Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    If you are going to watch Aliens, please watch the Directors cut. It fills some plot holes and makes the flow of the film better.
    Hmmmm I'm not sure if I have that option by just streaming...I'll make sure to google for that, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The problem is that most people doesn't seem to know what good horror is anymore
    Heredity has an amazing horror atmosphere to it. But the movie itself sucks and is filled with plotholes and the usual "any normal person wouldn't be in this situation" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I felt mad tremors and my monitor/desk was shaking and I thought it was an earthquake but it was just blueobelisk giving his first 10/10 and it broke the internet.
    I give 10/10s all the time! I think I gave Inception, Interstellar, The Godfather, and Looper 10/10s. (Or at least close enough to 10/10.)

As an experience, seeing a live action movie was 11/10 and really more enjoyable than watching a screen. (As I said and I'm probably offending people by now, if it was Shakespeare-y or musical-y/girly/cliche, I would've called it gay. But it wasn't, I think anyone could enjoy seeing the play.)

But the content of the play itself is what I call superb, novel, and well told. (And it was pretty fun and entertaining, too.) The seats for the play are actually $850 each.

(I was trying to find a good representation of the play on youtube, but everything i saw sucked and didn't do the show justice. I also think that the other actors/cities versions that I saw on youtube were inferior. I would've recorded a bit or taken some pics of the actual play if I wasn't in the second row....)

Leave no trace - 3/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3892172/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Well this movie went no where. Had a talented actor in Ben Foster and a decent enough child actor but the movie is a waste of time. I dont know what the message was other than some parents suck. Kept watching it thinking someone would happen and it never did Saaaad

The Nun- I'll rate it 7/10. Not a died hard fan of the conjuring

Grease 9/10 not the 10/10 Lalaland was but ok for its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The problem is that most people doesn't seem to know what good horror is anymore (Sure movies are subjective but still).
    A good example is this moive. It made 78 million world wide so it made some money. It has some disturbing imagery, good story and it really gives you chills and creepys you out. Once again also fantastic performances.
    The Nun that is still in theaters have so far made 310 million. The nun is a piece of crap movie, relying on jumpscares and a character that looks creepy. Story is shit, and some of the dialogue is abysmal. Even the first scene... ugh and the acting is everything from bad to meh.
    Conclusion: Movie going audience prefer cheap jumpscares over real horror.
    My problem with Hereditary is I never felt chills or creeped out. Nothing to hook me in or get exited for what's to come. Good performances aside, there was no character I wanted to see more of. I'll give it a second go and see what the "exciting" second half is all about.
    I agree that The Nun is a terrible movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched this one here yesterday on Netflix, first I thought hmm I don't know if I should watch it because in german it is called "Wolfsnächte" in english it would be something like "Wolf Nights" and I didn't want to watch another movie with wolfes like the one with Liam Neeson, but I gave it a try and was not disapointed

You should check it out if you like some Mystery/Thriller movies!

I'm expecting you guys to post/recommend scary movies since it's October.

Btw, I might go to the movie theater tomorrow to see House Clocks or some nonsense, but the only person who rated it was Fencers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The House with the Clock in Its Walls 7/10

Delightful! Reminded me of great children's aimed Horror-Adventure films of the 80s and 90s. In particular, The Witches. The plot is ho-hum and some of the actors are low-rent or not very good, to be frank. Black and Blanchett are both excellent though and a bit of a shame we don't get more of their back-and-forth both verbally and, erm, magically. Awesome gimmicks and creature effects too! Roth hasn't made a film this accomplished in years.
    But I don't know if the movie is going to be something cool for all ages, like Pan's Labyrinth, or if it's gonna be dumb and childish. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

But I don't know if the movie is going to be something cool for all ages, like Pan's Labyrinth, or if it's gonna be dumb and childish. Hmmmm...
    I wouldnt say Pan's Labyrinth is all ages, that eyeball dude is pretty creepy my nieces/nephews would lose a lot of sleep over it.

Film for all ages is spirited away or howls moving castle imo

I saw My Hero Academia: Two Heroes this past weekend.
    7.5/10
    The movie was fun, an original story that I think worked well within the series and characters. The plot was good, although predictable. I think it could have been longer as it felt a little short to me, and we didn't get to see the whole class. The brief overview of the series was nice for anyone who was unfamiliar with it.

Deleted
    Your name 12/10

I don't think this needs an explanation.

Just because: The 19 movies that audiences hated, defined as an "F" rating by CinemaScore:

1.) "mother!" (2017)
    2.) "The Darkness" (2016)
    3.) "The Devil Inside" (2012)
    4.) "Killing Them Softly" (2012)
    5.) "Silent House" (2011)
    6.) "The Box" (2009)
    7.) "Disaster Movie" (2008)
    8.) "I Know Who Killed Me" (2007)
    9.) "Bug" (2006)
    10.) "The Wicker Man" (2006)
    11.) "Alone in the Dark" (2005)
    12.) "Wolf Creek" (2005)
    13.) "In the Cut" (2003)
    14.) "Fear Dot Com" (2002)
    15.) "Solaris" (2002)
    16.) "Dr. T & the Women" (2000)
    17.) "Lost Souls" (2000)
    18.) "Lucky Numbers" (2000)
    19.) "Eye of the Beholder" (1999)

-------------------------------------

I find myself relieved to see that I've not seen a single one of the movies listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ant-Man and the Wasp - 7/10

The stakes in the MCU have become so substantial that it's nice this film took a more intimate approach. Paul Rudd is as charming as ever, that light-hearted feel and humor is back, the action sequences are unique and imaginative, and I like that the antagonist's motives weren't what we've typically seen from Marvel. Evangeline Lilly can come off a bit stiff but I warmed to her as the movie played out. Good film.

