Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Again another shaman who doesn't want gameplay changes but be number one dps wise. Please bro relax. You are not the only class complaining about balance issues.
    Oh quiet you. You try playing your spec at the top 100 in the world level and get outdpsed by some warlock who's only pulling 66th percentile dps and see how that feels; and this is not calling out warlocks. When you are playing your class to the max and putting in more effort than others, yet it's not remotely rewarding you know you're playing a broken class. Hell i've been benched for the first time since BC while pulling orange parses. That's how fucked up that is. Enhance has been getting the shaft with these late changes every expansion and there's always someone like you defending blizzard whenever it gets pointed out. How about blizzard do their fucking job for once instead of having all these "afterthought" specs suffering for the good better half of the expansion until they finally get to them at their own sweet pace.

I absolutely love the feel of the shaman rotation and stromstrike procs are so much fun!.....BUT, when youre mashing that SS button and your dps is subpar at best. Feelsbadman. No one wants subpar dps in thier raids. No one wants a class that brings zero utility or buff. The way these encounters are made require constant target switching and burst dps....which completely rules out ele and enh shaman.

Well I expected from the Poster atleast a list of changes he would llike to see....

Anyways the list of things I would like to see to be changed:
    1. Something to remove the procs of enhancement, or make it more "predictable", as in not spamming 7 SS in a row or getting 0 procs for a whole min. This will probably also decrease the maelstrom capping as well.

2. Give some special ability to enhancement/DPS shaman (resto has some cool cds :P), for now the only unique thing we bring as a shaman is tremor totem. Capacitator totem is comparable with sweeping kick of a monk and probably some other aoe stuns from other classes. Bloodlust isn't unique since a mage can timewarp or a hunter has the pet bloodlust.

What the extra unique (and useful) thing should be, is a bit hard to tell. On another topic I saw something about a "special Battle ress, that dies off in 40 sec". It is unique, but useful? Not really. A simple thing I was thinking about, make thunderstorm a talent for enhancement, so atleast we can knock stuff back. (for instance fellow players @ the mythrax fight)

3. Our AoE is pretty good, IF it's all stacked up. Sundering is a pretty small area(compare this to the DK Frost dragon flying over... I feel kinda lame with my small stripe.. :P) the aoe cleave is pretty good, but it's still a cleave. If you compare this to frozen orb, Bladestorm, hell even the beast CLEAVE isn't a cleave... as it's all nearby enemies instead of a frontal cone. The cleave part makes it a lot harder as you need to point your character to the group. (Sometimes it's hard since the adds are behind the boss/bigger add that cleaves, giving you no space to cleave them all).

Or I'm probably the only enhancement shaman that has problems with hitting all the targets with my cleave :P

Anyways the shortlist:
    1. Solve the SS/Maelstrom cap problem
    2. Unique ability for (DPS) shamans
    3. AoE should be changed a bit (not biggest PRIO but would be nice)
    Last edited by Butser; 2018-09-25 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus View Post
    Or, and this might sound crazy, they aren't ready just yet to add the enhancement changes bc they are still working on it and its not ptr ready.
    Enh/Ele/SPriest/Feral changes must be a hella difficult thing to do to not be able to give us this after all of the Alpha, Beta and live for 1 1/2 months. Seems like we're still in Beta For All (BFA)

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Current 8.1 Changelist for Enhancement Shaman:
    - Nothing

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Enhancement also was supposed to get some rework done in this patch?

Noone wants me in their M+ runs. In PvP I am just getting trained.

"For Elemental and Enhance, they both could use their niches more clearly defined, and there are some rotational/talent issues that we've seen raised, which are beyond the scope of hotfix-level tuning and will have to wait for an upcoming patch." - Ion reddit AMA.

Spamming noodle-strength RNG Stormstrikes is our niche I guess?
    How are Blizzard going to make class changes when they are using all there time on tuning the Azerite Traits. They really messed up it this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by funguse View Post
    Enh/Ele/SPriest/Feral changes must be a hella difficult thing to do to not be able to give us this after all of the Alpha, Beta and live for 1 1/2 months. Seems like we're still in Beta For All (BFA)
    I think Blizzard want to change those classes but they don’t have time do to the tuning of Azerite traits..

10+ Year Old Account
    Just roll back every change made since WoD and gives us back MoP enhancement.

Alas, maelstrom is here to stay..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

This guy gets it. Numbers are important yes, but play style/fun of the spec is WAY more important to me, and many others. Numbers can always be adjusted, but maelstrom is terrible, it doesn't feel right, and this way the class is played right now is meh. Currently it plays one of two ways, either everything is on cool down and you're scratching your ass waiting, or you're flat out pressing that SS button to get the most dps possible while ignoring the literal "enhancement" aspect of the spec. Ignoring self buffs should never be prioritized, but here we are.

