Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I guess wait for a month and then know for sure?
    They can very easily not give any release date, so no one would know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    It was Prior to the announcement of Classic, so probably not.
    I'm not picking up what you're putting down by this. Yes it was prior to classic announcement when they had that visit, which I now assume was entirely about Blizzard wanting to do a classic server.

So my statement is still accurate: it isn't far fetched that a couple people from the Noz team are now employed by Blizzard to work on classic.

1) Blizz entertains the idea of a classic server
    2) Blizz invites some Noz people over
    3) Blizz announces classic
    4) A couple Noz people are working on it.

It's been several yeas since any Blizzard people had worked on the old version of the game so it is entirely plausible that people who were working on pirated versions would be hired to help facilitate re-creating the old version. Hell, they could have even got a lot of the old code from these people for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I'm not picking up what you're putting down by this. Yes it was prior to classic announcement when they had that visit, which I now assume was entirely about Blizzard wanting to do a classic server.

So my statement is still accurate: it isn't far fetched that a couple people from the Noz team are now employed by Blizzard to work on classic.

1) Blizz entertains the idea of a classic server
    2) Blizz invites some Noz people over
    3) Blizz announces classic
    4) A couple Noz people are working on it.

It's been several yeas since any Blizzard people had worked on the old version of the game so it is entirely plausible that people who were working on pirated versions would be hired to help facilitate re-creating the old version. Hell, they could have even got a lot of the old code from these people for all we know.
    What I am saying is I doubt there's any correlation. Blizzard opened positions and people, including some from Noz applied, and Blizzard hired the candidates that they wanted... a couple being people from Noz. I doubt they went out of their way to specifically ensure that people from Noz applied... at best they probably gave them a heads up on the job openings prior to publically announcing them.

Former Nost devs telling Blizzard how to make their own game authentic. BUHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would they hire 2 devs from a private server (read: not authentic) to oversee authenticity? Nost is literally the exact opposite of authentic development, because private servers are based around a lot of guess work and trying to imitate information and data that Blizzard already has complete access to. "Hey let's hire two people to tell us that we should probably space out raid launches."
    It was reported on last year that Blizzard approached 2 French programmers affiliated with the PS server promoted by Mark Kern. (Silly we can't mention the name).

Very (VERY!) few currently at Blizzard were actually involved with Vanilla. The few there have long forgotten shit from 14 years ago. Their guesswork is worse than those familiar with Vanilla. When integrating the modules, I can see a valid reason for authenticity appraisal. Because it's not a simple game of flipping a switch, as Blizzard stated. Much can potentially change.

Those 2 French programmers know more about Classic than Blizzard staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Former Nost devs telling Blizzard how to make their own game authentic. BUHAHAHAHAHA
    I think the idea is they're there to call blizzard on any bullshit. But I doubt that is why they are on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on if they will be using the old animations for things as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain7 View Post
    Kinda worried about the improved spell effects. I hope they will still preserve the old effects and animations. It would be fine if they just slightly increased the particles or resolution though. The future shop is a no-no.

Besides that, if these rumors are true then that would be amazing.
    Noooo no new improved spell effects! the old fireball/sbolt/pyro look so much better than retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Launch April 2019.
    Shutdown December 2019 bc noone plays that shit.

Most useless crap they wasted ressources on ever.
    Another random schmuck on MMO Champ. Thank you Miss Cleo for your bold prediction. May we have the powerball numbers for the next drawing while you're at it?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It was reported on last year that Blizzard approached 2 French programmers affiliated with the PS server promoted by Mark Kern. (Silly we can't mention the name).

Very (VERY!) few currently at Blizzard were actually involved with Vanilla. The few there have long forgotten shit from 14 years ago. Their guesswork is worse than those familiar with Vanilla. When integrating the modules, I can see a valid reason for authenticity appraisal. Because it's not a simple game of flipping a switch, as Blizzard stated. Much can potentially change.

