Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should WoW @ Blizzcon 2018 be cancelled?

Should the entire WoW component at Blizzcon 2018 be cancelled?

Blizzard themselves have said that it often takes months to prepare for Blizzcon, let alone the extraordinary effort that is required at the event itself. Given the current state of the game with its excessive number of bugs, tuning issues and design flaws, I think it would be not only inappropriate but disrespectful to be parading around Blizzcon and acting like everything is okay whilst the playerbase suffers through BFA.

I think that the WoW devs should forget about Blizzcon entirely, and use the precious dev time that they keep talking about to fix the core issues with BFA. This is make or break for BFA. They cannot afford to be prancing around events like this at this time. Besides, Ion has already told us a lot of what is planned for WoW in the future already, so there wouldn't really be a need for the entire WoW team to be there to remind us.

They will make a lot more money in the long run with a satisfied playerbase than trying to make a quick few bucks from disgruntled players.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-09-22 at 06:40 PM.

Thats the stupidest shit i have heard today and thats saying a lot
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    core issues?

blizzard is making more money on wow than ever, which alone is the proof that wow is absolutly fine and some spergs in the forum crying about X dont matter

Please, get help.

Of course not... what the hell is wrong with you? Can you imagine the outcry if they were to cancel it and now? Nobody is this daft.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Report the OP, obvious trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Of course not... what the hell is wrong with you? Can you imagine the outcry if they were to cancel it and now? Nobody is this daft.
    They've done it with D3. All they have to say is that they don't have anything to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Report the OP, obvious trolling.
    There is already precedent of this happening with D3, so it's definitely not trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    no

/10char

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Thats the stupidest shit i have heard today and thats saying a lot
    Just check this dude other threads, if we would make top #100 MMOChamp stupid threads, he would take like half of them.

Once everyday, I look up to the forums wondering if I'll find a thread more stupid than the ones I saw yesterday. And oh boy- I'm never disappointed...

D3 has basically stopped adding any sort of content, all that's left is seasons. That is very much different to WoW that is still getting expansions and patches, regardless of what you think of said content. It's silly to suggest WoW should skip Blizzcon as that's the reason a lot of people go to it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    They've done it with D3. All they have to say is that they don't have anything to announce.

There is already precedent of this happening with D3, so it's definitely not trolling.
    Actually nvm I'm not touching this. I don't need an infraction.

Have fun guys.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Ok I'm not the biggest fan of BfA but even I think this is possibly the dumbest damn thing I've read in a while.

Should the entire WoW component at Blizzcon 2018 be cancelled?

Blizzard themselves have said that it often takes months to prepare for Blizzcon, let alone the extraordinary effort that is required at the event itself. Given the current state of the game with its excessive number of bugs, tuning issues and design flaws, I think it would be not only inappropriate but disrespectful to be parading around Blizzcon and acting like everything is okay whilst the playerbase suffers through BFA.

I think that the WoW devs should forget about Blizzcon entirely, and use the precious dev time that they keep talking about to fix the core issues with BFA. This is make or break for BFA. They cannot afford to be prancing around events like this at this time. Besides, Ion has already told us a lot of what is planned for WoW in the future already, so there wouldn't really be a need for the entire WoW team to be there to remind us.

They will make a lot more money in the long run with a satisfied playerbase than trying to make a quick few bucks from disgruntled players.
    Take a breath.
    Step back from the game.

Maybe re-evaluate your life.
    If you make stupid posts like this, and probably mean it as well, there is something seriously wrong with the way you see the world in general and wow specifically.

It's a game. Millions of people playing it. Is it perfect? No, but what is.
    There are 10-20 sour (ex)players griping 24/7 about some issues they think are soooo important, and as far as they have a point Bliz is working on improving those points.
    Your overreaction is totally unwarranted. How long ago did you have a good night's sleep and some vitamins?

Try and not post more stupid stuff like this to avoid making yourself look even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    D3 has basically stopped adding any sort of content, all that's left is seasons. That is very much different to WoW that is still getting expansions and patches, regardless of what you think of said content. It's silly to suggest WoW should skip Blizzcon as that's the reason a lot of people go to it.
    Overwatch, HotS, SC2, Hearthstone, D4, cosplay, concert, friends, store, goodie bag, etc. Plenty of other reasons to go while the WoW devs fix BFA.

Deleted
    No reason to. Plenty of whales with more money than brains, willing to buy tickets or even go there in person because 1000 euro worth of plane tickets, is not a big deal.

Deleted
    Given the current state of the game with its excessive number of bugs
    I am now picturing the nerds who are in charge of debugging wow running around Anaheim with giant blizzard banners trying to decorate the convention center.

Overwatch, HotS, SC2, Hearthstone, D4, cosplay, concert, friends, etc. Plenty of other reasons to go while the WoW devs fix BFA.
    You're never gonna convince anyone this is a good idea. WoW will be at Blizzcon till there is no more Blizzcons.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Overwatch, HotS, SC2, Hearthstone, D4, cosplay, concert, friends, store, goodie bag, etc. Plenty of other reasons to go while the WoW devs fix BFA.
    You really need to take a break from wow, take a look into the mirror and say: the world doesn't resolve around me.

On the contrary to D3 WoW is the major attraction point to why people go to BlizzCon and what made it to what it is. If they cut WoW from BlizzCon they might aswell cancel BlizzCon.