And yes to the guy that said calm down it's only early ptr, these issues were brought up all through beta.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

+1 I don't know why they broke something that was working fine.

please do not get us back to mop style enhancement.
    Clearly you guyz have alzheimer's disease or something similar to ask for this kind of gameplay to make a comeback.
    Don't you remember the firetotem you had to use so your lavalash does respectable dommage twice per minute, the charges of maelstrom that must be used on lightening bolt?? The wolves that were basically a useless CD? The fact that our rotation was basically stormstrike and lavalash plus totems?!

The MoP gameplay didn't make sense, it worked, but it wasn't nice and it was enhancement!

Blizzard is able to make great gameplays that are interesting and engaging (unholy, boomkin, retribution, etc...) they don't need people to tell them what talent they want or whatever. They should just assign people to the task and communicate on the changes they're about to make.

Oh god no, let’s not go back to MoP playstyle. Legion playstyle is much more fun.
    Fix damage, and maybe change some talents around to allow players to pick how much predictability they want in their rotations (i.e, trading SS procs for Overload, etc.). But let’s NOT go back to MoP style. It was boring.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tastes are subjective, but this nonsense of turning nearly all specs into an energy bar playstyle is annoyingly streamlining.

And the spec isn't fun at this very moment in the game. You're either waiting on something, or you're full of SS procs and just spamming that, in a nutshell.

Deleted
    Flameshock and fire nova please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Oh quiet you. You try playing your spec at the top 100 in the world level and get outdpsed by some warlock who's only pulling 66th percentile dps and see how that feels; and this is not calling out warlocks. When you are playing your class to the max and putting in more effort than others, yet it's not remotely rewarding you know you're playing a broken class. Hell i've been benched for the first time since BC while pulling orange parses. That's how fucked up that is. Enhance has been getting the shaft with these late changes every expansion and there's always someone like you defending blizzard whenever it gets pointed out. How about blizzard do their fucking job for once instead of having all these "afterthought" specs suffering for the good better half of the expansion until they finally get to them at their own sweet pace.
    There will always be a "tier" list in terms of dps rankings. Lets say they buff enh to number 1, great! Now there's other classes and specs saying "You try playing X spec at the top 100 in the world level and get outdpsed by some Y spec who's only pulling 66th percentile dps and see how that feels.". Blizzard listens to the community X spec, and Y spec is now complaining; the cycle begins anew. Blizzard is actually doing do their job by listening to everyone complaints, which is is the problem. Unfinished classes is a whole other story...

I've been playing shaman on and off since BC, there have been times when enh had their highs and lows in terms of max dps. That is just the way it is, and as time goes on there will always be changes which may or may not bring enh to top 5 dps specs. There were a couple of times if i recall in which enh was really good. For example when Enh had that Flame shock Lava lash fire nova combo we were aoe kings (believe that was Cata through WoD)

I know exactly what you mean about percentiles; I know exactly how you feel. You can parse orange and get out dpsed by a lower ilvl affliction parsing 50s, sure. You need to understand that no matter what, there is a cycle of being on top and going to the bottom or being in the middle. With that said, you either ditch enh and play the top tier dps or play what you like. Blizzard is not forcing you to play shaman. Unless you are hardcore mythic raiding guild, from my experience good guilds would bench a high parsing player for doing less dps. If you truly are parsing high, you should not be too far behind. If you in a hardcore guild world first guild, you would have already ditched enh for affliction/beast mastery; like Method had done.

What I aspire Blizzard to do is to reduce the gap between dps specs; lowest preforming spec should not be miles away from the top preforming spec. I understand that this can be a difficult task as blizzard needs to make sure that abilities do not cheese certain fights; which is beyond my scope of knowledge. On top of that, PVP needs to be balanced as well. Enh is not bad, it just needs to get rid of the play style that is in the shadow of the legion rotation w/ doomhammer and doomwinds. Its clunky and has dead moments of standing there doing nothing; which in my opinion is the only problem at the moment.

Another OP who can't read

"AN upcoming patch"

As in, any upcoming patch. Not 8.1 exactly. Please read a bit next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    "AN upcoming patch"

Oh god.... :P it can even be 8.2! No... that would be a d!ck move of Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    Oh god.... :P it can even be 8.2! No... that would be a d!ck move of Blizzard
    it's literally what it states. An upcoming patch, aka "Any upcoming patch". Yet the people suddenly read 8.1 and they rage at blizzard for "lying" even though reading comprehension fail =/= lying

Same for shadow yeah? Nothing about their mini rework yet or did I miss it? Just give it more time. I'm fully ready to main enh if they don't f* it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Another OP who can't read

"AN upcoming patch"

Pretty sure it was stated a good while back sham and shadow work would be present for 8.1
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Same for shadow yeah? Nothing about their mini rework yet or did I miss it? Just give it more time. I'm fully ready to main enh if they don't f* it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it was stated a good while back sham and shadow work would be present for 8.1
    Please find me the exact quote then, literally the quote where they stated enhance would be in 8.1

Please find me the exact quote then, literally the quote where they stated enhance would be in 8.1
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273230577?t=00h16m42s

Deleted
    Guess that made you shut your face