Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There are more people playing daily on more popular servers.
    Show me, from stats I've seen the most popular servers may pull 3k concurrent, at peak. I think you are mistaking account statistics or character statistics for actual players.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Show me, from stats I've seen the most popular servers may pull 3k concurrent, at peak. I think you are mistaking account statistics or character statistics for actual players.
    You cant post ps link here, you know that. It's 8k concurrent, 30k daily.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain7 View Post
    Kinda worried about the improved spell effects. I hope they will still preserve the old effects and animations. It would be fine if they just slightly increased the particles or resolution though. The future shop is a no-no.

Besides that, if these rumors are true then that would be amazing.
    I think at most it will be in terms of resolution and not animation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I call bullshit. These three fall under the category of wishful thinking, something the community wants but there's no way they're true.

- - - Updated - - -

They've already confirmed that Classic will be using the retail client, which already has improved view distance built in. So why indeed...

Do Classic require even further view distance than retail??
    No that haven't confirmed that at all. They confirmed it will be based upon 1.12 client.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Launch April 2019.
    Shutdown December 2019 bc noone plays that shit.

Most useless crap they wasted ressources on ever.
    It's actually very likely that over time. More people will play classic over retail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I guess wait for a month and then know for sure?
    Nonsense! Speculation is always great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Nostalrius back when they operated had an average peak of 13k on weekdays, more during weekends obviously.
    There's an infograph image floating around with some stats from Nostalrius that you can just google, and keep in mind that the Classic movement have just gained a lot more traction after the announcement of gameplay being available at Blizzcon.

If this is true I'd rather a cheaper sub for live with a tack on if you want classic. There is no reason live subs should fund classic with how popular everyone claims it will be. The only reason for them including it in retail sub fee is to subsidize it because hardly anyone will play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebling View Post
    Leak from two days ago that stated there would be a playable demo at blizzcon before the fact (now confirmed) - lends this some credibility. Summary:

- Classic WoW is in a pre-alpha state, mostly all quests done. They started working on dungeons and battlegrouds.
    - 17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.
    - They don't think there will be a long beta phase.
    - Only changes: Improved textures and spell effects but still using the old models. Improved view distance and colorblind mode. Battle.net will have some restrictions on PVP servers.
    - 8 servers per region, 4 PVP, 2 PVE, 1 RP-PVP and 1 RP-PVE.
    - No ingame shop at the start.
    - Sub will be included in retail WoW or you pay less for Classic only.
    - Launch about April/June 2019.
    - There will be an annoucement and gameplay at Blizzcon

More info in reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/c..._detail_leaks/

Personal faves if true are half subscription cost for Classic only (Classic free if retail subbed) and original character models

Thoughts?
    My insider ( please keep in my all my leaked info has been 100% true on site over the last 5 years ) keeps me updated when he/she can. I can confirm this is shit.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    What are you even talking about? I used to recognize ppl just by quick look at their chars, with nameplates off. You never played it back then, didn’t you? Do you really think everybody were just prancing around in full t2 or something?
    i was on a server first guild. i know very well.
    everyone was wearing one of three, maybe four sets.
    both looking like shit because of the mix and match,
    and without any identity because there were only a couple relative sets at each time.
    i dont even wanna remember the AQ era, calling people clowns would be a compliment.

yes, you could maybe tell who is who by looking at them,
    with transmog though, it is much much easier. because people stand out.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-09-30 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    and without any identity because there were only a couple relative sets at each time.
    i dont even wanna remember the AQ era, calling people clowns would be a compliment.

What?
    If everyone's unique, no one's unique. I'm sure it's so much better nowadays when you see a Ret paladin run around in either T2 or Wrathful PvP set.
    Much immersion, very wow, such unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebling View Post
    Improved textures and spell effects
    Meh, I always like the crude spell effects and textures

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Meh, I always like the crude spell effects and textures
    Am I the only one that remembers the fact that one spell apparently used a miniaturized version of the Sunwell and caused mass server lag for the longest time?
    Though it's most likely a case of "make shiny more shiny" instead of actually revamping spell textures since it'd look way off if you had a 4k monitor and ran a game that has textures made for 1024 support.