Antman and the Wasp - 4/10

So this movie happened. Dunno if it was worth the effort or not though. Humor was next to non existence. They do a 5min bit on truth serum that was completely flat and void of any comedy.

Infinity war was more funnier than Antman. Thats not good. He gets his kid to lie to FBI and its all a big joke and sweet. And nothing is taken seriously ever just like you can never take the movie seriously.

Villain is completely boring and cliche "Im in pain I have to kill all!!" "but I wont kill at all I'll just leave people laying there and make a lot of threats instead because it is a kids movie remember"

Complete rubbish would mark it lower if not for good effects/costumes and starred less talented actors.

The trailer also shows the best scenes saving nothing for the movie. Way to go marketing team!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hamilton -snip-
    Acting, rap and comedy all in one combo really does make for a blast of a theater-experience! A lot of work to create but in return it's difficult to find an audience that won't love it or find it a forgettable experience when well-acted too
    The format is abbreviated to SkRaCo here and I'm always on the lookout for it as a well done live-action-show beats any movie imo.

Solo 7/10

Better than expected and okay to watch without an interest in SW. Acting and dialogue makes up for the slight mess of a story and no light-saber-duel may be a plus depending on your tastes.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just because: The 19 movies that audiences hated
    I find myself relieved to see that I've not seen a single one of the movies listed.
    Cheap and terrible horror flicks are a dime a dozen as they're marketed to angsty teenagers that have other priorities than watching it when it starts playing.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-10-04 at 07:14 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just because: The 19 movies that audiences hated, defined as an "F" rating by CinemaScore:

1.) "mother!" (2017)
    2.) "The Darkness" (2016)
    3.) "The Devil Inside" (2012)
    4.) "Killing Them Softly" (2012)
    5.) "Silent House" (2011)
    6.) "The Box" (2009)
    7.) "Disaster Movie" (2008)
    8.) "I Know Who Killed Me" (2007)
    9.) "Bug" (2006)
    10.) "The Wicker Man" (2006)
    11.) "Alone in the Dark" (2005)
    12.) "Wolf Creek" (2005)
    13.) "In the Cut" (2003)
    14.) "Fear Dot Com" (2002)
    15.) "Solaris" (2002)
    16.) "Dr. T & the Women" (2000)
    17.) "Lost Souls" (2000)
    18.) "Lucky Numbers" (2000)
    19.) "Eye of the Beholder" (1999)

-------------------------------------

'mother!' was excellent, with the exception of the very first and last scenes, which simply could have been executed better or told in a different way. Having said that, I can see why some folks disliked it.

I've seen Killing Them Softly, and it was just ok.... I think it felt a bit unfocused from what I recall. The Box was also just ok, fairly forgettable. Solaris was great, whoever wrote that is clueless. I still need to see the original. Wicker Man was pretty bad... rest I've not seen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Solaris was great, whoever wrote that is clueless. I still need to see the original.
    2002 Solaris is only bad in the eyes of "cinema geeks" who can't handle a remake not being as good as the original movie... which, granted, was an amazing movie. But that doesn't make the remake any bad, it's just not something that will leave a noticeable trace in cinema history like the first one did. (but almost everyone agrees none of these come any close to the book)
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Wish (2018): 2 ~ 10 The original wasn't a very good movie, but it gifted us with Jeff Goldblum. This remake doesn't have anything like that to redeem it, not even Camila Morrone's hotness can help it. Points for decent gore.

Fanboys: 1 ~ 10 It's hard to root for any of these characters, and one of them has terminal fucking cancer.

Fifty Shades of Black: 4 ~ 10 Shit movie, but its unapologetic stupidity made it almost charming. I laughed a bit more than I'm willing to admit. Bonus points for Kali Hawks fine self, because damn, son.

Geostorm: 4 ~ 10 I didn't hate it, but it took itself way too seriously. Nice PS2 graphics, yo.

Hearts Beat Loud: 7.5 ~ 10 The father / daughter chemistry was wonderful, and the songs were kind of catchy, but some of the conflict outside of the leads felt forced and took something away for me.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Hold the dark is a weird film. Had so much potential. But it just doesnt really make much sense in my opinion.

Great action and I liked the cast a lot but I dunno. Weird movie man. They made characters so incredibly stupid they put themselves in ridiculous positions

The movie just kind of plods along. The extreme violence/brutality doesnt really have any pay off or meaning. Just left confused all around to what the point of it all was.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-10-06 at 07:55 AM.

I won the lottery to see Lion King on Broadway for $32 seats, but I woke up at 6:15 AM yesterday and stayed up til 1:30 AM watching UFC 229 so I feel too fucked up and tired to go.

'Tis a shame. Maybe another week. (Not that I remember much about the Lion King movie beside an evil uncle and the SPOILERS dad getting thrown off the roof.) I also saw Ant Man and The Wasp yesterday. I have to find some time to write a rating for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You "won a lottery" to pay 32 dollars to see the Lion King?

What the actual f....?!

Hey, I got a bridge to sell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.