Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Zekhan totally gonna be the guy who will die to finally dispel saurfangs crippling depression for 5 minutes allowing him to do something.
    Saurfang : my boi, i will take care of your child, they will live another day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Another WoW meme has come to fuck up the lore. What’s next? Is the Turtle that made it to the water becoming Warchief?
    as long as it is not warchife-baine
    i'm ok
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    as long as it is not warchife-baine
    i'm ok
    A turtle made it to the Grommash Hold.

But yeah, Peacechief Baine Cuckhoof is the last thing the Horde needs.

Because he is still better than Alleria. He inspired a lot of players and as you said he is new. One of the greatest stories is about character's journey from farmboy to Jedi Master. From rookie to Master of Martial arts. From mere kid to Avatar, master of elements.
    Alleria also started as a relatively weak ranger who lacked any supernatural magical power, and then ascended to become the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and we spectated that character arc through various materials like the game, novels and audio-dramas.

Furthermore, Alleria also inspired a lot of people, just look at the vast amount of cosplays and fan-arts that she has on websites like DeviantArt.

Ultimately, this franchise is not about random grunts or soldiers, but powerful unique individuals, whether they be forces of good (Lady Alleria Windrunner), neutral forces (Magister Umbric, Locus-Walker), or even forces of evil (Sylvanas Windrunner, Theron, Rommath, Illidan, Yrel, Gallywix, Nathanos, etc.). Mooks like Zekhan have no place in this narrative.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-26 at 12:53 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Alleria also started as a relatively weak ranger who lacked any supernatural magical power, and then ascended to become the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and we spectated that character arc through various materials like the game, novels and audio-dramas.

Furthermore, Alleria also inspired a lot of people, just look at the vast amount of cosplays and fan-arts that she has on websites like DeviantArt.

Ultimately, this franchise is not about random grunts or soldiers, but powerful unique individuals, whether they be forces of good (Lady Alleria Windrunner), neutral forces (Magister Umbric), or even forces of evil (Sylvanas Windrunner, Theron, Rommath, Illidan, Yrel, Gallywix, Nathanos, etc.). Mooks like Zekhan have no place in this narrative.
    I think thats in reverse here. Alleria seems to be inspired by deviantART. Sonic vore fanfictions in particular.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2018-09-26 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---

Mod Edit: There was a thread warning to discontinue this tangent previously.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-26 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Removed Off-Topic Reply
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Ultimately, this franchise is not about random grunts or soldiers, but powerful unique individuals, whether they be forces of good (Lady Alleria Windrunner), neutral forces (Magister Umbric, Locus-Walker), or even forces of evil (Sylvanas Windrunner, Theron, Rommath, Illidan, Yrel, Gallywix, Nathanos, etc.). Mooks like Zekhan have no place in this narrative.
    Well then I must be oddity because I cared more about Taylor and Nazgrim than for any faction figure head.
    And I care more for Zekhan than I'd would possibly care for any Windrunner.

The ground-level characters are more relateable, they have actual stuggles, and they don't have any superpowers on their side, they can die any day. This is why they're so great, they're characters with limits, with flaws, but also room to grow and improve.

This is why people are anticipating Zekhan so much, they want to watch him going from mere grunt to some prominent hero. He doesn't have to be faction leader even.

I also welcome new characters, Horde desperately needs them and Zekhan was a great start.

I think thats in reverse here. Alleria seems to be inspired by deviantART. Sonic vore fanfictions in particular.
    LOL
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

I have seen jellyfish more solid than your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen jellyfish more solid than your argument.
    I remember when "Nobody had seen Alleria and Turalyon in a long time" and we didn't have to deal with this LARPing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I remember when "Nobody had seen Alleria and Turalyon in a long time" and we didn't have to deal with this LARPing.
    Those were great times indeed. In fact the most enjoyable aspect of that perpetually hinted comeback is that never happened. Until now, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Those were great times indeed. In fact the most enjoyable aspect of that perpetually hinted comeback is that never happened. Until now, unfortunately.
    I'm retroactively grateful to Blizz that they only inflicted this LARPing on us now rather than any time in the last 15 years.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I love how people are weirding out about weird fanfiction of zappyboi and SF. Have you guys seen what happen to bowser recently ?
    Oh Internet... you never cease to amaze me. In both terrifying and amazing ways. The Royal Crown subreddit is great.