Those 2 French programmers know more about Classic than Blizzard staff.
    No they do not. That was my point. Those 2 French programmers:

1) Were working entirely based on guesswork. That is literally the only thing they have serious experience with for Vanilla wow, is guesswork to fill in the gaps in information not readily available outside of Blizzard.
    2) Have absolutely zero experience with the modern client and server systems, and with the updated coding techniques Blizzard uses with the modern systems and is translating Vanilla to for Classic

Blizzard isn't doing guesswork. Most of what those PS devs spend their time doing is filling in holes that Blizzard already has real values for because they have infinitely more access to original server code, original client code in no doubt multiple states, patches, PTR versions, etc, as well as access to things like internal patch notes with more specifics and other details that were never seen by the public. That's why there is no reason to bring them on, and certainly no reason to bring them on to appraise authenticity, the thing that private servers completely lack because they are entirely built on vague guesswork.

In essence: There is literally nothing that those devs have had access to in terms of knowledge about Vanilla, that Blizzard do not have better access to. And Blizzard has significantly better access to a great deal of information they did not have access to. How do you think that they'd know more when they, objectively, do not have access to any information about Vanilla that Blizzard doesn't have more access to?

They don't know more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I think it's entirely possible that Blizzard might've hired a couple of the Nost devs, But for things other than ensuring authenticity

You can't get more authentic than the original source code of the game, Which Blizzard has
    Yes if they was hired it was for there experience in working with WOW legacy code/data not authenticity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Yes if they was hired it was for there experience in working with WOW legacy code/data not authenticity.
    authenticity in this case is not meant in like knowing the correct code. from the mouth of the german source its more about ensuring the "vanilla feeling" is made sure of. That the game feels authentic to the player down the road. That a warrior has a difficult leveling experience. that a mage has to drink after 5 spells and so on. that stuff. not so much, how it's actually achieved in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by PewpewNL View Post
    Only thing I'd like to know is if your acquired gear in the new vanilla is in some way linked, xmog wise with your live retail account, don't see any point playing it if not for naxx40 xmogs for my alts.
    Good, Blizzard is not releasing Classic as something to bait retail players into playing. It's for fans of Vanilla, hence why they're even doing it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Good, Blizzard is not releasing Classic as something to bait retail players into playing. It's for fans of Vanilla, hence why they're even doing it in the first place.
    Truth. I really hope they don't try to add any bait for people who don't actually want a vanilla experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No they do not. That was my point. Those 2 French programmers:

1) Were working entirely based on guesswork. That is literally the only thing they have serious experience with for Vanilla wow, is guesswork to fill in the gaps in information not readily available outside of Blizzard.
    2) Have absolutely zero experience with the modern client and server systems, and with the updated coding techniques Blizzard uses with the modern systems and is translating Vanilla to for Classic

Blizzard isn't doing guesswork. Most of what those PS devs spend their time doing is filling in holes that Blizzard already has real values for because they have infinitely more access to original server code, original client code in no doubt multiple states, patches, PTR versions, etc, as well as access to things like internal patch notes with more specifics and other details that were never seen by the public. That's why there is no reason to bring them on, and certainly no reason to bring them on to appraise authenticity, the thing that private servers completely lack because they are entirely built on vague guesswork.

In essence: There is literally nothing that those devs have had access to in terms of knowledge about Vanilla, that Blizzard do not have better access to. And Blizzard has significantly better access to a great deal of information they did not have access to. How do you think that they'd know more when they, objectively, do not have access to any information about Vanilla that Blizzard doesn't have more access to?

They don't know more.
    What are you talking about? Ofc they have to do the same guesswork as Pserver devs did, that's why it's taking so long.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    If classic comes out next year then great. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    What are you talking about? Ofc they have to do the same guesswork as Pserver devs did, that's why it's taking so long.
    It's like you completely ignored what the watercooler was about.

ufabet

ขอบคุณสำหรับความคิดที่ดีที่จะน ำมา ฉันรู้มากขึ้น:P

Probably on April 1.

Last edited by Maudib; 2018-10-12 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've thought it to just be connected with retail/live subscription, and launch on the anniversary of 2019.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..