Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost DK Mythic +

Anyone main frost that primarily focus on higher keys? I am seeing good things with raiding, as frost.. assuming you dont fuck up the only thing you have going for you BoS lol.. anyways, how is it in higher keys?

Deleted
    Im a 363 ilvl frost dk and i honestly feel very fine in high dungeons. Only downside i feel is that we dont have any aoe stun but damage and survivability feels really good
    Just make sure to not forgett using pillar and BoS as much as you can on trash and not only on bosses.

Deleted
    What spec/talents is best for DPSing in 10+?

Standard frost raid build but with Frostscythe?

I'm in the process of switching from unholy and my stats arent perfect for frost at the moment

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...enor/Scareglow

Is Obliteration viable in Mythic plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    not really, you just learn the pacing of your group and use BoS on trash in between bosses.

Deleted
    Of course if you ever get an inv for m+.
    Most ppl dont care about when there is a dh, rogue for melee

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Of course if you ever get an inv for m+.
    Most ppl dont care about when there is a dh, rogue for melee
    100%

everygroup now looks for a DH first and foremost and then a rogue

The way you play frost in M+ is respec to Blood, as people said above most people take a Rogue or DH over any other melee.
    Not only do they bring utility they output more dps but if you do manage to get in one scythe and gathering storm are key you have insane trash dps and great single target.

Quote Originally Posted by betaplayer100000 View Post
    The way you play frost in M+ is respec to Blood, as people said above most people take a Rogue or DH over any other melee.
    Not only do they bring utility they output more dps but if you do manage to get in one scythe and gathering storm are key you have insane trash dps and great single target.
    Pretty much this.

If you want to to somewhat high M+ keys as a DK, specc blood... if you want to be a dps reroll to DH or rogue. Sad but this is the reality right now. Blizzard obviously dont care about this class anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Pretty much this.

If you want to to somewhat high M+ keys as a DK, specc blood... if you want to be a dps reroll to DH or rogue. Sad but this is the reality right now. Blizzard obviously dont care about this class anymore.
    Frost is a spec, not the class. Shaman is the class they don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Frost is a spec, not the class. Shaman is the class they don't care about.
    While shaman really are in a bad place so far this expansion, trying to push M+ score as a melee DPS other than rogue and DH is pretty difficult. Rogues are a particular problem, as they have more ST DPS, more AOE DPS, far better damage mitigation/avoidance, and far better CC/control than all other melee specs. Honestly it would be tolerable if they just had higher damage, but the fact that their damage mitigation is so far ahead of plate wearing melee is really silly. I just passed 900 score on my warrior, and at 372 ilvl I still have to apply to 8-10 times to a +9 or higher before getting an invite. And I don't really blame anyone for that since even though I am more than competitive in damage done, I bring nothing to the table in terms of control or damage avoidance.
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2018-09-27 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    While shaman really are in a bad place so far this expansion, trying to push M+ score as a melee DPS other than rogue and DH is pretty difficult. Rogues are a particular problem, as they have more ST DPS, more AOE DPS, far better damage mitigation/avoidance, and far better CC/control than all other melee specs. Honestly it would be tolerable if they just had higher damage, but the fact that their damage mitigation is so far ahead of plate wearing melee is really silly. I just passed 900 score on my warrior, and at 372 ilvl I still have to apply to 8-10 times to a +9 or higher before getting an invite. And I don't really blame anyone for that since even though I am more than competitive in damage done, I bring nothing to the table in terms of control or damage avoidance.
    You forgot that rogues also have group AE stealth to skip packs so you don't have to do the death skip!

Deleted
    could a rogue or dh actually compete with frost/unholy on very big pulls?
    unholy has exponential scaling with monster number and frost has BoS and FF.

like obv rogue and dh will be better for 99% of the groups but i could see someone playing dk in a tournament MAYBE.
    pretty niche pick and a niche that that doesnt exist that much atm in the current state of m+.

Deleted
    I’m clearing m+ on 7-8 as s blood dk and trust me for dps i’m considering first We have a Pack to skip which means We need rogue( for random teams invisib potion is Not an option..). Most mechanics prefer rangeds so hunter mage balance lock seems legit for the other 2 spot. I have a warrior friend so I’m always taking arms in team(charge hleap gives him the needed mobility. Then havoc/rogue for big dps and mobil and shroud is nice( also horde havoc is belf so arcane torrent handy atm) and hunter with bl pet.
    Blood is Good for m+ and Thats all dk can offer for m+ sad but true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    could a rogue or dh actually compete with frost/unholy on very big pulls?
    unholy has exponential scaling with monster number and frost has BoS and FF.

like obv rogue and dh will be better for 99% of the groups but i could see someone playing dk in a tournament MAYBE.
    pretty niche pick and a niche that that doesnt exist that much atm in the current state of m+.
    Also its necrotic week so small fast pulls requied atm. BoS is good but if Thats all dk can do then most ppl will pass it for better options.

Deleted
    There is so much whine on dk forums now its hilarious. My guess is that 95% of all whining is from low parsing 330 geared dks who cant even play properly.
    Did some 8-10 keys on time last week and also this week and almost all of the time i came up first on overall damage done and did not feel unwanted a single time! Go learn how/when to use breath on packs and you will top damage meters before you know it.
    Sure it might require more activity playing dk then maybe a rogue/dh but how fun is it playing an easy class?

Stop whining or reroll, i wont miss you guys at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Necrotic week is not the same as small pulls, its all about the tank kiting

Quote Originally Posted by kriff89 View Post
    Necrotic is all about a timed tank stat reset and sadly a DH+Rogue combo is even better as a broken frost mage.

Deleted
    There is so much whine on dk forums now its hilarious. My guess is that 95% of all whining is from low parsing 330 geared dks who cant even play properly.
    Did some 8-10 keys on time last week and also this week and almost all of the time i came up first on overall damage done and did not feel unwanted a single time! Go learn how/when to use breath on packs and you will top damage meters before you know it.
    Sure it might require more activity playing dk then maybe a rogue/dh but how fun is it playing an easy class?

Stop whining or reroll, i wont miss you guys at all!

- - - Updated - - -

U know every dungeon is dufferent. And until dk dont get something extra i wont boring another one besides me to dps. You can do the best dps overall but i choose overall utility over dps Not to mention other classes have better way to survive when things goes wrong. Ibf on 3 m Still a joke.
    I’m Not saying dps dk is bad, just there are a lot better and safer choices exist. Rogue sap, dh imprison helps a lot sometimes.

It's not a matter of doing good damage, FDK are very solid in that regard. It's a matter of utility, both actual and perceived.

Actual utility isn't so bad with grip, BR and control undead for some dungeons.
    Perceived utility is low, so few pugs will take a FDK if they've got a hunt/drood/rogue/dh in queue instead.

If you only play with friends, it's not an issue, obviously.

Deleted
    But when you play a blood like me with arms u wont inv another dk when u need classes that can do other things besides dmg. Mage is strong obviously, so as balance(aoe silence is my fav) locks brings healthstones. Most mythics actually prefers rangeds rather Than melees(also most of them survives better Than a dps dk. Most melees to. Shame but Torday dps is Not enough, its a bring the class game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I prefer it. You get out abt 7 crit frost scythes which does a good amount of damage. Start with a decent amt of rp, GA->scythe>fs/rime->scythe. It's up every pack or every other pack depending. I'm a consistent trash king. Not having BoS sucks for bosses but at least obliteration helps with resource drought so u have a few less gcds.