Deleted
    Here's to hoping for a Blizz storyline where they have to magically disappear again, maybe this time for a millenia - I don't care how convoluted it has to be, I'll take it

LOL @ people pushing fanfiction and then blaming Blizzard for not pissing all over their lore and characters to make it true.

Also LOL @ people saying "don't push that gay shit into the game" - asking for inclusion isn't pushing anything, especially in such a mainstream media like videogames.

Third LOL @ the idea that Blizzard wouldn't ever do something like that. Jaina screwed a Dragon. A Forsaken man was in love with Johnny Awesome. The gay Zandalari woman that takes you to the Temple of Akunda to save "her friend" (the memory shows her kneeling in the quarters asking her not to go).

Fourth LOL @ characters "hooking up" - other than some flavor in a patch or couples already established by previous games, romance isn't something that is shown much (if at all) in this game.

Man this forum is wild sometimes.

OT:

It would be cool to give Rak... ehh, Zekhan some spotlight, for two reasons:

- Zekhan is the new blood of the Horde, the guys who look up people like Saurfang and others, and they're the ones to become legends next. It's a nice way of passing the torch and teach an old Orc who lost his hopes for the future that there's still a Horde worth fighting for.
    - Zekhan is a Darkspear. Other than Rokhan who, miraculously had some involvement in this whole thing, we have no Darkspear representation. Fleshing out a new character is always welcome.

#Hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Just print some screens of this forum, send them to blizzard and hope they will do something about it. Im sure they expected cringe when they asspulled void elves, but this is too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Oh Internet... you never cease to amaze me. In both terrifying and amazing ways. The Royal Crown subreddit is great.
    This is basically what FATE: series is, but now for nintendo characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Those were called the good old days. When Orcs ran the Horde, the Alliance wasn't AS pathetic and devs didn't insult our intelligence
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

oh, they have their place.
    same place red-shirts take around the main characters in star trek, body-bags or in this case fodder for the next was of suicidal assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Here's to hoping for a Blizz storyline where they have to magically disappear again, maybe this time for a millenia - I don't care how convoluted it has to be, I'll take it
    I really don't think there's anything that could be more poorly written or convoluted than Alleria's new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'm retroactively grateful to Blizz that they only inflicted this LARPing on us now rather than any time in the last 15 years.
    Do you guys think they knew just how cringy the 1-man fanbase would be? I honestly don't think I could've predicted this. Maybe they haven't inflicted this on as, as much as accidentally unleashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    Those were called the good old days. When Orcs ran the Horde, the Alliance wasn't AS pathetic and devs didn't insult our intelligence
    I'm really digging the Moonblade rebrand account, honestly. Orcs were in their rightful place, the game was actually fun, and Anduin was a minor character that could easily be ignored. Oh what a time it was.

So I took you up on your word and looked into it, and:

I wouldn't call this one much of a Windrunner, but she tried.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm really digging the Moonblade rebrand account, honestly. Orcs were in their rightful place, the game was actually fun, and Anduin was a minor character that could easily be ignored. Oh what a time it was.
    Not a rebrand, I deleted my old account because I had to focus on my job and it was getting too distracting. And I believe it was called 'classic' hopefully that's returning to us soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't call this one much of a Windrunner, but she tried.
    More of a Windbreaker.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a rebrand, I deleted my old account because I had to focus on my job and it was getting too distracting. And I believe it was called 'classic' hopefully that's returning to us soon.
    Fair enough. I'm looking forward to classic, but let's be honest, Wrath was the high point. The story was much better, classes were developed and fun, death knights were a thing (and fun), and our lad Garrosh was leading the charge and stirring up conflict. Things seemed great!

More of a Windbreaker.
    Wind, scales is there anything the power of cheesburg the Void can't break?

Deleted
    Well, if i remember correctly Alleria herself said, she will keep up her "sanity" as long as her son lives. We just have to kill her son, after that she will go batshit crazy Void God worshipping cultist, kill Turalyon, because as the husband, its all his fault, obviously. After that, she will get hit by the villainbat and we raid her into oblivion. And the little mook Zekhan gets the last hit.