental strength and discipline to control the Infinity Gauntlet)
    Should have stalked in the background of other movies for the past few years in true Warlock style.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If that's Dark Reign is it even Carol Danvers in the picture? Moonstone wore her costume and used the name Ms. Marvel in Osborne's Dark Avengers.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not going to be in it until GotG3 (depending on what happens with that mess,) after they tie up the Infinity War plot.
    ya that's carol moonstone wore red.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    While that’s TECHNICALLY true, he needs a push to actually GET that angry. To put it in perspective, the angriest he’s ever been was during World War Hulk... and for that to happen, that had to (accidentally) murder his pregnant wife.

So while it’s true hulks power is tied to his rage, and his rage is limitless, it takes a fair amount to get him up to “worldbreaker” levels. Meanwhile, you have people like Thor, Gladiator, Silver Surfer Etc who are all able to routinely put him down, before he reaches that level of anger.

If you want the REALLY broken characters, you need to look at people like Franklin Richards, or Jean Grey. The high level reality warpers. Those kinds of characters can just... blink people out of existence. No level of strength will counter that.
    Reed is the only man to have to deal with his son with the powers of a god.
    Franklin is so powerful he subconsciously created an after-life universe for the souls of the recently dead heroes to live, Galactus has confirmed he will be there standing with him at the end of the multiverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    i think you're underestimating how fucked shit is gonna get.
    killing half of a single universe is only the beginning.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Reed is the only man to have to deal with his son with the powers of a god.
    Franklin is so powerful he subconsciously created an after-life universe for the souls of the recently dead heroes to live, Galactus has confirmed he will be there standing with him at the end of the multiverse.

- - - Updated - - -

i think you're underestimating how fucked shit is gonna get.
    killing half of a single universe is only the beginning.
    powerful characters who suddenly become useless when the story needs them to are so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    IMO Hunger Games is the only movie to successfully pull off strong female lead.
    Lol, good one...

Aside from Brie looking really bored the entire time, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Do you really think they will get it right to introduce the x-Men in the MCU?

And what was the agreement they had with Sony or Fox again regarding their use?.
    If the deal goes through, and all indications are pointing towards nothing likely to stop it, they don't have an agreement with anyone for the X-Men or Fantastic Four. They outright own them lock, stock, and barrel.

The X-Men become 100% identical to the Avengers in terms of Marvel Studios having complete ownership and creative control over all films with the characters.