Poll: What did you prefer

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    The Order Hall campaign quests were much better than the shitty storytelling we are getting in BFA. Also having unique storylines for the other classes (alts) is a positive, not a negative.
    Not really. But to the point, so that's all the huge amount of content that have people up in arms? A quest chain with made up retconned lore that was gated behind mission tables? That's it?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why give you hard contents when you are not interested in them?
    Becouse most people are not interested becouse there is no reason to do harder content? Once you finish LFR Uldir you have finished raiding content. Unbeaten content is biggest carrot what holds players in the game playing no matter if you chosse to do it or not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    you have a raid, 10 dungeons, island expeditions, dailies, the warfront, arenas, bgs, pvp brawls, the war campaign, unlocking allied races with their related quest and ofc leveling along with all the misc content
    I did all of that, except for M Uldir (cba), and I barely scratch 12 hours played a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You could only farm Heroics after the Dungeon Tool came end WotlK. Before you had lockouts, too.

And what max level quests are you talking about? Especially "multiple hours" quest?

BC had the Netherdrake "Questline". One quest for each rep level after the long rep grind?
    Everything else was a rep grind with dailies like Arakkoa.

Wotlk had no questline for max level.

Cataclysm had none max level questline at the start.

MoP had a rep and weekly gated Golden Lotus Storyline.

WoD had none.

Legion had the biggest max level quest lines so far. Esepcially Suramar, though gated.

So many different questlines at max level....you are just another cryhard with his pink glasses on. As EVERY addon in the whole fucking game because IQ80 guys are spread everywhere.
    I don't remember heroics having a weekly lockout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Because you conveniently choose to ignore all content that isn't "for you". There's still the same amount of content to do as in early Legion and then more on top of that
    There is no point to take content you would not play into account if you compare 2 expansions based on the content that you play. In this regards, Legion was better than BfA for me in terms of expansion-specific content. And BfA is better than WoD, also in terms of expansion-specific content. I would put MoP in between BfA and Legion, and Cata in between WoD and BfA. WotLK and TBC are excluded because I have been part of a raiding guild in these expansions and had more content available to me than in the following expansions where I left organised content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I don't remember heroics having a weekly lockout.
    It was daily.

The "content" is the same as in legion. It's just doesn't worth doing it, because the reward you get for it is shit. People need to realize it's not the reward that makes "content" content though. Wqs were and are shallow in both expansion, adding legendaries behind them didnt make them better "content-y". Artifact or azerite same rental, and endless shit you're gonna lose at the end of the expac. Reps are the same too as in legion. Mythics are just mythics. Raids are raids. The exact same without rewards. Oh, minus Suramar ofc.
    Seriously how are they different????
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-09-26 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    The Order Hall campaign quests were much better than the shitty storytelling we are getting in BFA. Also having unique storylines for the other classes (alts) is a positive, not a negative.
    I don't disagree that class-specific content can be good, but the Order Hall quests were super class dependent. The Hunter and Priest campaigns were absolutely horrid slogs to get through. The Warlock and Rogue ones were pretty decent, though. I'd much rather fewer questlines that are higher quality (I really liked the War Campaign) than to subject anyone to another Hunter Order Hall questline.

I perfer to have content when you get the best gear available. Currently there is very little to do since most content was consumed with an ilevel of 330-350

ehm, excuse me?

you have a raid, 10 dungeons, island expeditions, dailies, the warfront, arenas, bgs, pvp brawls, the war campaign, unlocking allied races with their related quest and ofc leveling along with all the misc content (pet battles, world events etc)

what exactly do you mean by no content?

if you did manage to clear all that already... well do you even have a job pal?
    Same argument for you again:

LFR, Normal and Heroic don't matter once you cleared heroic, which is pretty easy except the last 2 bosses.
    As soon as that happens you are normally also at an item level that makes the following content obsolete:
    - Dailies
    - Warfronts
    - Mythics and M+ (Except 1 each week for Azerite gear)
    Obsolete in this content means that you either can not get an item upgrade from it or the chances to get said upgrade are really really small because you need luck with titanforging, tertiary stats or sockets. E.g. if you have 375 bracers you can of course run m+ to get an upgrade for them, but the chances to actually get an upgrade are, well, not very big and therefore not interesting for many people.

