Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Well ... nope. Multiple nope, to be more precise.
    Compelling and well-crafted arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    P2W it's when it is possible to purchase something that can make your in-game character stronger in combat (doesn't matter, vs. mobs or other players). Tokens, mounts and pets aren't of the sort.
    1. Buy gold with token.
    2. Buy expensive BoE gear, often BiS.

Yep. Its p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    When even the devs are encouraging and happy that people are buying gold and pay2winning their way in the game, you know any hope of balancing it is out the window. From he front page:

"This means that more people are buying the Tokens with real money faster than those buying the token with gold. Thus causing the price to fall. It unfortunately means a little less gold for your token, but the market dictates that is how much it's worth at the moment. Lot's of gold is moving around as its still the start of an expansion. It's pretty normal.

In fact it means the opposite of what you're proposing, its good for WoW as a whole because it means people are buying plenty of tokens to sell for gold. Slightly negative for token sellers if anything.

I totally see the point you're making though, in that it implies less people are buying tokens with gold. Which isn't necessarily the truth but rather the value of those selling them for gold has drastically changed causing the price to fall.
    "

It's good for WoW as a whole...how in the unholy fuck is gold buying a good thing?
    Negative for gold sellers...you ARE gold sellers.

And of course the usual PR bullshit, they can "totally see what we're saying" and "isn't necessarily the truth" and "it's pretty normal". It's fine. Everything is fine.

It's "fine". The game is in a "good spot".
    oh yes this crap again...

must be nice to have an excuse for your lack of achievements... 'pay2win'... you don't even know what it means...

for the record most of the competitive players are now are BROKE and back when i was a hardcore i didn't even spent a minute farming as it's totally optional, if anything i find people hoarding gold in this game stupid no lifers...

best thing money can buy you in this game is a fucking BRUTOSAUR.... oh my!

@Binki you mean that you can buy 350 gear? is that some joke? even my alt is over 350 and he didn't even set his foot on heroic Uldir...
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2018-09-21 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Not that I give a shit, I don't measure the size of my dick and wealth by the amount of purple pixels I amass in video games, just saying, this is how I see it.
    Because neither are probably very impressive.

You do care or you woudnt make a post about it.
    Wow had gold sellers since the start so they might as well make some money from that market instead of only fighting it.

Making money was so easy the last 2 expansions and herbs still make good money.

You just seem mad you missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I sat out almost the entirety of WoD and Legion. Last I played seriously a gold stash of 50-100k was rather impressive.

Coming back in BfA where people are literally swimming in gold from the mission tables of two expansions while I've got fuckall and there's no real way to make money outside of AH (which requires investment capital to begin with, besides I've always loathed the AH) really does suck.

I have no idea how they'll drain the billionaires without screwing over the penniless however.
    Just bootstrap your operation by farming mats, which is the lowest risk/variance way. Currently you can make around 15K-25K/hr reliably (depends on the server) from that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    @Binki you mean that you can buy 350 gear? is that some joke? even my alt is over 350 and he didn't even set his foot on heroic Uldir...
    You forgot about warforge/titanforge. Because of it its no longer only 350 gear. Then there are Darkmoon trinkets that are best for some classes. And you can buy it all with real money.

So yes, it is p2w. It is limited, but it is what it is. But I'm not complaining, I haven't paid real money ever since tokens were introduced, so its fine. But it is pay2win, it has been for a while and there is no denying that.

Deleted
    People wants lots of gold for dino-AH mount, 5 mil

I couldn't care less about the gross spider mount, n most don't.... but a bigass dino?

Btw is hippo mount easy to get? need a few rated arenas battlegrounds?? My biggest issue is not finding those bumblebee mount...

I'm sure demand for gold will go down once most gotten dino n prices will go up again for tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Smart people dont farm anchor weed. Just like in real life the smart people figure out other ways to make more gold in the time it takes to farm that herb than it cost to buy. There are half a dozen things you can do in an hour to make enough gold to buy 2 times the amount of that herb than if you farmed it, this is where the disconnect seems to be with the common wow player, they dont get this.
    If you want to make that longboy , you are right, however ...

Farming mats has also advantages.
    - It requires no skills
    - It involves nearly 0 risk
    - It needs no upfront capital

So for people not interested in goldmaking that just want to cover their week's raid expenses, farming an hour might not be so bad.

Mission tables for passive gold making with numerous alts was what fucked up the economy.

Seriously... 30k in MoP became 400k in WoD. We didn't have WoW Tokens back then... so stop this pathetic excuse and using WoW Tokens as your go-to scapegoat.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-09-21 at 10:58 AM.

Sure there will be whales that buy their status symbol 'Longboy' and their 'Cutting Edge' carry with tokens for $.
    There's also a vast army of 'raidloggers', people that don't enjoy anything in WoW but raiding, and just log in before the raid, and log out after.
    They hate leveling, they hate questing, they hate everything in game, especially if it could be relevant as a gearing source like M+, outside the raid. They buy a token every two months to fund their raid expenses.
    I don't think in reality there's many buying BoE's with token gold tbh.

How things have changed.
    Feb 20
    Blizzard's Rob Pardo has criticized micro-transactions in MMOGs, saying the increasingly prevalent payment system is unfair to gamers in subscription-based games like World of Warcraft.

Pardo, the senior vice-president of game design at Blizzard, made the comments during the Q&A session following his GDC address entitled "Blizzard's Approach to Multiplayer Game Design." According to a WoW Insider transcript, Pardo was asked if Blizzard had considered implementing micro-transactions in World of Warcraft. "We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach," he replied. "We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW."

"Outside resources don't play into it - no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it," he continued. "What you get out of micro-transactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing it later."

