Poll: Who do you like more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Jaina's used telekinetic spells to make a ship levitate. I don't consider that to be some amazing superpower. The thing I've had an issue with are those arcane cannons, but using telekinesis to make a ship levitate is hardly spectacular. On the other hand you also have Sylvanas who gets to keep her armor on despite turning into a banshee, implying her armor is incorporeal too, which it clearly isn't. There's a few things here and there which don't make much sense.
    Add to the arcane-charged old ass soggy cannons the fact that during the siege of Lordaeron she knew exactly where to find Anduin and the others, out of nowhere and just because she's Jaina.
    No letter, no owl, nothing.
    Deus Ex Machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Add to the arcane-charged old ass soggy cannons the fact that during the siege of Lordaeron she knew exactly where to find Anduin and the others, out of nowhere and just because she's Jaina.
    No letter, no owl, nothing.
    Deus Ex Machina.
    And single handedly broke down the walls.
    If only the alliance thought of having some of their mages do at least one or two arcane cannons.

Talanji is neutral to me but Jaina is -500.. so Talanji. Fuck Jaina. She was alright when she was Thrall's mistress though.

Deleted
    Jaina with her random ass superpowers is along with Sylvanas the dumbest character in the game right now.

So I guess Talanji wins by default, although she really is just a bare stereotype of a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Darth Tumblr, that is not was 'fool' means. In fact they would be fools for doing the opposite.
    Committing genocide is the very definition of a fool. It is no surprise that Alliance whiners love evil maniacs like Arthas and Daelin, though. They were fools for ignoring the completely correct and good Jaina. They paid for their crimes with their lives, just like Garrosh did, and like Sylvanas will soon pay.

It's rather pathetic that Jaina has been turned into a pathetic caricature in order to make Boy King Anduin "Jesus" Wrynn look "good" by comparison.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2018-09-19 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Committing genocide is the very definition of a fool. It is no surprise that Alliance whiners love evil maniacs like Arthas and Daelin, though. They were fools for ignoring the completely correct and good Jaina. They paid for their crimes with their lives, just like Garrosh did, and like Sylvanas will soon pay.

It's rather pathetic that Jaina has been turned into a pathetic caricature in order to make Boy King Anduin "Jesus" Wrynn look "good" by comparison.
    No. Commiting genocide is just that, committing genocide. It may or may not serve the greater good. Arthas, Daelin and Garrosh were absolutely right. Jaina on the other hand, just your regular traitor driven by delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    And single handedly broke down the walls.
    If only the alliance thought of having some of their mages do at least one or two arcane cannons.
    Yup.
    I mean, Talanji's supermagic moments were aided by an actual deity - she just facetimed him to ask for help... and people call that an asspull kind of power, but not Jaina's actual deus ex machina.

... Also, I voted for Talanji. She's a blank canvas so there's a lot of potential, especially if Rastakhan dies and she finds out about the deal with Bwomsandi.

No. Commiting genocide is just that, committing genocide. It may or may not serve the greater good. Arthas, Daelin and Garrosh were absolutely right. Jaina on the other hand, just your regular traitor driven by delusions.
    So, you have no grasp on morality, yet claim to be the "righteous one"? Hah. Typical Alliance player.

Genocide can never serve the "greater good", as there is no such thing outside of serving individuals. Collective punishments are the tools of madmen and tyrants, and are objectively evil, regardless of whatever fear mongering or stupidity is dredged up to support them.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2018-09-19 at 05:08 PM.

Talanji. Jaina is Alliance at that.

Talanji sucks I mean they both are shit but talanji was invented just to let blizz kill rastakhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Yes because beeing chased/bombarded by ships and walking on the deck like nothing is happening while everyone else is going apeshit, than waving hands magically escaping them into massive fleet that is waiting for them in very convinient spot is perfectly fine...

But Jaina actually having a background for her deus ex machina is a no go...
    Are you comparing, having a simple speed boost to your boat from a loa equivalent to pulling a gigantic arcanic flying city destroyer ship out of your ass?
    For now, Talanji is the only one with a consistent lore. And not a "I want to please 12 years old children lore". aka :
    she is so innocent
    she is so good,
    ho look she is so evil and awesome!
    wait no she is so good and innocent, and was betrayed.
    Ho yeah she is so freaking pragmatic now!
    GIVE HER A MAGICAL FLYING SHIP THAT DESTROY EVERYTHING !§§!§!§1
    Look at her she is a poor girl betrayed by the evil horde. And she has family problems, so sad.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2018-09-19 at 05:16 PM.