The war campaign and unlocked allied races is a one time thing and done very quickly (besides the rep grind of course, but even that was not the hard considering the amount of reputation your get for emissary quest and table missions). Like really, unlocking dwarfs is a 20-25 minute quests and who war campaign might take somewhere between 1 and 2 hours if you read all quest texts and do not skip cinematics etc.

Then you go with Arena, BGs and PVP Brawls and while you are right that this is interesting content for some people you forget that:
    - Many people do not care for PVP at all
    - It is THE SAME CONTENT AS IN LEGION! Nothing about it has changed!

And last but not least: While pet battles can be fun and I fully support their implementation in WoW, you can not be serious if you say "What do you mean you have nothing to do? Do pet battles!" Nobody buys warcraft with the thought "I really want to play some bad pokemon rip off in a fantasy setting" it is nice to have but may never ever count as content.

And as you can see that were already all the things you listed. You are right that it LOOKs like a lot of content, but if everything of it is obsolete, for the average player it feels like there is no content, because it is not engaging for him.

It is the same as in WoD, there also was more content than people remember (e.g. Garrison invasions) but nobody did it, because it was not rewarding and therefore not interesting.

You left off "too much to do" for anything other than gearing up for raids or mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Step 1: play 2 to 6 hours a day every day.
    Step 2: dont count the parts of the game you dont like as content (pvp, pet battle, M+, arena) and only count the things you do.
    Step 3: now that you have done the things you like to the point where they arent as rewarding then you can now go and complain about it.
    1. Arenas is the same as PVP, which shorts your list to 3 points
    2. M+ is content, it is just very easy to reach a point where it is not rewarding anymore, which make it feel like no content
    3. Even if you are a PVP player (many people are not) I am sure you realize that PVP was not actually the target of this expansion. No PVP WQs, no new BG, no new arena, everything is exactly as in Legion. This means that virtually there is no content, because all the PVP content was already doable in the last expansion (or in case of battle ground since classic in some cases). The exception is warmode of course, but this is really broken atm because most alliance players just do not turn it on, so both sides can not enjoy it. Also there is no incentive to do it in the first place (read: The 10% bonus are not enough)
    4. See my response to the other guy here. It is fine if you like pet battles and I also enjoy doing them sometimes, but really - nobody buy WoW with the intention to play pet battles. Nice to have, but no, this really does not qualify as content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    I don't disagree that class-specific content can be good, but the Order Hall quests were super class dependent. The Hunter and Priest campaigns were absolutely horrid slogs to get through. The Warlock and Rogue ones were pretty decent, though. I'd much rather fewer questlines that are higher quality (I really liked the War Campaign) than to subject anyone to another Hunter Order Hall questline.
    I agree, the Hunter order hall questline was not that great. Which sucked as my main is Hunter. But even then, I'd say I enjoyed it more than the War Campaign quests.

The War Campaign quests aren't even voiced. For whatever reason.

The one thing legion had was suramar in terms of actual content. Other than that it was a shitty raid m+ and pvp. The artifact grind was more rewarding because you didn’t loose power. Legendaries made people replay old content over and over which is awesome for folks like me who are slowcould always find a group. They are gone because people hated them

Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    How do we go from too much content at the start of legion to non at all in BFA
    You didn't, at this point in Legion you had:
    WQs/Emissary
    Class Campaign
    Raids
    Mythic+
    Surumar

In BFA you have:
    WQs/Emissary
    War Campaign
    Raids
    Islands
    Warfronts
    Mythic+

