Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    by far, yes.

i'd rather people be doing weed and psychedelics than alcohol.

someone seeing the universe is MUCH less annoying than a fucking disgusting drunk wretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Though thousands of people died of poisoning cause they tried to make moonshine, not to mention gang violence increased etc, eh?
    I'm sure you want to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You cannot physically smoke that much, you you'd die of suffocation due to inhalation before the actual drug was able to OD you.
    Yeah exactly, I read something once that said something along the lines of "In order to fatally overdose from smoking marijuana, one would have to smoke around 20 pounds in 12 mins." I have no idea if that's true, but if it is... omg:

20 pounds = 8960 grams
    12 mins = 720 seconds

That's smoking 12.44 grams per second, nearly a half ounce. You would die of asphyxiation long before OD point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What?

That is fact lol, read up about the prohibition.

If there were already problems when it was illegal, then why imagine the problems would become less so if it was legal?
    Especially when most often "incapacitation" is the reason for using it.

- - - Updated - - -

But not a lot of DUI fatalities, eh?
    In the numbers why divide what substance caused it, that is inconsequential is what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    like all drugs, it depends on the person. some folks can handle their drugs, others cannot.
    Yeah, no. Alcohol deaths come in a ton of fashions. Rage related murders, overdose, and intoxicated driving at alarming rates.

Not really about handling it, but about the fact it lowers inhibition in a dramatic fashion.

OT: Yes, it is more dangerous than weed, objectively. All things are best handled in moderation though, even weed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    how many folks use alcohol and dont die vs how many that do, stop holding the folks who cant handle a drug against the folks who can.
    almost 20% of all liver transplants are alcohol related, it has nothing to do with 'holding' anyone to anything, and everything to do with accepting the reality that alcohol is an extremely damaging substance to your body.

expect that's exactly what happened? yeah oh noes we might have a rise in DUI's which is totally unacceptable but the gang violence and lack of oversight currently going on is? did someone run over your dog while high or something?

He was a great one. I love this one.

What? That is fact lol, read up about the prohibition.
    I'm sure your "facts" add up to over the near 90k deaths every year caused by alcohol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    expect that's exactly what happened? yeah oh noes we might have a rise in DUI's which is totally unacceptable but the gang violence and lack of oversight currently going on is? did someone run over your dog while high or something?
    No.
    Used to live in the middle of that shit.
    Gang violence...is your justification...?
    That's a really shitty way of justifying what is likely your own use.

Deleted
    I'm sure your "facts" add up to over the near 90k deaths every year caused by alcohol.

- - - Updated - - -

No.
    ..... How old are you? 90+?

..... How old are you? 90+?
    Not far from it...but maybe you should have read who I was responding to and the context.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol: makes some people violent, others paranoid, can die from overdose, can get liver disease from prolonged usage...

Weed: makes people really chill, overdoses cause people to be even more chill. Prolonged usage ha e no proven medical side affects.

Both dramatically affect cognitive function at time of use but thats about it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think you mean "One destroys your liver AND your brain.

Cannabis doesn't damage your brain
    There's a reason why stoners are portrayed has buffoons. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-teen-brain

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There's a reason why stoners are portrayed has buffoons. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-teen-brain
    That explains most of the posts here in support of weed.

100% yes i have worked with addicts for a long time as both a volunteer and a full time Health advisor, Alcohol is a substance that once addicted is horrific to recover from. You might even say you many never fully recover. Cutting yourself off cold turkey can literally Kill you as your body will go into shock. Weed is something that is advised to be used medically to treat aspects of alcohol addiction to help relieve anxiety and pain.

How Marijuana is a class B drug and alcohol can be legally purchased by anyone over the age of 18 is far beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love this moderation pointed oput here.
    Drinking light ?? That was not me ever drink till i pass out every time for few years every weekend.
    Smoking bit ?? Thats not me used to smoke till I could not get up.
    Both options for years.

Personal opinion... I'w packed up drinking cause never remembered weekend or how I got back home and was not cheap on night out.
    Smoking loads.... Fucked up my short therm memory for looong time. Now I smoke just a bit for sleep.

Iw done most of chemicals I could think over years besides Heroin and even nastier stuff.
    So far from all stuff I tried Alcohol hands down is WORST DRUG EVER.

Not had any alcohol for over 5 years. Some mdma and lsd time to time keeps Me in better state. Weed ?? Thats good for my back pain and sleep

In then again only not made it to work One day in last 12 years. And that was cause was grinding dungeons whole weekend sunday and just not went to sleep or work on monday
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2018-09-20 at 08:07 PM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

No.
    what are you even arguing at this point.
    your gripe seems to be centered on DUI's which as it's been pointed out aren't conclusive.
    and.. you want to ignore the very real consequences of having a black market and what that does to this country for that reason alone?
    okay, have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    what are you even arguing at this point. your gripe seems to be centered on DUI's which as it's been pointed out aren't conclusive. and.. you want to ignore the very real consequences of having a black market and what that does to this country for that reason alone? okay, have fun with that.
    There's a black market for everything. Yes, cigarettes too.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It can slow down the frontal lobe from developing at a regular pace which normally takes until about age 25 in most to finish. People who have mental health issues that have hereditary links can have those come out earlier. That is about it, know that your brain may take longer to develop and don't smoke it if you have paranoia, or schizophrenia in your immediate family.