Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see the problem here. You people have seriously thin skin. Fuck millennials

He's a human not WoW's NPC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    "The community brought me some very well thought out issues and I straight up dismissed them, with prejudice. Fuck these fucking dickbags"

That's the head of Blizzard's PR machine... when the people that design, manage and communicate for the game HATE the players of the game, that's how you end up with BfA.
    He responds to the "well thought out issues" though...

Also, he posted about feedback on the WoW forums. His Twitter is referring to blocking other Twitter users. Not even the same thing.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2018-09-30 at 11:40 PM.

Also, by the way- that "Fuck today" post was posted directly after the Kavanaugh hearing. Had literally nothing to do with Warcraft. Those posts were- obviously, when not pulled out of context- about current politics, not Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post
    Social media is not private, it's public. If I can see it, it's not private. Simple logic you should be able to understand.
    True however there is a HUGE difference about people posting

"hey i really disagree with what you have done in regards to "X", "Y" and "Z"
    or
    "FUCK YOU, YOU GUYS LITTERALLY RUINED WOW YOU AMATUERS GO DIE IN A FIRE"

I assume the people he muted/blocked is of the second kind.

I don't care that his twitter account is "private", that's a load of bull. He represents Blizzard regardless of whether he's "CMLore" or "Josh Allen". This kind of blatant unprofessional attitude and antagonism towards the WoW playerbase is extremely uncalled for. Before you strawman me with anonymous twitter trolls being unbearable, realize that he's condescending on the official forums as well, and you don't need a lot of brainpower to put two and two together that he's referring directly to paying WoW customers as "dickbags".

How the heck is that any way appropriate?
    I don't think you know what the word "directly" actually means.

And irrespective of that he's still completely right. Twitter is full of toxic, borderline harassment from people who are mentally unstable and can't muster up enough brain cells to have a civilized discussion but would rather just attack someone. I would block the fuck out of those people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this. He didn't call anyone out directly here and didn't say anything out of line. Stating that he blocks trolls isn't inappropriate. Sounds like you are just overly sensitive.
    Yeah. OP definitely has an agenda. Even the way they worded their post "antagonism towards the Wow playerbase" is a reach.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

15+ Year Old Account
    Social media is not private, it's public. If I can see it, it's not private. Simple logic you should be able to understand.
    Also you post that but fail to address his posting of this....

More than likely his post was non-WoW related. Probably was in regards to the Supreme Court hearing bullshit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    He responds to the "well thought out issues" though...
    Yeah, a response that didn't answer any of the issues, that focused solely on dodging the question, deliberately misunderstanding the problem, and then quibbling over semantics.

Then he called everybody dickbags and ran off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the horde of morons come in here with their "he's only a human, he makes mistakes."

I really don't give a shit if he's having a bad day. Part of being an adult in the workforce is controlling your emotions and not acting like a victim every time someone on the internet has a problem with you.

Nobody in the service industry would survive a day calling their customers "dickbags" yet somehow I'm supposed to believe video game devs are an exception to that rule.

You people make me sick.

Because it's on his personal twitter, which is unaffiliated with his job. (I checked, by the way - those tweets weren't even about WoW)

Besides, if I had to deal with the WoW community on a daily basis I would be very liberal with the block button on my twitter too. In fact, it says a lot more about you if you're mad about Lore calling the trolls harassing him dickbags.

Lore is a Community manager, he didn't make the Azerite system and has no power to change it. He's just been put in the very shitty position of trying to defend it.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-01 at 01:44 AM.

Meh, he blocked idiots that were just spewing random hate at him.

So tweets were not a cesspool of random idiots flinging shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with him venting on his personal twitter account. The playerbase can be toxic and has driven more than one CM to respond like this *cough Tseric*. Josh at least didn't do this on the official forums using an official account.

As for you trying to frame this as an attack on "Wow's paying customers". He clearly singled out those hiding behind anonymity of Twitter to spew bile and vitriol. Fuck those people.
    Tseric's meltdown was legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his personal Twitter, and he is well within his right to block whoever he wants, whenever he wants. He doesn't have to tolerate people harassing him with threats, and can tell them to fuck right off if he wants. Just because he happens to work for Blizzard, doesn't mean he has to put up with the constant toxicity from the retards of the WoW community spilling over into his personal life. Twitter is NOT the WoW Forums.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Where do you work? I will forward this condescending post on to your employers.
    Oh the joys of the anonymous nature of the internet. If I don't want MY EMPLOYER to see what I post online, I don't make my settings public so they can see it or discuss things about my job if they are in a public setting. Isn't the internet wonderful?!?!?

Thats his personal twitter, not Lore. Piss off.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP just joining the band wagon of BfA whiners/complainers. Grasping at anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Thats his personal twitter, not Lore. Piss off.
    @devlore is personal? Sure communicates a lot about the game from there to be personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    Of course the horde of morons come in here with their "he's only a human, he makes mistakes."

I really don't give a shit if he's having a bad day. Part of being an adult in the workforce is controlling your emotions and not acting like a victim every time someone on the internet has a problem with you.

Nobody in the service industry would survive a day calling their customers "dickbags" yet somehow I'm supposed to believe video game devs are an exception to that rule.

You people make me sick.
    His Tweet was not related to Warcraft. It was posted in the immediate aftermath of the Kavanaugh hearing, and fit perfectly in line with other feelings he'd expressed about politics on his personal Twitter. OP is pulling them out of context and painting them as having anything to do with Warcraft.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Something similar happened with that one dev from GW2. She got fired though. I'm not sure what lore said is on the same level either.
    yeah it really isn't, Jessica Price mocked fans specifically for giving feedback when the feedback was detailed and constructive. Lore doesn't even give any implications that he's speaking in the context of feedback or even world of warcraft.

He's not doing anything wrong here.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2018-09-30 at 11:44 PM.