Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    All that they said about Azshara is that she would serve a similar role to Gul'dan and that we'll face her and her forces "before the end of the expansion."

Pretty sure they delayed the patch and Azshara will be the main villain / final endboss of BfA. To waste her as a "Gul'dan" was always a bad idea to begin with. And I'm pretty sure that if N'zoth was planned as final boss he's been shoven into the next expansion.

At the moment I'm quite sure that the Azshara patch will be the equivalent to 6.2 and the Tanaan Jungle / HFC patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    All that they said about Azshara is that she would serve a similar role to Gul'dan and that we'll face her and her forces "before the end of the expansion."
    They said we would fight her in the follow up raid to Uldir.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As i recall it, nighthold was the 3rd raid of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure they delayed the patch and Azshara will be the main villain / final endboss of BfA. To waste her as a "Gul'dan" was always a bad idea to begin with. And I'm pretty sure that if N'zoth was planned as final boss he's been shoven into the next expansion.

At the moment I'm quite sure that the Azshara patch will be the equivalent to 6.2 and the Tanaan Jungle / HFC patch.

- - - Updated - - -

They said we would fight her in the follow up raid to Uldir.
    No they didn't. They said we would deal with her before BfA is finished. The quote was posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If it happens in the last raid of the expansion, it's still technically after Uldir. So unless they specifically said directly after uldir you've got nothing. Which is how your threads usually go anyway.
    Which they didn't. this is what they said,

Now following [Uldir], and I'm going to say even less about this raid, it might have occurred to you when Alex was up here earlier talking about the dark threats from the sea plaguing Kul Tiras,... we know a couple dark threats from the sea.... some we have heard a lot from in Legion... you know, some Tidestone related stuff. And before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara. Lots more story to tell on that front.

People only heard the following Uldir part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    That is their own fault then. Anyone who follows Blizzard should know you make your decisions based on what is released rather than what gets promoted 12 to 18 months prior to release.

Plans change.
    Anyone who plays MMOs, or any video game for that matter knows this.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    TBH, Azshara is such a huge lore character I would be disappointed if she didn't get a build up before we square off with her.

If I get decent raids and content that makes sense -I don't really care what order it comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    People have made purchasing decisions based on the representations made at these venues, and if they do not follow through on these representations, that is misleading and deceptive.
    And they mentioned tons of times that what they presented is their current plan, and things might change.
    But hey, I guess that wasn't clear to people after 13 years of ongoing changes

10+ Year Old Account
    At Blizzcon 2017, we were told that the next raid after Uldir would be the Azshara raid. That it would be the Nighthold of BFA. However after watching the announcement today, this is not the case.

What was the reason behind this miscommunication and misinformation? Is the Azshara raid still going ahead or has it been cut?
    Or maybe because Azshara is a rather big character, she's been set a little later? You know, when they develop patches, sometimes ideas just run rampant.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People have made purchasing decisions based on the representations made at these venues, and if they do not follow through on these representations, that is misleading and deceptive.
    They said Azshara would be after Uldir, not the very next raid.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that even if Zul-again is the best raid ever in existence you're still going to feel cheated because you didn't get things in the same order. There are a lot of things that players are pissed at Blizzard for (and a lot of them justified) but this is kind of complaining for the sake of it.

I play alliance and I play for the story; I have literally no idea why we need to go to ULDIR other than to collect phat lewtz. Hopefully Blizz have picked up on that and will make things apparent whenever the Azshara raid is.

Probably the final patch, she fits more as an end of expansion boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone actively playing WoW and having to make a purchase decision for the ability to further play this game, shouldn't even be heard when it comes to opinions. what are you gonna do? pause for two years, wait for the next expansion and experience the content then?

also, you should know by now that MMOs are giant living beings. some presentations made about schedules are like a print magazine guide for patch 7.1, which is useless after the first five days of hotfixes. they don't promise anything, they don't answer to you. you can choose to withhold your money and that's about it.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just for clarity, this is what they actually said at BlizzCon that I believe the OP is referring too

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Now following [Uldir], and I'm going to say even less about this raid, it might have occurred to you when Alex was up here earlier talking about the dark threats from the sea plaguing Kul Tiras,... we know a couple dark threats from the sea.... some we have heard a lot from in Legion... you know, some Tidestone related stuff. And before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara. Lots more story to tell on that front.
    I can see how people might think this means she is the boss of 8.1, however it also could have just been referring to the Crucible of the Storm. All it really confirms is that we would be facing her before the expansion is finished. Which could even mean she is intended to be the final boss
    Look posting facts in this forum is totally not allowed. You must follow the misinterpret everything and whine about it all philosophy.

to the OP: quit crying and just play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

And for clarity: Azshara is the "gul'dan" of BFA probably means she is not the end all big bad. Gul'dan was a baddie, but he wasn't the big bad like KJ was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Re-using Zuldazar is much easier to push out. Tonnes of re-used assets.

You have to realize this expansion was rushed out the door. They can barely fix the problems plaguing literally every system in the game and also deliver more content on time.

We will likely get Nazjatar as some mediocre copy + paste of The Broken Shore. A zone with the same WQs, rares and chests we had in Legion. All other content is following the exact same formula.

Do you really one bash on this fine product called BFA? I mean they put out alot of extra's in the next patch and still its not enough..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Re-using Zuldazar is much easier to push out. Tonnes of re-used assets.

You have to realize this expansion was rushed out the door. They can barely fix the problems plaguing literally every system in the game and also deliver more content on time.

We will likely get Nazjatar as some mediocre copy + paste of The Broken Shore. A zone with the same WQs, rares and chests we had in Legion. All other content is following the exact same formula.
    I sincerely hope you're not playing the game anymore. The toxicity. The salt. My god.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pushed back to give it better build up. There’s a teaser raid coming after Zuldazar with two bosses that hint at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Pushed back to give it better build up. There’s a teaser raid coming after Zuldazar with two bosses that hint at her.
    wish both raids were released at same time. I miss things like wotlk release when we had Nax, Eye and Shrine.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Nighthold was suppose to be the 2nd raid of Legion. Then we got Trial of Valor. Are you really gonna complain about MORE content?
    On these forums? Never make a bet against that. Everything will be complained about.

Very often the community makes assumptions based on what is being said. They did clearly imply that Azshara will be a raid boss in bfa, but never was it actually confirmed which tier she will be in, what patch etc. These are all assumptions made by youtubers which always spread like facts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They only said... before is all said and done we will face off against azshara.. what ever that means.. defeat her/ kill her who knows.
    So being the bfa guldan can mean many things.. so she could be the bridge to the next expansion as well.