Poll: Where do you think the new Nigh Elven home should be?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    Gilneas

/10char
    Would you want to live downwind from that radioactive plagued wasteland not far from Gilneas!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Stormwindian pumpkin field.
    At least the elves are trying to make Stormwind look better. Look at what the goblins did to their pad in Orgrimmar

New Teldrassil in either Gilneas or Tirisfal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas

/10char
    Haha, that would be hilarious. NEs become the refugees and Genn has to return the favor.

TBH, in/around Shaladrassil (Val'sharah) would be your best bet. Similar backdrop, limited horde presence in the region (Suramar & HM aren't exactly the biggest of treats). Also, would keep older content relevant, kinda. Hyjal would also be cool, but again, their right next to the heart of the Horde. No bueno.

Deleted
    Hinterlands. They can build a new city around the Emerald Dream Tree there.

Here is where i would love them to live: in the wilds, where they belong, probably in Hyjal filled with living treants, Ancients and moonwells:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Hinterlands. They can build a new city around the Emerald Dream Tree there.
    Hinterlands is reserved for the Alliance High Elves

As I've said before, I think Moonglade is the most realistic answer. There are virtually zero quests there anyways, it's secluded enough to still function as a Capital without being in spitting distance of the Horde, and it's already heavily related to Night Elves and their connection with Druidism.

They'd simply have to evict the Tauren (which would be interesting in terms of Lore, to see how the Tauren react to shouldering the blame for Sylvanas's actions), maybe touch it up, and you've basically relocated them without really having to "change" much of anything.

Alternatives could include them retreating into the Emerald Dream (via the portal in Duskwood), or planting a new "world tree" in place of said portal, *OR* having a new, larger world tree planted in the waters between Stormwind and Ironforge (it always seemed like something was just "missing" from there). Or they could build up Feathermoon Stronghold into a new capital.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Duskwood!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    As I've said before, I think Moonglade is the most realistic answer. There are virtually zero quests there anyways, it's secluded enough to still function as a Capital without being in spitting distance of the Horde, and it's already heavily related to Night Elves and their connection with Druidism.

They'd simply have to evict the Tauren (which would be interesting in terms of Lore, to see how the Tauren react to shouldering the blame for Sylvanas's actions), maybe touch it up, and you've basically relocated them without really having to "change" much of anything.

Alternatives could include them retreating into the Emerald Dream (via the portal in Duskwood), or planting a new "world tree" in place of said portal, *OR* having a new, larger world tree planted in the waters between Stormwind and Ironforge (it always seemed like something was just "missing" from there). Or they could build up Feathermoon Stronghold into a new capital.
    That's a good idea. There is that big, bay-like area that was blasted by Deathwing. They can stick a tree in there, have it stretch out and grow up along the shore and into the mountains, use that and mountain giants and Alliance shamans to clear out paths to Ironforge and Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    All of their massive population would nicely fit on top of Skulk Rock, leaving the rest of the zone for NEs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Silvermoon will be conquered for the Alliance. Lordaeron is big enough to be shared between humans, dwarves and elves of all three kinds.

Dalaran Sewers seem like the obvious choice to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise i would see them moving to somewhere completely new in the EK. Horde controlling most of Kalimdor would be a bit too close for them. Gameplay wise? I don't think you will see a new home for either the Night Elves or Forsaken. Since most players mainly use SW and Org all of the other capital cities are kinda up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    Would you want to live downwind from that radioactive plagued wasteland not far from Gilneas!!
    they've got a big wall, send in some gnomish clean up crews, it'll be fine.
    <insert witty signature here>

they've got a big wall, send in some gnomish clean up crews, it'll be fine.
    But what about the blight behind the wall? You know the reason why the Gilneans had to abandoned it in the first place!!

Sylvanas Plagued Gilneas and Lordaeron!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Broken Isles is Horde territory with Nightborne and Highmountain pretty much owning the area.
    2/5 of the Broken Isles is Horde territory and 1/5 is Alliance. All of Valsharah is Alliance territory, with them owning a world tree and a massive Fortress, it's not like those Night Elves are abandoning that zone to go to Stormwind, so might aswell send the refugees there and build up.

Shaladrassil is a pretty big tree, it’s not hard to imagine similar trees in EK with platforms, bridges and buildings up in those branches. Put a layer of leaves around it and actually deliver on the idea of Night Elves living in a giant tree. In game Teldrasdil was a stump and never delivered the fantasy. The two trees I nominate are, the ones in Hinterlands and Duskwood, I forget thier names.

Hinterlands or Duskwood

I bet the night elves splinter. Spell-casters move to the cities, druids dwell near the great trees, and others night elven settlements grow in size.

A group would return to Teldrassil with Malfurion and Tyrande, but I doubt the majority would.

In addition, the night elven could contribute spiritual themes to the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Druidism in the Eastern Kingdoms could translate to stories similar to drustvar, the worgen, and the vrykul.
    Last edited by Zeos; 2018-09-20 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnitaur View Post
    Hyjal would move the elves closer to the horde... orgrimmar would never allow the elves to create a new home even closer to the horde capital.
    i don't think hyjal is all that close to orgrimmar in lore, in game it might feel so, but in-game scale is eay off

Deleted
    Kalimdor belongs to the Horde now and for the future to come, since you took only Kalimdor zones i vote for nowhere.
    But i rather see them settle in either Gilneas with the Worgen or lordaeron and see if they also will encounter the evil thing the High Elves saw before they moved toward Quel'Thalas.