Only thing we are lacking from Legion is a cap lvl zone quest line. We gained 2 items of Content with Islands and Warfronts. I didn't add stuff like Professions or pvp because for the most part these aspects of the game are not changed. Not having Legos as a possible reward has made me stop doing Emissarys all togeather unless it is a good reward. same for M+ farming hopeing for a slight upgrade isn't the same as hoping for a BiS lego, the motivation just isn't there for me. Rewards are the main problem IMO, just like in WoD. Not the amount of content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I did all of that, except for M Uldir (cba), and I barely scratch 12 hours played a week.
    i'll take the liberty of assuming you didn't reach glad either (correct me if i'm wrong)

so you did all the casual content without spending TOO much time, well if you want more keep going for mythic, high keystones and high rated PvP, that's how the game has always been, complaining that you clear everything too fast while not clearing the actually challenging content makes no sense

the content you cleared is meant for people who do not want to commit too heavily on the game

@Accendor

you're right that dailies, normal/hc etc don't matter once you clear mythic Uldir, but if you just cleared it you probably need to get out and meet some real people, not more content, completing high keystones will always be challenging as it's a matter of how high can you go and not whether you can clear a static difficulty

as for PvP yeah it's never new but it's also never old

besides which xpac had more content? only legion and that's still a maybe, it remains to be seen in 8.1 and 8.2
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2018-09-26 at 10:34 AM.

@Accendor

you're right that dailies, normal/hc etc don't matter once you clear mythic Uldir, but if you just cleared it you probably need to get out and meet some real people, not more content, completing high keystones will always be challenging as it's a matter of how high can you go and not whether you can clear a static difficulty

as for PvP yeah it's never new but it's also never old

besides which xpac had more content?
    I am not talking about clearing mythic Uldir, I am talking about doing regular HC uldir (not even the last 2 bosses) and starting with mythic. That has like NOTHING to do with having no life.

And yes, Keystones might be challenging, but most people (including me) are not doing something simply for the challenge but to get a reward out of it (carrot on a stick). So yeah, cool that I can do M+20, but I still have no reason to do it.

Like srsly, I am currently only a heroic raider (we have not really started mythic yet due to rooster problems and us being lazy af, which is very sad to be honest) and all content outside of mythic raids and the weekly cache actually progresses my character. One month into the expansion. That is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am not talking about clearing mythic Uldir, I am talking about doing regular HC uldir (not even the last 2 bosses) and starting with mythic. That has like NOTHING to do with having no life.

And yes, Keystones might be challenging, but most people (including me) are not doing something simply for the challenge but to get a reward out of it (carrot on a stick). So yeah, cool that I can do M+20, but I still have no reason to do it.

Like srsly, I am currently only a heroic raider (we have not really started mythic yet due to rooster problems and us being lazy af, which is very sad to be honest) and all content outside of mythic raids and the weekly cache actually progresses my character. One month into the expansion. That is just crazy.
    so the problem is not that there is no content but rather that you do not wish to complete it for whatever reason

so the problem is not that there is no content but rather that you do not wish to complete it for whatever reason
    Using the WoD argument is going to convince people. Yeah WoD had content you could do but most of it was not interesting or rewarding. BFA has a lot of content but very little of it is rewarding. BFA has ocean wide content but the depth of a puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Using the WoD argument is going to convince people. Yeah WoD had content you could do but most of it was not interesting or rewarding. BFA has a lot of content but very little of it is rewarding. BFA has ocean wide content but the depth of a puddle.
    ehm, remember that there used to be a rewards (aka the legendaries) and people bitched and whined non stop till they go removed?

what do you want them to do? hand you 380 items for doing daily quests or completing the war campaign?

ehm, remember that there used to be a rewards (aka the legendaries) and people bitched and whined non stop till they go removed?

what do you want them to do? hand you 380 items for doing daily quests or completing the war campaign?
    Actually people that do mythic + content to be rewarded appropriately. Bring back PVP vendors and even badge gear for entry level gearing. Basic things like this.