Yeah and I was on a world first server and know this is bunk. There were a handful of players in whatever the best gear was at the time, but most of the server was in whatever greens and blues they could get their hands on. Generally it was a mix of PvP gear, 5 man gear, and maybe some ZG/Ony gear. The number of people running around in T2 and above was pretty slim. The number in full sets were even slimmer.

I mean hell 75% of the WoW population didnt even hit max level, let alone have AQ level gear to look silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah and I was on a world first server and know this is bunk. There were a handful of players in whatever the best gear was at the time, but most of the server was in whatever greens and blues they could get their hands on. Generally it was a mix of PvP gear, 5 man gear, and maybe some ZG/Ony gear. The number of people running around in T2 and above was pretty slim. The number in full sets were even slimmer.

I mean hell 75% of the WoW population didnt even hit max level, let alone have AQ level gear to look silly.
    which is my point exactly. everyone looked like shit.
    i'd much rather transmog an "unofficial" green set, than wear a couple pieces from each tier.

i mean, i HATED the transcendance set, but i HAD to wear it for months.
    best i could do was hide the head-piece, but i still looked like a fairy.

I'd be shocked, but super happy if it's launching in April. I was pretty certain it would come out in 2019, but I was leaning more towards later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Highly unlikely they'd not take advantage of a 15 year anniversary release on November 2019.
    When was the last time Blizzard released or rereleased something on an anniversary?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Launch April 2019.
    Shutdown December 2019 bc noone plays that shit.

Most useless crap they wasted ressources on ever.
    Retail seems pretty useless to you since you'd rather spend time here bashing another game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Am I the only one that remembers the fact that one spell apparently used a miniaturized version of the Sunwell and caused mass server lag for the longest time?
    Though it's most likely a case of "make shiny more shiny" instead of actually revamping spell textures since it'd look way off if you had a 4k monitor and ran a game that has textures made for 1024 support.
    Lightwell? That spell is utterly useless and won't be seen on screen very often.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2018-09-30 at 10:12 PM.

except one thing. no individuality whatsoever. and everyone looked like a clone of each other.
    In my experience playing on private servers from 2015 to now, this really isn't true at all.

It's only true on fully-progressed servers, where 90% of the population are raid loggers decked out in T3 gear.

Outside of that, the most "clone" you see is every single healer having a bright blue dress because Robes of the Exalted is BiS until T2, or every single DPS warrior having a golden helmet because Lionheart is BiS for the entire game.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-09-30 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - 17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.

That right there smells of bullshit to me. Assuring authenticity? Please...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Healasouhait View Post
    We either overestimated a LOT the popularity of Classic or it's not a leak but a fake. I can understand the point of making fewer servers, but with 8 at launch, we're in for a atrocious start lol
    8 servers PER REGION, so likely 24 servers total for the US (west coast, central, east coast)

When the server whose name rhymes with Shorthale launched, there were around 14k people online with another few thousand in the queue. By the end of the first week it slowed to around 12k online during primetime with no queues. And this is players from the ENTIRE WORLD all logging on to one server, not just people in one region.

I think 8 servers per region with 4-5 player cap will be enough.

which is my point exactly. everyone looked like shit.
    i'd much rather transmog an "unofficial" green set, than wear a couple pieces from each tier.

i mean, i HATED the transcendance set, but i HAD to wear it for months.
    best i could do was hide the head-piece, but i still looked like a fairy.
    Yes but you knew just exactly what content people were doing, where they had been, etc. You didnt even need addons to tell if someone could do something, you could tell by looking. There is a certain appeal to that.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Revenue model

I can well believe that Classic will be free with a subscription to the modern game and less without. I that's sensible. Due to the cost--any cost--there will be a rush at first which is very likely to diminish relatively quickly. I've seen the same people posting here often within hours theories that "The Game will be more popular than retail" & "The Game isn't for everyone because of QOL issues."

It can't be both.

I don't think they will need a lot of realms ultimately. And frankly most people should welcome that. If they can get everyone onto a minimum of realms with no queues to play then you'll have your chance to know everyone and blackball people to your heart's content. Yep.

I don't know about the rest of it. "Authenticity" lives in Irvine, not in France.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-09-30 at 10:23 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."