Poll: Will Classic Fail ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think most ppl know what they are getting into tbh....

I'd pay to see the face of a player when he realise his warrior defensive CD has a 1hour recharge. Like retaliate had during vanilla. Somehow I don't think ppl will adjust to that.

Or when they realise their beloved spec is utterly crap and if Blizz remain true to the real vanilla it will be crap forever.

So I voted yes, it will fail.

Sure they could (and should) fire the server and forget it evens exists because if they start tweaking stuff it will cause more problems than solutions... no matter what ppl will cry... either the purists or the ones after qol.

It wont fail but I doubt it will be as successful as some people on this forum thinks it will be

Yes, it will fail. The time for classic as a paid product is long gone.

Whatever changes Blizzard make to it (and there will be plenty, you're not getting 1.12 client and servers) will be scapegoated by the Classic community as the reason it failed.

it's already a success thanks to that pay to play demo thing they did.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Classic relaunch probably paid for itself just by the extra virtual tickets for Blizzcon it sold.

Depends on what metric of success we are using.

Will Classic be popular, of course.

Will Classic out perform the live version of the game like some people naively believe. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    What i mean by a fail is that vanilla whiteknights are too loud,and i have the impression when i listen to them that wow will climb back to 12 million subs.
    So if by fail you mean "Doesn't meet obviously unrealistic standards set by a few people who can only see the inside of their own colon" then of course it will. If you want to go by a sane, realistic sense of "will it fail" then the answer is an obvious no.

Nobody knows and that means it's a pointless thread.

Totally depends how you define success, but given the state of Live, I've gone from "why the hell are they even doing this?" to "eh maybe I'l check it out".

I voted No, Classic will have a small but very dedicated player base, I'm (now) certain of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    If u played 100 years ago u know what 's going on in Classic. Are u first time in Classic? U will see everyting in few months. No new content, no group finders, smaller Azeroth, no mounts etc.. But huge hope and a lot of nostalgia. It will fail faster than WoD
    A clear example of someone who's actually out of touch.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not black or white though much like the case for other MMOs on the market. If it doesn't have millions of subscribers it doesn't mean it fails it just means it'll likely fall in to a niche market which can last as long as the developers and operators see fit.

It'll see an initial surge and eventually find its dedicate player base like any other MMO.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It doesn't need 4 million daily players to be successfull.

I'm sure Classic will have it's own constant, but smaller playerbase. Even way less that one million is fine.
    Let's hope so because it will inevitably be way less than one million.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Paragraphs. Its really tedious to read wall of text like that...
    Take your grammar nazzi shit somewhere else.

I think I'll enjoy it for a little bit. Not sure if I'd swap from retail to it but it is something I'd like to experience seeing as how I only got to play the last month of it before bc went live.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The bitterness some retail players have towards classic and people looking forward to it is weird to say the least

People begged for Pandaren. They were successful. People begged for Demon Hunters. They were successful. People have begged for Classic for more than 10 years. It too shall succeed.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Deleted
    Ofc classic will fail.. wanna know why? now we have i9 CPU's very powerful GPU's 4k resolutions.. now back in my days.. i were playing on 2 core cpu without a graphic card.. 2gb of ram and 360gb disk.. it was POWERFUL back then and barerly run classic on low res.. THIS was classic wow = lags/10fps in ironforge.. and you guys think playing classic on 4k resolution with 32gb of ram and 50' monitor will give you "real classic feeling"? please stop lying to yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMakavelix View Post
    Ofc classic will fail.. wanna know why? now we have i9 CPU's very powerful GPU's 4k resolutions.. now back in my days.. i were playing on 2 core cpu without a graphic card.. 2gb of ram and 360gb disk.. it was POWERFUL back then and barerly run classic on low res.. THIS was classic wow = lags/10fps in ironforge.. and you guys think playing classic on 4k resolution with 32gb of ram and 50' monitor will give you "real classic feeling"? please stop lying to yourself
    LOL
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Before i start id like to mention that i did experience classic wow and this is my opinion,i might be wrong but i really doubt it.The only good thing about classic was the community and nostalgia.I will always remember my first orc warrior character,it was an amazing feeling,the music,graphics,ambience etc.

I also remember my first time doing quests in a group with another person,it was such amazing feeling back then,while thats not a big deal today.I remember clearing The Black Temple in TBC for the first time,i was talking about it for days with my friends.Classic was the first experience of WoW for us,people were knew to the game,curios and careful thats why the community was way better back then.Today,we learned the game,most of us want faster gameplay/progression,less grinding,faster leveling (some even want to get rid of leveling) more content etc.

Most you dont remember or simply refuse to admit that vanilla was way worse then you think.Leveling could take months,griding was horrible,no mounts till lvl 40 (which were expensive as hell),raids/dungeons mechanics were so simple and bad in comparsion to modern ones,no transmog,you looked pretty much the same as other 200 guild members.Eating for 2 mins after every god damn fight,class imbalance was so bad that we could call legion the king of pvp,i remember quite well retri paladins and pom pyro mages literally one shotting people.No draenei and blood elves,no paladins in horde and shamans in alliance,no LFR,dungeon finder - where you could spam for hours and eventually wipe the raid in 10 mins and leave,then repeat.

There is tons of other things to mention but i dont want to make this thread huge.I understand that SOME of you like this,but i completely disagree that vanilla is liked by the majority of people and is better than current wow.I can bet that vanilla servers wont reach over 500k subs.Many will realize this and go back to retail,just watch and mark my words.However, good luck to you, im not going back to fight against my nostalgia.
    What would you consider fail? Will it have 10 million players? Maybe not. But didn't blizzard said that they were aiming for 250 k players when they released vanilla.
    I don't think it will fail but still believe retail will have way more player.
    Myself? I played vanilla and I'm done with that shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic will have more subs than bfa/modern garbage wow.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Classic will have more subs than bfa/modern garbage wow.
    In what universe :S

Vanilla was a horrific mess full of unbalanced classes, bugs and terrible content. Even at a low point (BFA) it still beats vanilla out of the water.

But have fun grinding Tyr's Hand for eternity.