So, you have no grasp on morality, yet claim to be the "righteous one"? Hah. Typical Alliance player.

Genocide can never serve the "greater good", as there is no such thing outside of serving individuals. Collective punishments are the tools of madmen and tyrants, and are objectively evil, regardless of whatever fear mongering or stupidity is dredged up to support them.
    I have grasp on morality, it just isn't morality of a suicider.

It can and it did multiple times. Reality cares not for idealism.

I have grasp on morality, it just isn't morality of a suicider.
    Nothing says "suicide" like joining the doomed campaigns of overly emotional snowflakes throwing genocidal temper tantrums or butchering their own people.

It can and it did multiple times. Reality cares not for idealism.
    Nope, not once. It's not "idealism" to say that committing genocide is wrong. Only fools claim that it can be "justified", but I doubt very seriously that you would be saying such if the genocide were aimed at you.

Whenever I see Talanji do anything, it feels like Blizzard made her just in order to force some obnoxious "YAASSS KWAAN SLAY" and "then everyone stood up and clapped" moments and that shit's cheap and boring to me. The fact that she's obviously created to replace her father doesn't help her case. Also, her voice isn't appealing to me. I'm sure the VA is talented, but I just don't like it. In short: I see no reasons to actually like her and a lot to not like her.

Jaina it is. Especially after Theramore. Even if she was a bit messy the past few years, I appreciate her more than pre-Theramore, when she was just a pissing pole for the Horde and for the sake of "peace". Her explosion was long overdue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    She kinda feels like Yrel 2.0 for some reason..
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I have absolutely zero buy-in with Talanji’s character. Her character stinks of trying too hard
    Agreed with these two posts, too.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2018-09-20 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Are you comparing, having a simple speed boost to your boat from a loa equivalent to pulling a gigantic arcanic flying city destroyer ship out of your ass?
    For now, Talanji is the only one with a consistent lore.
    She did get a speed boost to conveniently race towards a fog bank which splits as she arrives to show an armada that's ready to fire on her command. So she just quickly dials them up to tell them to shoot at the same time as soon as the fog splits while they're still far away. The fog conveniently dispersing enough to give those ships LOS to do an artillery strike on moving enemies. Yeha, no way is that any kind of deus ex machina. It's just that those forces are so good at anticipating that the fog would disperse just enough and that they were sure the ship that's under attack wouldn't be sunk so they just could wait it out.

It's not like the alliance would've needed Jaina if they would've just talked to the gnomes and brought some tanks from IF or even a flying fortress instead of building stupid towers. But it's the storytelling we got, so what can you do.

Nothing says "suicide" like joining the doomed campaigns of overly emotional snowflakes throwing genocidal temper tantrums or butchering their own people.

Nope, not once. It's not "idealism" to say that committing genocide is wrong. Only fools claim that it can be "justified", but I doubt very seriously that you would be saying such if the genocide were aimed at you.
    You misplace disturbed emotions. It is usually the side that does not ant to commit genocide that is plagued with erratic behaviors.

It did. It is idealism. Of curse, out of preservation even I would try to escape. Even the most vile of creatures wish to keep their lives intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    For now, Talanji is the only one with a consistent lore. And not a "I want to please 12 years old children lore". aka :
    she is so innocent
    she is so good,
    ho look she is so evil and awesome!
    wait no she is so good and innocent, and was betrayed.
    Ho yeah she is so freaking pragmatic now!
    GIVE HER A MAGICAL FLYING SHIP THAT DESTROY EVERYTHING !§§!§!§1
    Look at her she is a poor girl betrayed by the evil horde. And she has family problems, so sad.
    She is at least half of what you wrote lol her story arc is simply a lot less smaller and historically significant for Warcraft in comparison to Jaina's, so you're missing all the hints.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Talanji who?

This comparison is unfair. Horde fangirls will vote for Talanji despite being a nobody while Jaina is here forever. Taelia vs Talanji would be more appropriate despite the fact that Talanji was designed to be Jaina's counterpart.

Talanji is cool and her voice actress is very good, but my W3 nostalgia forces me to vote for Jaina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Jaina on the other hand pull magical ships and even entire fleets out of thin air.
    The Kul Tiran fleet was stuck in a magical storm. Jaina just released them.