When it was suggested micro-transactions might make it easier for casual gamers to maintain pace with more serious players, Pardo said, "They aren't going to be the ones spending the money."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You forgot about warforge/titanforge. Because of it its no longer only 350 gear. Then there are Darkmoon trinkets that are best for some classes. And you can buy it all with real money.

So yes, it is p2w. It is limited, but it is what it is. But I'm not complaining, I haven't paid real money ever since tokens were introduced, so its fine. But it is pay2win, it has been for a while and there is no denying that.
    So pay2limitedwin?

This can only be a big deal for people that have no time/money themselves. Just kids that cry but he got higher ilvl than me bohoooo.

Or just 0 friends to play with?

Why do people care so much? BoEs are mostly around 350 ilvl - if having 350 ilvl is "winning" to you then I can't even imagine what "losing" looks like, maybe pug a piss easy nhc raid, so you can "win" even more than them if their "winning" bothers you so much.
    Even mythic raid boosting - how does it affect you if some random pleb has more gear to do his pleb content?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold is harder to create in BFA unless you control a market and more people need Gold for Gear, Enchants and Consumables. Tokens are relatively expensive in BFA and I would assume most people won't bring in enough Gold to buy one monthly. It isn't really a bad thing for the Token price to be lower for Blizzard with more people buying it, Blizzard want you to get Gold from them instead of others.

Personally it going lower makes me pretty happy. I've had a reasonable income from the last few weeks, no where near my Legion income but still around 20% of that a month. I have enough Gold to not have to worry about it now, mainly due to Legion and with significant contribution from WoD Content.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    How is buying a "new shiny" with real money not "pay to win". It's unbelievable how people twist themselves in trying to defend Blizzard.
    They're obviously bad players that buy boosts and BoE gear like candy trying to rationalize that they're not paying to win. Until they try to get into my group and I make fun of them after inviting them only to kick them 5 seconds after.

Deleted
    So much bs in one post....
    When even the devs are encouraging and happy that people are buying gold and pay2winning their way in the game, you know any hope of balancing it is out the window.
    seriously how SILLY must one be to belive you can pay2win a game like wow, still?
    ah your thread is just trash click bait, eh?

[Some Blizzard Quotes]
    It's good for WoW as a whole...how in the unholy fuck is gold buying a good thing?
    Negative for gold sellers...you ARE gold sellers.
    you can buy currencies in all games these days do you rage about that as much too?
    plus it combants the chinese gold sellers.

PS: you thread title is 100% wrong as nothing of the hate you spill has ANYthing to do with wows ecconomy

And of course the usual PR bullshit, they can "totally see what we're saying" and "isn't necessarily the truth" and "it's pretty normal". It's fine. Everything is fine.
    mate as mucch as you rage I would advise to go out and get some fresh air to cd and leave wow behind you and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    You come back in BfA when one herb is worth around 750g ea & farming groups for BoEs were/still are a great source of gold so its not like you don't have an opportunity, just find it easier to complain about instead

Edit: You'll find the vast majority of players don't have a lot of gold so you are definitely not alone
    Lol are you for real? I was 340 really early on just from busting a nut over the AH and getting a load of 350 gear (355 weapons) when people were desperately completing WQs for blues. You don't think being able to get into any mythic group is an advantage early expansion when everyone is networking with others who will be ready for M+ and raiding as quickly as possible?

I absolutely feel sorry for people who missed the gold rush. Just from WoD alone I had almost 3 mill gold, are you going to sit there and pretend it's fair or "fun" for players who missed that train to sell herbs so that maybe they will have a fraction of that gold in 6 months time?

Give me a break... the economy in this game is just as fucked as the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Lol are you for real? I was 340 really early on just from busting a nut over the AH and getting a load of 350 gear (355 weapons) when people were desperately completing WQs for blues. You don't think being able to get into any mythic group is an advantage early expansion when everyone is networking with others who will be ready for M+ and raiding as quickly as possible?

I absolutely feel sorry for people who missed the gold rush. Just from WoD alone I had almost 3 mill gold, are you going to sit there and pretend it's fair or "fun" for players who missed that train to sell herbs so that maybe they will have a fraction of that gold in 6 months time?

Give me a break... the economy in this game is just as fucked as the rest of the expansion.
    He asked about making gold, I gave him plenty of options, whats that got to do with you buying weapons and gear that was redundant before any real content come out (fucking smart good stuff!) grats man, you can do those m0s so good!

Should I feel sorry for people who didn't get scarab lord? Immortal title? didn't buy a spectral tiger in WoD? If you don't play the game at the time, you suck it up and move on, there is plenty of ways STILL to make gold if you want to.

Deleted
    I’m seriously in awe how Blizz has spun this narrative and how people assure themselves within their echo chambers instead of attempting some autonomous critical thinking. How they are ready to spit hate at others based on semantics. Guess the same people complain about the bad state of the community, but I didn’t check really. I will take a guess there.

WoW is subscription based, has no signs of WDM model implementation and there are no different goals for different players in such a vast game to make more than one target group interested in playing. Legit.
    Keep hating people who are outside your echo chambers. Makes you look so much wiser and surely improves your authority. Legit.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    If you want to make that longboy , you are right, however ...

Farming mats has also advantages.
    - It requires no skills
    - It involves nearly 0 risk
    - It needs no upfront capital

So for people not interested in goldmaking that just want to cover their week's raid expenses, farming an hour might not be so bad.
    Longboy is a bad investment. To each their own who get one, its their choice, but from a logical standpoint there isn't much value in it for a single person. Lambos are nice to have but not practical. Maybe if I ever hit that 1 billion mark ill get it LOL. Even with the shear amount of gold I have amassed 5 million on a mount is LUDICROUS, it takes me 10 seconds longer to bop to a mailbox and send shit to my bank alt LOL, I didn't get rich in wow by buying dumb shit.