Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Pfft, we've needed that for a long time now
    Overpopulation is a self correcting issue. Eventually some pandemic will strike and it will blow through the masses in ways we have not seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    They wont do that because all the overpopulated areas are inhabited by people of color and that would be racist.
    You would be surprised what 1st world countries would do just to make sure they remain world 1st countries.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Couldn't agree more with those scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Pfft, we've needed that for a long time now
    Which is ironic because that sort of attitude will probably lead to yourself being culled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    South America is stabilizing itself.

The only hot spots is the middle East and Africa. If they're overpopulated, they would go to Europe anyway, so I'm not worried.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2018-09-18 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Overpopulation is a self correcting issue. Eventually some pandemic will strike and it will blow through the masses in ways we have not seen in a long time.
    Yeah...lets just wait. Everyone will die eventually.
    "The cure is the disease" isn't exactly a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That's just a poor excuse to avoid improving the worst of societal vices.

Wastage is unavoidable up to a certain extent, but when you have developed nations producing disproportionately more than what people can consume, it's a problem that has a clear and implementable solution - only if people want it.

It's not that people can't do it, they just don't want to reduce waste.
    If you read your link it shows you alot of the loss is from perishables.

Farmers tend to overgrow demand for several reasons like people wanting good looking products, not being able to sell damaged goods, maximizing profit, crop rotation, etc...

So until we force people on strict diets and allow farmers to sell half worm infested products to people food waste isn't going to stop.

That's just a poor excuse to avoid improving the worst of societal vices.

Wastage is unavoidable up to a certain extent, but when you have developed nations producing disproportionately more than what people can consume, it's a problem that has a clear and implementable solution - only if people want it.

It's not that people can't do it, they just don't want to reduce waste.
    They could start with ceasing the production of truly junk food as they still require some perfectly good ingredients. Also the new trend of overpriced food because it is "handmade" and "mastercrafted" (even when it was always made that way) so people just let it rot on the selves.
    But I guess greed fueling the "continuous economic growth" is bigger than common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to stop breeding like fucking rabbits first. But population flat earth deniers will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They won't do it because mass slaughter is genocide and genocide is wrong.

The fuck does race have to do with it?
    .... no words dude no words... take a hint...

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    The Problem are Chinese Indian Muslims and Africans

if they would stop breeding like fucking Rabbits...
    You just showed your very limited understanding of the issue. Europe, 19th century. Same problems. What solved them?
    Go on, THINK.

Hiv/Aids...solving Third world problems....sounds fucked up.
    But...

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    thread post : scientists want to protect biodiversity

mmoc response : we should genocide the blacks, browns and yella's.

mmoc mod :
    Can you point to the majority of posts that have said anything like this? (majority since that would be representative)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Sure it can. Rewilding + cultured meat/vertical farming + captive breeding and cloning programs + land preservation = high rate of species preservation.
    I'm more and more of the belief that we should leave the Earth after some more generations of evolution (i.e. eugenics) and leave the Earth as a nature and archeological preserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At random. Dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a mad man. And what I predicted came to pass.

[IMG]https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/infinity-war-theory-undo-thanos-snap.jpg[IMG]
    Eeeeehhhhhhh, I don't disagree with Thanos. I think he has the right idea, personally. Everyone else is getting caught up in the emotional "but it's wrong whine" and not thinking about the long term. Not saying he went about it the best way, but it certainly wasn't the wrong way. He's an antagonist, sure, but he's no villain.

I like antagonists who make me think.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm more and more of the belief that we should leave the Earth after some more generations of evolution (i.e. eugenics) and leave the Earth as a nature and archeological preserve.
    This is actually something I've thought about recently. I definitely feel like Earth should hold significance as the origin of life (at least like ours) in the galaxy in the scale of a galactic civilization. I could hypothetically see Earth being treated almost like a holy site were we to become a true spacefaring species.

No doubt we also wouldn't seed life on other planets assuming we are ever advanced enough to terraform and that goes along with what I posted in a earlier post about humanity colonizing space representing the Earth's biosphere (which we are a part of) expanding across the galaxy. At that point of advancement, there may also be endless possibilities with genetic modification as well. Potentially we could create a future like Gattaca with an high class of modified humans or David Brin's Uplift Series where we decide to play Prometheus to other fairly intelligent species or even (I guess in a worse case scenario) something akin to Prometheus/Alien: Covenant where xenomorphs are created.

The future represents possibilities for the best and worst.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    That isn't how it works. Hans Rosling has made some very entertaining and really easy to grasp talks about this very complicated issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVimVzgtD6w

20 min that will change how you view the world.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If you read your link it shows you alot of the loss is from perishables.

Farmers tend to overgrow demand for several reasons like people wanting good looking products, not being able to sell damaged goods, maximizing profit, crop rotation, etc...

So until we force people on strict diets and allow farmers to sell half worm infested products to people food waste isn't going to stop.
    This many replies in and basically your only tired argument is: people are wasteful, so instead of choosing to curb their rampant wasteful habits, let's eugenics.

Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    They could start with ceasing the production of truly junk food as they still require some perfectly good ingredients. Also the new trend of overpriced food because it is "handmade" and "mastercrafted" (even when it was always made that way) so people just let it rot on the selves.
    But I guess greed fueling the "continuous economic growth" is bigger than common sense.
    Yeah, there's a prime specimen above you heavily hinting to me that eugenics is a better solution than getting people to not waste their food as much.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

could also use some one child laws in more countries than just china

This many replies in and basically your only tired argument is: people are wasteful, so instead of choosing to curb their rampant wasteful habits, let's eugenics.

Pathetic.
    No I said you could never get everyone to eat specifically what you produce. I mentioned there are many reason why "waste" exists.

You know what crop rotation is right? Certain crops pull more of x out of the soil while others pull y. If they didn't rotate crops the soil would lose all nutrients and pretty much make the soil useless for planting for years as well as causing soil erosion and shit.

And guess what? People may like veggie A a hell of alot more than veggie B but because they leech out different nutrients farmers will plant veggie A in field A one year then move it to field B the next season. So in order to keep up with demand for veggie A you will need have a field for veggie B thats larger than the demand for it and much of it will be given away or given to animals/left to waste, etc... And my example this is only two crops many major farmers rotate 4 different crops

And thats just one reason why waste exists. I could go on how produce has a finite shelf life and you can't force people to buy something, or how it requires an insane amount of fossil fuels to get fresh food around the world + trying to get it to a place with no airport or water access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You just showed your very limited understanding of the issue. Europe, 19th century. Same problems. What solved them?
    Go on, THINK.
    and you showed your limited understanding of Reality